Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Do the Monarch next, I hear that one is special.

11 Likes

Second that still have yet to see one post about monarch Louie xiii is a amazing cultivar tied for my favorite og with sfv

13 Likes

I have to agree with that statement except I got a squeeze in some master Kush to complete the trio of my favorite so cal kushes I had growing up in the inland empire right on the edge of LA and Orange County

Monarch is very high on my list to pop as well as secret chief and master of muppets and pillow book for my master kush needs.

Luckily I have all 4…

11 Likes

Thanks guys! Monarch is next! Has anyone tried Raspberry Unicorn or Dragoon’s Blood? Interesting strain info.

7 Likes

Monarch it is. Thanks!

7 Likes

Will do! Thanks

3 Likes

Triple Sunshine (tk x SSDD) - Week 11 / cured flower impressions

Very dense & long towers of calyxes that form together to make a crown shape. Moderately sticky and has a nice sour gassy odor.

4-6 inhalations. Vaporized in Mighty vaporizer @ 365F.

Potency : medium-high

Odor level : high

Flavor : Sour , earthy , mint , fuel

Onset : Slightly creeper.

Duration: 2.5 hours

Type of effects : Nice relaxing head high coupled with physical relaxation. “comfortable” is a word I would used to describe SSDD, and I’d say this in the same realm as the SSDD. Biggest difference I’m noticing is it’s not as “dreamy” as ssdd, it is much more alert. At the moment I prefer it over pure SSDD for everything other than sleep medicine.

Have been consuming cured samples of Week 9 , 10 , and 11 harvested buds throughout the week and for me week 11 is by far the most potent of the 3. I was going to take everything at week 10 but @HolyAngel suggested I take one of them to 77 days based on his experience with the TK, definitely appreciate that advice.

Doubt it is nearly as strong as the tk but I’m really happy with it for the moment. I prefer milder and functional buds, and while this is stronger than I initially thought, I still wouldn’t say it has devastating potency. The plant has a nice amount of post-flip vigor and fills in with some nice easy to trim buds. Quality plant in my book.

Hoping for a male so that F2s can be made. If not maybe there’s another cool female to be found!

46 Likes

GLG has a special buy-one pack and get a freebie. There is also a restock on some older stuff. I grab two I have been wanting to add to the grow rotation.

15 Likes

Indeed thanks @SEMOActivist ! A 48 hour BOGO. They have Triple Goddess, Red Eye Jedi, Secret Chief, Mom’s Lemon …. lots more.
Plus Kali Mist x , Pine Apple, Shakedown St. freebies.

BTW, in case anyone doesn’t know this,
to check the quantity of packs available,
type in 99 or 999 and click Add to Cart. It’ll show how many are in stock.

21 Likes

I had a nice Raspberry Unicorn. I found it to be good for nerve pain. It had a berry or stone fruit type smell mixed with something less pleasant like baby shit maybe. I crossed it with Cake and Chem from Greenpoint. Those all turned out really good but unfortunately had some mold issues.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback. I always grow a few strains for my wife’s gummies and oils (I love Levo).I loved everything about your description but the baby shit smell. That could be a deal killer. ROFL.
I am trying some Super Critical Bud that is 1:1 THC/CBD and have high hopes it smells better than Unicorn crap. lol

If it had mold issues, is there any chance the smell was like cat piss?

7 Likes

Bogo freebies? Here we go again…breaks out the wallet

10 Likes

Hey buddy @brobeans , welcome to OG. Highly recommend you introduce yourself to the gang!
https://overgrow.com/t/introduce-yourself-og-part-1/36525/5103
Edit: especially since you’ve had an account for 2 years! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::bear:

8 Likes

A good buddy of mine (and a better grower than me) has agreed to veg out some Staff of Life F1’s for me until March 1, which will be after the last frost and just in time for spring flowering (F2ing!) here in Nor Cal, provided there are no monsoons lol.

With a little creativity, I might even manage two different pollinations this spring.

For now, I’ve got the More Cowbell Minty Dub pollen from @bigzach87 on the GSC S1’s in this thread. Trying to ride it out six more weeks at least:

13 Likes

the saints crossing and monarch sound like amazing stains

6 Likes

I’m just glad to see it’s not only me lol.

4 Likes

Dude, for me the combination of a seed bank that accepts cards, and 3 beers always seems to lead to a Bodhi buy! :rofl:

12 Likes

I’m gonna save up my money until April though, and pray for a drop of new Bodhi geetics to coincide with 4/20 sales!

7 Likes

My Saints Crossing girls will move into flower tomorrow. They germinated and spent a month in Solo cups, and have now vegged for a month in Octopots. HUGE fan leaves!
20231111_123845

43 Likes

Many of those Bad Dawg Freebie crosses are very potent, some bigger or smaller but some real dope.

9 Likes