Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Well what’re you waiting for? :sunglasses::green_heart:

5 Likes

Has anyone heard of the Blueberry Indica Bodhi had ? Im trying to find out if anyone has any anymore ?
Im not sure how old it is, but Ive never heard of it and I think that would be a great strain to preserve as long as it has been discontinued.

I contacted one company who says they got it from Bodhi a long time ago and use it in their most recent crosses. I havnt gotten a reply back, but hopefully someone here knows something.

That and Bodhis Nepali watermelon hashplant I would love to find.

7 Likes

You mean the Blue Moonshine (Rare Indica Stretch Pheno) ?
I know bodhi crossed it with his Bubba Kush to make Bubbashine, and then crossed that with Snow Lotus and Appalachia to make Blue Tara and Sunshine Daydream, respectively. I would LOVE a pack of Bubbashine, but I’m pretty sure it no longer exists at this point. Would’ve been one of the early releases.

18 Likes

Bodhi made a few hybrids years ago with a cut of dj shorts blueberry. But DJ short requested people not to work with blueberry, so bodhi switched to using the classic santa cruz blue dream for all of his “blueberry” strains like blueberry hashplant (sc blue dream x 88g13hp).

If that’s what you mean, I don’t think you’d be likely to find anything made with the blueberry at this point. but if you did it would be someone else’s preservation or hybrid outcross.

I think you’re unlikely to find the watermelon hashplant. That was released years ago, like 2006, and I have only seen 2 documented grows.

I’m hoping bodhi still has the watermelon hashplant and his other nepali lines in deep freeze. I’d love to see him revisit those genetics.

16 Likes

Yeah, didn’t Bodhi only release like thirty packs of that, too? I feel like that was one of the ones that was extremely limited.

7 Likes

Definitely a very low number. And based on what I’ve read it seems like it may have only been released through the auction on one of the old forums.

3 Likes

i could be wrong about this but i think he might’ve mentioned on his potcast interview that the watermelon hashplant is one that he wants to remake at some point.

7 Likes

Not gonna spam… Not gonna spam was stray watermelon hash fighter

3 Likes

I remember reading something about someone else working with it after perhaps stray and it was more of a sativa leaner and went like 13-14 weeks

I was excited to search for it but then was turned off by the more details I found.

7 Likes

Dude, I never listen to podcasts, but I downloaded two of Bodhi’s podcast interviews on my phone a few days ago. Had to fly to upstate NY a couple days ago, fully intended to listen to them on the plane. Forgot to pack my ear buds, so I bought some at the newsstand in the airport. Got on the plane, all buckled up and at cruising altitude, settled in, ready to listen to them, pulled the headphones I bought outta my bag and it had a jack designed for like a fucking Walkman or something haha! Couldn’t plug them into my phone, although I spent like five minutes trying. Didn’t get to listen to them…

Yeah, I remember reading that somewhere, too. icmag, maybe?

The pictures I saw of it (again, I think it was icmag, I’ll find it and post a link) definitely looked extremely Sativa-ish. Weren’t the seeds of it collected in, like, Nepal or some sort of mountainous region in Eastern Asia? Or maybe India? I’ll try and find the post.

8 Likes

man thats a bummer, but both of his interviews are really great man, lots of good info and you really just get a sense for Bodhis vibe, he seems like the nicest fucking guy in the world, really solidified that i want to buy more of his gear and support what he does.

6 Likes

Yes they were found by him in Nepal as far as Ive read. Its a Napali Sativa Landrace with Watermelon terps :yum:

6 Likes

Thats exactly how I feel too. Thats why I think its important as nube and others have said, to make sure if we “share the love” that we are not taking money from him or his family.

4 Likes

Just some quick updates on the bodhi varieties in flower. I really would like to let these go another week or so, but I’m pressed for time with the spaces that I have, so they’ll all be coming down at 59 days. (Pics taken at 54 days)

Mango Hashplant.

Dank Sinatra F2 (NuBe)

My Stankonia cross (Soul Mate x Chem Toffees)
Short pheno

Tall pheno

39 Likes

Some more info I have saved on my phone.
It seems many seed company’s had this strain for sale at some point. Maybe one day someone here will donate or make some more for us. I would love to be able to breed with her. So many cross ideas I have that would be perfect. Maybe some day I can travel and find some beans of my own in that part of the world.

“…Watermelon Hashplant is a Nepal highland Himalayan mountain sativa landrace personally collected at 2000 meters in the Mileche region of the Annapurna national forest. 18 individuals were openly pollinated to create these marijuana seeds. A very large plant comprised of thousands of foxtails creating spear shaped oily buds that smell of melons, tea rose, and Himalayan flowers. The beauty of Nepali’s are their extreme hardiness and vigour, coupled with exotic floral and fruit terpene signatures, and a happy, joyful, elation in the head with a light warm ecstatic body high…”

18 Likes

WoW those look gorgeous. I wish I could smell that Mango Hashplant :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

@HappyTrees23s thank you!
The Mango Hashplant has had a bit of a rough journey to make it to flowering lol.
I popped the seed a long time ago now (January I think) haha.
I’ve had to keep it in the seedlings cupboard for months, constantly cutting it back to keep it small, before being able to finally set up the tent again and flower it.

8 Likes

Well she still looks happy :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Please let me know what she is like. Im hoping her name decribes her perfectly for you.

3 Likes

This spring the GLG promo for the Bodhi drop said this regarding the skunk hashplant…

Skunk Hashplant (hs33) outdoor skunk revival #1 (releasing some of my random skunk work for the community to enjoy) :slight_smile:
I have 2 questions on that (for anybody)

1. What does “releasing” mean? I thought end of the line at the time.
  2. What does “random” mean…Are the all the skunk hp’s the same? I grabbed a pack then thinking it sounded like the end of the line for them…but I really don’t know what all that meant.
6 Likes

I hope Elwindy doesn’t mind me jumping in here. :wink:

The Skunk Hashplant uses the Hippy Slayer #33 mom that bodhi found and his 8813HP dad. Both parents are still around, so it’s not the end of the line.

All of his Skunk Hashplant are the same cross. His use of the word “random” indicates that he pulled out one of his internal crosses he’s been working on that he had enough to release to the public. He mentioned in his Pot Cast interviews that he wants to start doing this - “releasing” aka selling or giving away as freebies some of his line work (PUF3 and PUF5, SM F2, etc.) and some of his tool making projects, such as skunk hashplant we’re talking about, or the terp tool crosses he released to Radio Ridge Nursery to share with the legal production market.

26 Likes