Bodhi Plant and seed guide (Part 1)

Bodhi’s Barefoot Doctor (CBD Blessings) is a cross of Harlequin x Sunshine Daydream. Posting this mini growlog & smoke report so it doesn’t get lost if another site goes down. Organic recycled soil under 600w of Cree 3590 COBs in a 4x4.

I started out popping 6 beans, but one didn’t sprout. Here they are at day 3 from sprout.

Day 10 looking vigorous compared to other sprouts of the same age.

Day 30. Upgraded to #1 pots around day 17. Still vigorous and the smell is heavenly - pink cotton candy, except for one that smells like a wet ashtray.

Day 37 right before moving into 17gal SIPs with #5 cloth pots.

Here they are 10 days after flip. From the left, BfDr 3 & 1 are in the back. I could only fit 4 plants in the tent, and wanted to run a couple Great Lakes Genetics freebies (dragboatjeffy’s Bad Dog Genetics GG4 x Longbottom Leaf), so BfDr #2 had to wait until next round.

Day 19 of flower, these two girls here turned out fairly stretchy, up into the lights and rigging. Most of the canopy ended up 2-8" from the COBs, which helped contribute some bleaching. These ladies were not happy with my soil going more alkaline and getting a little extra moist from the SIPs. That finicky side comes from the SSDD dad.

At the end of week 4, they’re smelling fantastic, like berry muffins. Until now they were beasting, but here they settled in a little and took another week to change much.

Here’s a garden shot right before lights on in the middle of week 6. Natural fade setting in all around, although a little accelerated for the Barefoot Doctors in the back.

Day 52. Faded but very stinky. Both are blueberry muffins & floral.

Day 56 and #3 turned out ultra frosty! Pale ghost.

No. 1 ain’t no slouch either. :wink:

Harvest day 60 for phenos #3 and #1. Despite not liking my environment much, they produced pretty well. These are big solid chunkers. Here’s a couple pics of #3 before the chop.

The next round, I ran the #2 pheno. She had the same finicky nature and was not happy with my soil or watering, but still produced a good harvest. Here she was at day 58, about a week before chop:

In the end, I wasn’t too excited with the smoke, but the yields were pretty decent. There’s a partial smoke report over at https://www.rollitup.org/t/bodhi-seeds.518143/page-1475#post-13270923. Wish BreedBay was up, as my whole updated smoke report is there with the results of the other lady I got. Here’s a summary.

The #3 pheno was the best producer and most frosty, a big beast of a plant that went hard the whole way, despite being unhappy. The pale ghost #3 was a yielder and a frost MONSTER.

They all were harvested smelling like fruity berry muffins, and developed a combination of tart raspberry, blueberry, and cheese scents in cure. All three are dense like styrofoam. They don’t really grind up well - they kinda powderize no matter what you do, so they’re better in a vape or whole nugs in a bowl than ground and rolled up.

Pheno 1: 95 grams. Less photogenic than #3, smaller buds, less frosty. Mostly hard popcorn to 1g nugs. Mostly blueberry lemony muffins in flower, it’s cured to a tart berry with fresh cheese, like a Ritz cracker with soft stinky cheese and tart berry jam spread on top. Has some foot funk in the finish.

Pheno 2: 117 grams Decent nugs, resilient plant. This one turned out more tart raspberry than anything else. Very delicious flavor after a couple months in jars. Very tart raspberry. She had the most relaxed effects out of the 3, but extremely mild effects, so it might have had some CBD in it.

Pheno 3: 125 grams. Very pale, but frosty as anything I’ve seen. Larger nugs than #1, very dense. No larf. Very cheesy in the end - tastes like a sweet cheese with no hints of berry. Very smooth smoke – no coughing or harshness.

The effects are where this one falls. It was not at all what I was expecting. Phenos #1 and #3 caused a rush of severe chest tightness and shortness of breath immediately upon vaping. I’m not prone to anxiety about anything, ever, but these phenos make me feel bad physically. For me they’re not racy or heady at all, there are no forehead or back of the neck tingles. The only way I can describe it is uncomfortable body effects like you’re getting a painful bear hug and can’t breathe. They give my lady anxiety and chest pains. About 15-20min after enduring those really uncomfortable effects, sleepiness sets in, and then they’re narcoleptic. If you can manage to stay awake, or just take a short nap, you feel drugged and incoherent with chest heaviness for about half an hour to an hour. The #2 pheno has really mild relaxing effects, but none of them do much for headaches or body pain for me. I was not able to get it tested, so I don’t know if any of the 3 phenos actually had any decent amounts of CBD.

But, I want to add a disclaimer that other people DID like its effects, including people I shared the flower with and people who tried my F2. @torontoke grew out several of the F2 from these ladies and found them to be very heady, racy, but not super enjoyable, if I’m remembering correctly. Super frosty tho! Overall, not what I was expecting from a cbd blessings plant, especially one with SSDD as a parent, but that’s just how it goes sometime.

42 Likes

Awesome post brother thanks !!!

4 Likes

Amazing. Excellence in growing, results, AND reporting–no BS! :clap: :thumbsup:

I think a lot of “veteran” Cannabis users are still familiarizing & experimenting with high-CBDs & blending to best meet the individuals need.

(I’m very eager to try out my 2-1 CBD/THC hybrid in a few weeks)

Thanks again. :slight_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I’d like to get my hands on a pack of Dream Beaver or Hippy Slayer. Pretty much the top of my list.

9 Likes

I’ve got a pack of Dirty Hashplant (Dirty Hippy x 88G13hp) I need to get moving on soon. The Dirty Hippy crosses are hard to pry out of people’s hands. Good luck with the hunt.

17 Likes

That sounds tasty. Good luck.

4 Likes

I tested the Herer Hashplant (vintage Jack Herer x 88g13hp) for bodhi last year. Here’s a summary of my very positive tester experience with the strain.

I’d say phenos range from mostly sativa to good hybrids to mostly indica. Good variety! They were pretty easy to grow. Reasonably vigorous, and great side branching for the most part. They vegged for 57 days from seed sprout, and were between 12-15" when flipped. They stretched about 100% on average, so they basically doubled in size.

I ended up with 5 females out of the 8 that made it to flower. #1, 4, 6, 7 and 8 from the above pic were female. Due to plant counts, I couldn’t run them all at once, so I ran 1, 4 and 6 first, then the last two later. They all went 9 weeks, but a couple prolly could have been taken down at 8. They were flowered under 400w of 3500k Cree CXB3590 COBs @ 1400ma in a 4x4 tent. They were in #5 pots about halfway filled with recycled organic living soil, so they had around 2 - 2.5 gallons of soil each. With so little soil, they ended up starting their natural organic fade in week 7.

I let the first 3 go untopped to see how much the JH influenced them. I had one strong Jack Herer leaner, several awesome but unique hybrids, and one HP leaner that still showed a little JH influence. Here’s some flower shots of the three from the first run. Left to right - 1, 4, 6 - with #1 being the JH leaner, 4’s a great hybrid, and 6 is the HP leaner.

These were the standouts from the pack.

Pheno #4 is one of the frostiest plants I’ve ever seen. The pure champagne mango smell of this was special. Zoom in on those trichs.

Pheno #6 had that beautiful black fade typical of bodhi’s 88g13hp-leaners and smelled ultra earthy.

Pheno #8 was quite the hybrid, golden and purple and frosty frosty frosty. She smelled really good too, blueberries and mint.

Here are the dry nug shots and a few smoke report notes, no filters or editing other than resizing, taken with a handheld LG G3 phone camera under natural skylight.

Pheno #1 sage and mint and sandalwood and musty cellar aromas, but tasted kinda like cat piss smells, with a hint of sweetness. Smooth smoke, heady, not especially strong. Gave away most of this one before getting a good feel for it. Big fluffy nugs that looked frostier in the pic than they were in person, but man were these great for rolling doobies!

Pheno #4 was some of the most potent weed I’ve ever smoked, mind warping & super motivating sativa, amazing caramelized mango dessert flavor and STRONG smell (people liken it to the Golden Goat smell) with a light undercurrent of onion and old school hash. Very smooth but definitely a lung expander. I called it the housewife pheno, not from a sexist perspective, but because smoking this immediately made me HAVE to do housework or start cleaning something. Really amazing effects, but don’t smoke after dark or you’ll be up all night chewing your tongue, polishing kitchen cabinet hardware like a methhead. While they look fluffy, these are actually pretty dense nugs, and just absolutely coated with resin - it looks like velcro. Literally trichs on top of trichs.

Pheno #6 smelled amazing in jars - sweet and floral, strong notes of Cascade hops. Smelled very much like Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. Her smoke was pretty medicinal for pain, but caused extreme Extreme EXTREME!!! munchies, and had a minty marshmallow flavor. This one makes me eat everything in the house, and then, when I run out of things to eat, I have this overwhelming urge to start making concoctions of nuts, sugar, herbs and spices…basically anything I can find in the kitchen cupboards. OM NOM NOM NOM NOM lol!! This is not a weight loss drug. Broncho-dialator. Opens up the lungs like an inhaler. Was good, but not great. I didn’t do her justice with the shit trim job. Smaller, shorter trichs than the others. I thought the nugs would be denser than they turned out. Was going to keep her, but then found better pain relief strains.

Pheno #7 had a weaker mango smell than #4, with an obvious onion up front. She tasted like green apples and mango with a hint of hash, and had immediately upbeat yet short-lived effects, but was not standout in any particular way. Made me feel like I couldn’t walk and chew bubblegum at the same time. She was very heavy on the lungs. Least productive of the 5 females. Loose, smaller nugs.

Pheno #8 smelled of blueberry & mint in the jar, but took a couple months to develop the flavor to match. She with great hybrid effects, starting with a body buzz like a mellow cup of coffee, then giving way to fidgety energy without the jitters. She was potent and productive enough to be a keeper. Her nugs were ultra frosty and sticky, solid and weighty - she’s a real crowd pleaser.

I reran #4 a couple of times, was gonna keep it and #8, but then life got in the way and I lost them. But I should note that they all cloned well and performed the same during subsequent runs inside and outdoors, even with different soil mixes. I never heard back about my test report after submitting it, but the cross was released so I’ll hang my hat on that. Herer HP was 100% completely rock solid, hardy, and sexually stable, like most of bodhi’s 88g13hp crosses. That male is a true keeper!

Also, I made F2 from the first run of 3 to revisit if it didn’t get released. I saved some of that pollen and called it the Jumping Jack Hashplant (jjhp) in homage to its upbeat effects. When the cross was released as Herer HP, I gave away all the F2 to friends from this thread and elsewhere. @torontoke ran a few of them, noted in his journal at RIU, and found some heady JH leaners I think. Sad to say, I tried to make more F2 on subsequent clone runs, but my pollen was no longer viable, so the second F2 run didn’t pan out. I plan to buy another pack in the future to revisit. Herer HP was that good.

Again, I just want to reiterate how much I wish BreedBay was back. It was nice to have a place to converse and share info openly with bodhi. If it ever comes back, here’s the link to this tester growlog: https://www.breedbay.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?201365597-Testers-Jack-Herer-x-88g13hp.

60 Likes

:clap: bravo :slight_smile:

(i’d bet this is what seprates good testers from rejects)

thanks for the excellent write up & harvest.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

9 Likes

Great job with the bodhi strains nube

5 Likes

Skylotus 12/12 from seed outdoors in the forest. Pollinated by uplift hells angels og x skylotus .have about 20 small dank Sinatra f2 seedlings outdoors .gave away about 30 or so dank Sinatra seedlings to growers and breeders here in australia. Will take the best ds male and cross it over the best 3 D’s to make f3s for the Aussie growing community. Big thanks to nube

20 Likes

…this is about where i expect to see a thrichome growing out the top of another trichome. :upside_down:

5 Likes

Bodhi TT NL 6 x Appy

51 Likes

BodhI Secret Chief

33 Likes

Bodhi Super Silver Yo Mama

38 Likes

Bodhi Snow Queen

42 Likes

I’m wondering where I can get my hands on some bodhi gear

8 Likes

I’m considering selling some of my Bodhi seeds stash. I’m a hoarder for life and keep flip flopping on what I should let go lol. PM me if you want to talk

17 Likes

just got a new set of testers, am I correct that ___ x ghash on a tester pack would mean the 88g13hp male? or does this refer to a different male from the same line? @nube

8 Likes

How many of the ttnl6 x appy femaes have you run? Are they all that frosty?
Thx

7 Likes

bodhi’s Chem Kesey Evaluation & Smoke Report

Chem Kesey is Chem 91 (Skunk VA) x 88g13hp.

Grow Environment

I didn’t grow this, but my buddy gave me a few details when he shared it. Ebb & flow running in a perpetual room under HLG Quantum Board LED lighting.​

Notes & Flowering Time

Keeper found in one pack of bodhi seeds. Cloned and typically harvested at day 68-70 of flowering. Could be taken at 63, but better with the extra week.​

Density & Bag Appeal

8/10 Density & bag appeal are on point, as you can see from the 3.5g nug above. It’s clear the grower has a pro drying process. The buds are sticky but not wet. A couple of days after opening the ziplock samplers the first time, they’ve reached the perfect consistency for my taste.

Very good trim job. The frost is obvious. It’s a little amber; looks like she went long, but the buds from this Goldilocks weed are not overly dense. She’s just right.

This stuff destroys grinders, hinting at what’s to come for me. (Samples equaling about 9 grams were compared.)​

Aroma Level & Description

8/10 Smell is pretty loud, an herb & flower garden combined with sweet citrus, with a back end of sea breeze and swamp gas. Has an undercurrent of pro greenhouse hydro smell. Clearly not moldy or anything close, but kinda smells like a high-humidity environment. I wouldn’t call it fuel, but it smells flammable, again like a swamp. (I sealed the nugs in a jar, then alternated sniffing a jar of organic whole coffee beans, then the jar of Chem Kesey.)​

Taster Ratings & Smoke Report

7/10 Taste is again very familiar, and pretty strong. First vape hit was delicious perfume & kinda chem dryer sheets, but more perfumed than anything else. Almost like a men’s cologne. 2nd hit is more of the same, but then a citrus top note appears with dirt / earth beneath. Definitely chem…that dryer sheet flavor is vaguely like bandaids smell. Not really strong, but there’s something to it.

Just like the smell, the flavor really has an undercurrent of how a pro greenhouse smells. Left a peppery, gassy, and sorta sweet mildew flavor in the mouth. That sounds gross but it’s not. Bowl had a savory, stinky, almost salty hash smell when cleaned out. (@Thor’s hammer I vaped @ 388F from Flowermate V5.0 Pro convection handheld vaporizer. 392 is where the compounds in cannabis start to become carcinogenic, or so I’ve read, so a few degrees below that seems good to me.)

9.5/10 Effects & potency are really spectacular. I never thought I’d say this, but I deducted half a point because it’s too potent for some people. (Actually had one lady complain about it from a few vape hits LOL.) The effects aren’t a creeper, because you notice the warmth in your face & head immediately, but do come on gradually over the first 30min. Then it’s a thrill ride for the next 30. Body feels electric like I drank a couple shots of espresso, but I’m disoriented, glued to the chair. I felt like Bobcat Goldthwait.

I thought my mind was pretty unaffected, then I realized I was holding my breath the last 30sec for no reason. LOL (This happened repeatedly.)

After the first hour of balls to the wall thrills, she chills out to merely very baked during the last hour or so, for a total duration of about 2hrs. (3 vape hits + 1 to cool down the chamber after it was off.)​

Medicinal Value

No pain relief at all, just ripped to the gills.​

Overall Impression

I thought I’d wait before posting this, give it some thought, let the Chem Kesey sink in while also sampling the other varieties in my care package. I didn’t need to.

Chem Kesey is intense weed, up front and in your face from the word Go, but what would you expect from a strain named in honor of the legendary countercultural author, psychedelic guru, and weed activist? (Not to mention her epic pedigree.)

Her unique bouquet smells and tastes like dead tour. We got a lot of weed like this in Oregon in the early/mid 90s, and on dead tour during the same period. Never knew what it was, just “kind bud” or “snow bud.” I wasn’t heavily connected like some.

Everything about it is strong. Smell. Flavor. Potency. Effects. Who knows if it would test high, but who fucking cares when it gets you this baked? I’d love to give her a shot in an organic soil environment. Not for novice smokers.​

Keeper?

Yes, absolutely. No hesitation. If this isn’t a keeper, I don’t know what is.​

36 Likes