Bodhi Guide - Seed and Strain Discussion (Part 1)

Greenhighlander was kidding, obviously, but it didn’t sound like some of these other people were.

9 Likes

People are entitled to their opinions…

But seriously, such junk seeds. Thankfully I am starting a refuge for the poor unwanted junk Bodhi seeds. I will give your junk Bodhi seeds a good home, where they can live out their days.

22 Likes

Nobody said there’s not great plants in his f1 lines. Just shared the experience with some packs is all

6 Likes

I was only joking with the opening line . I meant every other word 100% lol

This shit is just sad to see

7 Likes

FWIW I respect AdvancedBuffalo’s opinion, because he’s grown out a lot of packs and shown photos etc. That said, always possible he’s looking for something specific that he’s not finding, whereas I’m happy to explore and don’t mind if some things work out better than others.

11 Likes

The opening line was the only one I read, didn’t read anything else you wrote haha!

Just kidding.

It is true, though. Like, what’s the fucking problem here again? Bodhi is “obsolete”? All of his shit sucks? Really? Okay, fine, get off the thread and the rest of us will continue to grow his plants. I’m fine with that.

6 Likes

Oh I wouldn’t go that far lol. I loved a bunch of the Appalachia crosses I’ve grown from bodhi. I haven’t gotten into the ghash dad yet or the OMG but those 3 are the main bodhi gear I still hold.

6 Likes

Just because…. I like how Bodhi has presented himself, which is why I will always support him and his work. Outa :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

5 Likes

is this relatively rare or not so much?

2 Likes

Probably why the goji you spoke of had intersex issues. I have a sl bx and dirty hippy cross from @GrowHard …I should do something with

4 Likes

A group of 6 or so of us each grew out a pack of mothers milks and 3 of us saw mostly or all herms, the other 3 didn’t report anything 🤷

as for stable from seed and then herm from clone, I can’t say I’ve really had that happen before. I’ve made clones of seed plants that hermed, and the clones also hermed just like I suspected they would. But outside of that one mm girl, I haven’t seen any other stable plant from seed I’ve grown that wasn’t also stable from clone.

11 Likes

While I respect everyone’s opinions and I have my favorite Bodhi male i will say this.
I will respect someone’s opinions more about breeding males if they actually had experiences breeding with 1 male for multiple generations let alone more than 1 male.

Let’s be real. 99.9% of us here are growers and not breeders. And a majority of us don’t grow to our full potential (including myself) for whatever reasons. So how can we say anything about breeding males lol

I’ll end with this, I personally have never grown any of Bodhis mother plants to have any opinion on what the males he uses might bring to the table, or take away. How many of you have ? Lol

To each their own in the end. But just some things to think about when you’re formulating an opinion on this topic

26 Likes

Does anyone know what environment Bodhi breeds in?

From the feedback here it seems like maybe some of his stuff doesn’t belong indoor.

5 Likes

I thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that he stress tests males outdoors at times but I’ll try to hunt down where I saw it exactly…

4 Likes

Greenhouse I believe…not really sure

5 Likes

Ya like the stuff labeled *outdoor only

A few posts out of how many thousand ? and suddenly there are questions about Bodhi’s gear that need answering by folks ?

Can’t make this shit up

9 Likes

I just remember hearing if I’m not mistaken that other snow lotus hybrids had sex issues.

4 Likes

I have what most would call a dirty grow space. Dirt floor, block walls, spiders, and snakes. Had spider mites, thrips, and pm. Light leaks, timer malfunctions, and my own idiocy. When I asked B if he would mind me as a tester, given all those conditions… he said his was worse, and mine would be uptown, lol!

I may be generous on my definition of hermies, but I haven’t had one with his gear. Tony Green, yes, B no, so go figgur, lol! A few nanners, yes, some stray seeds, yes, but never a full blown one.

I have had some balls on a few Appy crosses, Blueberry Hill was the worst, but picking them off worked, and clones of those did not have balls.

Good thing I’m not a breeder, huh :rofl:

20 Likes

Hey, that’s not fair what about those of us who neither grow nor breed but collect & resell seeds?

18 Likes

I like the idea that @schmarmpit proposed. If you want to do something like that I’m willing to help bro. I’ve never had a SL cross so it would be cool to try.

3 Likes