Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 3)

Continuing the discussion from Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 2) - #5098 by DesertHeartGardens.

Previous discussions:

12 Likes

Welcome to the Bodhi Plant and seed guide part 3, lol. Bodhi, Bodhi, Bodhi.

He also offered me SSDD x Bubba Katsu, SSDD x Goji OG and Silver Sunshine. I am not really looking for a breeding project as I have a few stacked up already but if I am going to get seeds they might was well be something worthy of reproducing in case I want to go that way down the road. Also just found 5 more BMR F1’s. Sure not Bodhi but still, I will land that great white buffalo one day, lol.

31 Likes

Whoa what a way to start part 3. I feel like it bears saying that although it’s a drag to see two community members disagree it’s also valuable to have examples floating around like this where two people can disagree and mend fences, cheers to you both for keeping it civil and being able to come back to common ground

24 Likes

5k posts goes quick! Damn shame about the BB x A11. Seems kind of pointless for that person to test them now as B wont be making more of them or releasing them at all. Would be such a good one to preserve as it’s a part of Bodhi history. Sounds like an awesome strain. I’m sure it’s worth asking him about though. He’ll probably be cool with it since it’s so old. But better to ask him I guess…

16 Likes

I agree 100%. Be civil, talk it out, walk away friends. That’s the way things should be handled IMO.

39 Likes

The thread reached it’s 5000 post limit, and part 3 was generated automatically.

That’s 10,000 bodhi posts and counting.

Perfect timing-- part 2 lasted exactly 1 year!

Happy new year everyone,
let’s make 2023’s bodhi thread even better than the previous two.

Here comes bodhi!

30 Likes

Yay Bodhi part3!!! Here’s some pics of Artifact1 f2 #2 x Kashmir azad from big bad Bodhi himself!

59 Likes

@DougDawson ,
You were offered “ DJ Short Blueberry x Apollo F3 Genius Cut” by someone.

Another OG member found and bought 2 packs of DJ Blueberry x Apollo 11g from a reputable seedbank.
Gold label all printed and seeds in the green bag for freebie distribution. Seems that it WAS going to be released, however briefly.
So maybe this particular BB x A11g cross was no longer considered a “tester” by Bodhi.
Blueberry x A13 may be a different story.

23 Likes

He probably did release them as freebies then. He probably just didn’t make many of them because of the “cease and desist” from DJ and Bros Grimm, and just gave away the few he had. @DougDawson I’d 100% reconsider and find out what the packaging the guy has looks like. If it was actually a tester it would have hand written lineage on it like this pic. This is a pic of a pack that Bodhi donated to Shoe to auction off to help pay medical bills.

24 Likes

I’d say it’s worth checking further into it. Who knows till ya ask.

6 Likes

dfg345tf43453245

32 Likes

These are looking beautiful!

3 Likes

I messaged him asking for a pic of the pack. As I say, I know nothing about these, only that they were offered up. I will post the pic if the guy gets back to me with one. I just have no interest in swimming in murky water really. If there is any real concern over a run it’s best to move on to something else IMO. While there is no law against doing whatever we want with seeds we acquire I do feel a moral obligation not to step on the breeders toes so to speak. I will let you all know what he comes back with.

21 Likes

No murky waters here. I think @zephyr jumped the gun a little and almost scared off a potentially great preservation. Breedbay isn’t the be all end all of Bodhi info anymore. Shoe at Headie Gardens is friends with Bodhi, and if he says it’s good to go then I trust his word.

19 Likes

Jesus Christ. Well, here’s to Pt.3 :beers:

Jalalagods are going. I’d have to check which week it is, but it’s early. A few things I noticed:

• taller than expected (or at least, taller than the Pakistanis I recently finished); Vietnamese Dalat (left), random Jalalagod on the right

• bigger lower flowers despite being shaded

• longer pistils & bigger flower clusters than most

I never know if pics do it justice. Plus, this is probably all anecdotal…. But ey, whatever

39 Likes

For me the murky waters are my lack of knowledge on Bodhi strains bud. This is why I came to this thread to get info from those I felt would have the most knowledge on the subject. I will see what the guy sends back now that I have asked for a pic.

15 Likes

I was thinking that must be one hell of a loophole to not preserve that strain anyway. Everything about it screams preservation. So even if it IS in the handwritten bag, it should be good to go based on the pic @BudWhisperer found and what Shoe said

16 Likes

Baba.Kush is that Katsu cross I ran it had one female nice mellow smoke kush like with a hint of SSDD with a 49 day finish and male ran outdoor big day 7o day flower time. Bubba kush weed so I would think with a bigger hunt with F1 onto F2 more SSDD traits. My male did have those from what I experienced.

31 Likes

Very cool, thanks @MeowsTrapSeeds. Looks like I will be getting back to BMR after Blue Kush finishes. Things are starting to come together :slight_smile:

17 Likes

The thought of gorilla arm phenos of DJ’s BB is giving me happy thoughts lol

11 Likes