Bodhi’s Good Medicine F2

UPDATE: We’ll friends it appears that we have our first casualty of this grow. I wanna say two days ago I popped the tent in the morning only to find poor little GM2 basically bent over on itself with its leaves in the dirt. I whipped up a little crutch and propped it up, even moved it around in the tent to get it a little closer to the heater, but it just didn’t seem to have the strength to survive, here’s how it’s looking as of this morning:

Feel like it’s safe to say that this one is lost. Of course I won’t pull it until the final bell tolls, but I think it’s safe to pour one out for #2s memory. I was contemplating popping another seed to replace, but honestly with my 2x2.5’ flower tent I’m probably better off with 4 than 5, so I think
I’m just gonna let it ride. The rest of the team is doing good, including the little runty #3 for the time being:

Hope everyone’s week has gone well, let’s go Friday. :v:t2::v:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

17 Likes

Sorrry for your loss

3 Likes

No biggie really, I remembered that I germed one more than I thought I could realistically fit in my flower tent expecting that one might meet an early demise so I guess you could say things are going according to plan? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I hope you get a good F/M ratio. :slight_smile: I tend to keep a fan gently blowing on my seedlings so there’s less chance the surface of the soil stays wet and induces stem rot. Also to keep them strong like bull! lol I water in fully when planting and then, once they sprout, I like to give them no water for a week or so since that’s the critical time.

15 Likes

thanks for the info! i turned the fan on yesterday, didn’t want to hit them too early and cause issues that way, my environment stays at a relatively low humidity too, so i didn’t want to drop it on them any further by using the fan until they had the chance to harden off a little bit. regarding the watering, i might have to look into your methods, im paranoid about overwatering seedlings so i force myself to water with a spray bottle until they throw out the first proper set of fans, likely keeps them under watered, but keeps me from going too hard, i should try your method of a thorough soaking and then letting a long dry-down period go. that’ll be an exercise in discipline for me for sure. im a fiddler when it comes to plants, so the smaller watering volumes allow me to check on them and “do something” without fucking things up (too bad, most of the time)

9 Likes

Wait…whats this madness :flushed:
Any more onfo on this please?? Dont even know what it is but I need it :grin:
Put together a tent room in the upstairs. Stupid hot up there so I have to keep the ac cranked for temps but this makes the room also run dry. Thinking I could use something like this.

5 Likes

check it out: https://www.dudegrows.com/grow-hack-diy-humidifier-bucket/ im thinking ill source everything through that hydro store he linked to, the fans are rated waterproof

4 Likes

my thought, however since im venting into a tent via one of the drawstring vents, is to use some kind of flexible corrugate tubing that can jus stay cinched into the vent opening and allow me to remove the bucket lid to refill when needed.

3 Likes

This’ll be a good one, I’m definitely watching. Just one thing, I’d plant at least two more seeds. If you figure a 50/50 M:F ration, that’d leave you with three females. And I haven’t even gotten 50/50 ratios in like three years. Sometimes, if I plant, like eighteen seeds total, maybe six seeds of one thing and four seeds of three other crosses, I might get three females from the six seeds, but I haven’t gotten nine females total from my “eighteen seed starts” that I do every run in years. I planted four Soars last year and all four turned out male. I dunno, just a thought…

6 Likes

Much appreciated. I can see this being a great tool for my grow. So tired of filling 2 small humidifiers thats still only 2 gallons combined. I just try to get the room right for the grow. Instead of exhausting into the tent I set it up to exhausting out. That way I don’t need to open the tent to maintain any appliances.

3 Likes

totally hear you, with the small space ive got and low plant counts for the state im in i have to work slower in smaller batches in general. but you raise a good point, and if #2 is a goner, then that leaves 2 more slots to fill my legal plant count. so fuck it, ill plantmoreseeds. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Give the people what they want right?? :v:t2::v:t2:

11 Likes

i hear you, i got so sick of refilling and emptying shit that i just bailed on the humidifier all together, that and the fact that i just kept eating up valuable tent space with every new appliance i had to stick in there. I ran into that design and immediately saw a way to humidify from outside in, and save some floor space, so its on the list to get it put together. Ive done alright without paying too much attention to proper VPD, my environment largely stays in a somewhat acceptable range, but if its within my grasp to get things closer to ideal ill go for it in due time.

7 Likes

Following along bud, glad I found your thread :v:

3 Likes

@DougDawson !!! Welcome man, I’m glad you found me too! I’m in like jail right now but I’ll make it rain in here when I’m in the clear. Thanks for stopping in bud!

3 Likes

Yeah, plant counts suck, but better to have to maybe toss a plant or two than end up with one female and running your light and everything else just for one plant. What’s the law where you live? Can you have like, six plants in veg and four in flower? Or is it, like,”You can have six plants total, doesn’t matter what stage of life it’s in,”? If you end up with too many females, flower a few out and keep the others in veg. Or take clones? I dunno haha.

5 Likes

6 total, but it’s alright, that number fits tightly in the space that I have, makes holding moms and doing new hunts an interesting logistical challenge though which is a bummer. But I get by, 6 plants legal is better than having to look over your shoulder all the time, and good enough to have a nice little headstash. So I’m just full tortoise over here, slow and steady 6 at a time.

5 Likes

UPDATE: hasn’t been too much interesting to share. The four seedlings have been rolling along pretty well, and I took @minitiger advice and germed two additional seeds to fill out my plant count and hopefully provide a better male to female ratio, time will tell. I’ve had fungus gnats trying to take up residence in the tent so I finally mulched the four seedlings that were tall enough with some rice hulls to provide a little bit of a barrier to the top layer of soil. Everything is still too young to hit with any IPM I think, so this is a bit of a stop gap measure until they’re hearty enough to withstand at least a spray with some Dr. Bronners peppermint soap. The two seeds I dropped most recently I’m happy to say have both popped up, the one I just replanted in GM2’s vacant cup, (I guess that makes it GM2 redux?) and then we have GM6, which I’m worried might need helmet head surgery in the near future. Always a daunting task, I’m gonna give it some time to see if it’ll shed its hat itself before I intervene. Couple pics of the whole deal, hope everyone is doing well out there :v:t2::v:t2::call_me_hand:t2::call_me_hand:t2:

16 Likes

Looking good. Buy this to completely eliminate the fungus gnats: https://nufarm.com/usturf/product/gnatrol-wdg/

nube turned me on to it about a year-and-a-half ago and I won’t grow without it. It’s organic. And honestly, for fungus gnats, you really don’t need to institute an IPM. Just water with that gnatrol a couple times, per the instructions, and they’ll be gone.

8 Likes

Sick! I actually remember him mentioning that in a post. I’m on it, thanks for the link

5 Likes