Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

I should have been a little more clear. The strain pictured is one I call Wizardry. It was created using the SSDD Butter cut I got from B years ago.

12 Likes

Grats man on the big haul! You deserve it for giving b one of the two packs of 88g13hp you ever released (at least according to the story I heard). He found two legendary studs out of that pack - his discontinued deadly g stud used in early crosses, and his current 88g13hp dad that is producing some of his very best work across the board. Share and share alike, and return kindness with even more kindness! :slight_smile:

I’ve run and tested a bunch of bodhi stuff these last few years. Of his retail releases, much of it was brand new and never publicly run before. Here’s one of those from a couple years ago (full log on breedbay - sad it’s down :frowning: ):

bodhi’s Cobra Lips (Chem 3 x Appalachia)

Delicious overripe strawberry papaya smells of pheno #1 at harvest (60 days). This one had the most body of the 3 and was disorienting if you overindulged.

The strongest chem, pheno #2 at day 65 harvest, smelled of lemonade served in a brand new rubber tire. Very heady.

Third pheno I can’t find a pic of (prolly lost on breedbay) was totally tangelo rind smelling, real strong, and ended up having an effect that gave you laser focus but didn’t get you high in the traditional sense. It cut through any other buzz, and even the fog of hangovers, but didn’t get you high. I think it might have been a cbd producer, but I didn’t have the ability to get anything tested.

They grew a little slow for me, but not bad. Very uniform and productive for an F1. I’ve seen a lot of IG pics of this doing amazingly outdoors. A few late nanners after day 56 on the lower buds, but that’s normal for the original chems and their crosses.

The trichs are real. This was pheno #1 after a few weeks in jars. Prolly my favorite.

All really great daytime smoke - tropical fruit smells and rubber when growing, turning to very strong tropical fruit in jars, eventually smelling like overripe white pineapple down on the big island. Kinda had a sweet n sour dryer sheets flavor that a lot of chems have, but it wasn’t a bad thing. Another breedbay poster got his tested and it hit 28.7%. Pretty fucking good for a freebie, wouldn’t you say?

Glad I have a few F2 left…just retired all the old stash of this to turn into tincture for later use and found 10 more F2 when breaking it down. Even after more than 2 years in jars, it still had a real strong smell of sour, overripe fruit at the Hilo Farmer’s Market on the big island. Love that place and miss the kingdom of Hawai’i. I hope Madame Pele blesses Uncle Roberts and allows it to live on and survive more eruptions!

56 Likes

Awesome pics!! Thank you! I have Cobra Lips in veg at the moment, can’t wait for them grow up a little more
:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

First time I heard of that story brother :slight_smile: I have released hundreds and hundreds of packs of 88G13/HP from the diff. gens. I have worked on . Brother Mota Rebel and brother Bodhi and bro Trefarmer were the only breeders I gave the F1’s to so they could reproduce or work them all they wanted. Other gens. went to med peeps and growers who just needed beans to grow to play it forward as these were given to me years ago by an oldtimer when I first went indoor to make meds so been giving these away for several years. I definatly made the right choice on those three breeders to help continue the line and make the right crosses to get out to peeps and made this old pollen chucker real happy with that decision. Hopefully by spring the 88g13/HP/ Butterscotcch Hawiian (free leonard) that Swampy and I made several years back will be back also, workin wiith a very cool bro to bring these back .:wink: Those had some face numbing pheno’s in it so real excited about getting it back in growers hands again…ndnguy P.S. …Keep on rockin what your doing dewb , mad respect from this oldtimer for sure. Real glad I found the new OG for sure bringing back the great feelings tons of growers had on the old site for having a home to go to.:relaxed:

48 Likes

Real great info man. Seriously. :relieved: Thanks a bunch for settin me straight. I think the part I forgot to add was the beans only given out to a couple people were the F1 gen, but it’s good to know that there were 3 packs of those F1s and just who exactly had them. So much myth and lore in this hobby that it’s hard to know what actually happened and what didn’t.

Speaking of, if you don’t mind, there was an old story about that 88g13hp on BreedBay (I think it was) that claimed you freely handed out the F2 beans from that same cross, but you did so with a request that they not be propagated and sold as further generations, only given away or used in crosses. Is that right?

I ain’t trying to pry or stir the pot. Just trying to clear that up because my buddy @Torontoke and I both love bodhi’s work with his two 88g13hp males, and we wanted to find a good 88g13hp male to make a few chucks and maybe a legit cross or two with, and figured that the purest line was from somebody who we had read didn’t abide by your alleged request and is selling 88g13hp seeds of unknown (F3, F4, maybe F5) generation.

Didn’t know if we’d be stepping on any toes if using his gear, or maybe there was a better place to get a good representation of that male? We were going to pheno hunt a lot of bodhi’s work with your 88g13hp male and perhaps find the good male in an F2 or perhaps bx, but hadn’t really moved on it cuz of our uncertainty about that other guy’s stock and your feelings about it. I wouldn’t want to spread around something that broke the spirit of the request you made when sharing them.

Good vibes and good energy I’m cool with, and I’m cool with being realistic about this shit cuz ain’t nobody own the plant or any of its offspring, but we all gotta work to squash the negative energy in the world.

What do you think? Got any suggestions on where to find that 88g13hp stock to look for a male, and maybe some traits to look for when we do start working with it?

20 Likes

Hola nube
I heard the same story and
I abide by it when I give G13hp88
I always ask if its for resale eventually

if the story is tru or not with time having
past we can see that many people did
just like I did and that is why some still
have the g13hp88 in there fridge.

@N8tiveguy I still have some of the
bsh and G13hp88 x bsh you sent
me in my fridge

Bare

28 Likes

Sorry a few more days and
I’ll have pm permission.

Bare

14 Likes

I still have the grip you sent me @Barefrog prolly down to 20 beans or so left prolly, I did sent whip a few to try and find the burnt rubber male, but he didn’t find it in the small grip i sent him.,.

9 Likes

Respects and greetings from Colombia! It is truly amazing to have one of the forefathers here in this nice community, after having received so many blessings from your work.

Like brother @nube I would also be much interested in hearing some of the 888g13hp history from you. So much lore around, probably fitting for a legendary strain.

Peace!

13 Likes

I love how these silly stories start up and float around.

There are some perks to being ole ehh @n8tiveguy

I remember when Mr C had a bunch of those 88g13hp. Or was it two packs, I forget.
lol

10 Likes

I just didn’t want peeps to make money off the G13/HP beans themselves since it was a play it forward thing and gifted to me and I wanted it to be a free thing
I didn’t care about any crosses made or what peeps did with them sold or anything just wanted the G13/HP free for all . I believe Hazeman was the only one who made money off them after he got it from Mota Rebel to breed with but he sold the Ghash itself I think he was the only guy to do that so pretty much its worked out
and most peeps got them for free or gifted. Yeah I had claims that I was hoarding it lol but in truth I passed on tons of f2 and beyond just didn’t want it sold as it was free to me and should be free to all. And what work you do with it is yours to do whatever just wanted to keep the Ghash itself free as it should be. Should have some to pass around later this fall… ndnguy

60 Likes

Brother Bare was looking at your amazing list again and again lol but was amazed that you have some BSH as I lost contact with c–ray the maker
as he was going to send me another grip to remake the G13HP/BSH (free leonard) the first cross swampy and I made years back. Soooo brother I guess we have to talk again lol. I think I reread your list a dozen times since you sent it and still has my head spinning bro it brought back so many good memories of the great peeps we had around back then and how often we were gifted with such great things and the gear we worked on ourselves to gift everyone and all the great times they were brother. Hell I shut down myself
working anything or trading or gifting the last 5 years as was just discusted with the canna world for abit but in the last year I found a real great brother who is helping me come back and get those good feeliings back again about our wonderful plant we have so I guess this ole injun is back for awhile again, feels good again and real happy OG came back also some great peeps here for sure…ndn

44 Likes

Brother @Barefrog is quite the genetic historian and a great sharer of genetics , @n8tiveguy I am glad your friend talked you into coming back to the community there are some extraordinary people out there.
I just dropped some Ghoulia from Bf recently I am sure there will be some loud smells there

14 Likes

Hola Brother @lunchpale

That Ghoulia or Ghoolia is another neat @n8tiveguy
Creations I try to reproduce it but never got male
so I had to fall back on another male from @n8tiveguy
Killer Queen.

I hope I render Justice to that Creation

Bare

19 Likes

Greenhouse in forest in Australia. Crappy photos due to sunlight. Even though its winter its still warm enough to walk around in just shorts. Got 4 greenhouses out bush with 3 plants per greenhouse just in case rippers find them. I will be using every male and female for breeding and will be passing half the seeds on.this tent has
Sklylotus left
Gsc auto midlle
Joystick right
Plants still havnt shown sex yet but will have plenty of seeds ready by the beginning of auusie season

20 Likes

I was lucky enough to test and name bodhi’s Sakura (bubba [katsu cut] x wookie).

I suggested the name because it reminded me of the cherry (sakura) blossoms so popular in Japan.

Lots of great terps in this one, ranging from distinctly black cherry or grape to cheetos and smoked salmon.

Here’s my full strain evaluation and smoke report:

Whole growlog is on breedbay, if it ever comes back. http://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/bodhi-seeds/201365278-testers-bubba-katsu-x-wookie.html

Highlights on this delicious cross:

• Thanks to the fast wookie dad, some phenos could be taken at 7wks and were done, but taking them to 9 made them stinkier and much fatter. Outside, expect an early finish before rains or frost in most places.

• If you’re pheno hunting, look for purple phenos for sure.
    ** Best one is the sweet dank cherry that is extremely thick and not leafy or loose when taken in the 8-9wk range. This is a can’t miss pheno. @Torontoke just found one in the Sakura F2s I sent him. (These aren’t his pics.)

• Effects range from a great hybrid mix of energetic and head rush combined with really good body relaxation (but no sleepiness) from the purple phenos, to stoney and relaxed, then sleepy on the green phenos.

NOTES: Clones from this cross are slow to root. They do root, but it might take a few weeks. Also, it sometimes starts to autoflower if stressed. More light and N helps prevent this.

Sakura offers a very delicious smoke with good, potent effects on some phenos.

53 Likes

Amazing info brother and great pics again

8 Likes

Right on! Nice work bro

6 Likes

@Dirigrow Nice!! :+1:t3:

24 Likes

That Snow Lotus aka Goohead is an awesome cut he uses… Jade Dragon has it too in it and our pheno leans Snow/Goo

10 Likes