Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I’ve got more experience than I would ever admit with auction sniping in Forza 4 :rofl: It’s nothing to brag about, but I’m going to give this a go. It would be great if a bunch of us could collaborate. I take one vendor/seedbank, some one takes another, and so on, and then whoever (or several of us) gets a pack does a preservation run. It’s not a terrible idea, imho. I’m on a pretty tight budget, but feel like this might be worth it.

13 Likes

Kinda curious about the laughing lemon - not gonna lie :slight_smile:

7 Likes

A friend of mine brought me back some of that Jager that a buddy of his grows in Oregon a few years back and it really did smell just like Jager. I can’t remember what it tasted like, but I do remember really digging the high. I dunno if that’s what Bodhi used in that cross, though. Coulda just been a strain that they called Jager because, well, it smelled like Jager.

Funny, the last time I got a tester list from Bodhi, which was probably a year and a half ago or two years ago, there was a “Yeager” hybrid on there. I remember thinking,”Yeager? Like Chuck Yeager, the test pilot from the 50’s and 60’s? The dude from The Right Stuff?” haha! I’m certain I even googled “Yeager cannabis strain” and tried to find what it was, because I was so curious. I love that book (the movie’s pretty good, too). I guess Bodhi just misspelled it…

@Eudaemon If you miss out on those Mexican Death Sativas, Doc D has MDS crossed with his Dragon Energy (Dragonsoul x Headbanger). I just ordered three packs haha, along with three packs of his Colombian Gold x Dragons Energy. Should be arriving today, actually.

17 Likes

jager (or sometimes black jager) is a PNW hindu clone cut. It’s a major outdoor producer which harvests early and yields well. I would describe the smell as anise, citrus rind, and mint. It hits hard and kind of harsh, even in a vape. Very spicy flavor.

18 Likes

Yeah, anise for sure. And it seemed like a major producer, just because the friend of mine who brought it back from Oregon gave me a bunch. I was like,”Dude, this is way too much, I don’t need all this,” and he was like,”My buddy had a ton of it, gave me way more than I wanna smoke…” haha. And when I say “gave me,” I mean “giving it away.” That’s not some code for “sold me some,” haha!

13 Likes

Cut my first spirit train today- very seeded. This is the first of 7 open pollinated females I got from the pack. Full grow log here:

32 Likes

:flushed: Looks like you hit every single calyx, pregnant af! Should be a nice seed yield right there ^^

17 Likes

Sunshine 4 f2 #1 taken at 9 weeks. Nice stinky chemmy smell with some sweetness in the backend. Super frosty… This may be the frostiest of the bunch. Packs a nice. Very relaxing effect.

38 Likes

She looks so cold with all that frost :yum:

11 Likes

Ice cold! That is really gorgeous.

10 Likes

Friend and breeder Ras El grew out Lavender Jack (F2) and crossed it to his Super Silver Haze x The Cough (F1). I’m growing out a small number of those seeds now. If anyone has any advice for Lavender Jack, I’m all ears. Thanks.

(I am now searching for lavender and jack in this thread.)

8 Likes

Thanks much for your feedback! Appreciate knowing lavender terps is potentially linked to a “deeper” stone, while the sweeter phenos are more sobering, if I may. That Jack dominant expressions may also stimulate libido is also of note. Thank you kindly, Mestizo!

-dr. zinko

6 Likes

Thank you twistedinfinity! I appreciate your note taking, and letting us know that a sour lavender pheno with stretch correlated to easy-trimming, highly appealing, and commercially satisfactory results! I will keep an eye out indeed! Thank you =)

4 Likes

Thank you OleReynard and Grohio for confirming that the Lavender from Bodhi’s Lavender Jack came originally from Big Buddy in Canada! I’m growing a cross by Ras El of Lavender Jack (F2) and (Super Silver Haze x The Cough). Hoping to find a stretchy high yielding low-trimming Sour Lavender profile with a Jack growth habit. Hoping that’ll emerge from the Super Silver Haze and The Cough genetics, which I am still researching.

Still reading through this thread all the mentions of “lavender” in the search. Man there are a lot of good gems! Thank you everyone!

edit:

WeTokeChronic! Thank you for sharing your love for Lavender Jack and how good it smells! You grow some beautiful flowers man. I really appreciate you letting us know that it has a greasy feel (will guide me in hash plans). I actually have some “88 G13 Hashplant” seeds on the way, as a freebie actually; not sure what to expect, but excited to try them nonetheless.

Mestizo! Thank you for explaining your experience with the lavender leaning phenos, that they have an energetic high, followed by sleepy about an hour later. The Jack leaners (in terpenes) were more up, which correlates to reports of the sour lavender phenos being more “deep” or “early to mid evening vibes”. I love it! Will be hunting for a Jack grower and a Lavender smoker while hoping to dodge The Cough and Super Silver Haze genetics I’m so uncertain of. But I was assured it was fire, so I’m excited to see what it does! Mestizo, I have to message you about some seed trades! Then maybe you can see some Lavender Jack genetics run a bit more often in the future–I love sharing cuts with neighbours =) Love hearing more confirmation of purples in late flower! Thank you so much for the information–I’m so glad I have you guys as resources. Totally interested in this Lav Jack. Just like saying Lav Jack, is what it is, really.

Grohio! Its great knowing the taller ones which finished at 8 weeks with berry/lavender smells were also the best smelling plants you’ve ever grown! Second one to say so! I’m also a fan of taking things a little longer (ie. 10 days). Would love to see some purple or ruby red leaves or stems or nugs in those final days! Another great report of high yields! Bodhi’s Lavender Jack sure has impressed a bunch. Also good to know the Irish Springs will pass!

8 Likes

Cool dude. Glad you’re having fun with it. Saludos

2 Likes

Blue Sunshine…a liiiiiiittle overcooked :woman_facepalming:

Seeded lady to clean up
29 Likes

Awesome! nice faded buds, your seeds will be nice and ripe.

if this is freshly harvested, let those seeds dry with the buds before you put them in the sealed vial.

If you’ve done a lot of breeding, sorry to be redundant.
but better safe than soggy seeds.

9 Likes

Nods, it was just removed from the drying rack. Gonna let it get crunchy for a couple.days then clean it up. Just throwing the flower into the edibles pile. :v::peace_symbol::call_me_hand:

Edit : hahahaha, im a newb - all advice is welcome!

16 Likes

Heads up: GLO has some on the new Bodhi drop listed including

https://gandlapparel.com/product/mexican-death-sativa-bodhi-seeds/

along with a couple of the other limited quantity packs such as Jager Hashplant and Purple Mana.

Not certain if these are pre-orders or if they actually have them in stock.

edit: ah, well, the limited packs appear to be gone but some of the others in the drop are still available. A minute or two later …

Info for GLO:

edit: More back up on the site. 12:24PM EST

7 Likes

I’d be interested in running that if you have extras

2 Likes