Bodhi Sun Ra F2 Tester Thread

I did an outdoor F2 project of Bodhi’s Sun Ra F1’s this spring, and am looking to have a few growers test them out, before I do a larger distribution. I’m looking for growers that will be able to plant the seeds within 30 days of receipt, and can post occassionally in this thread on their progress, and their overall results. What I’m really looking to find out, is do these seeds have any hermophradotic traits in them?

My F2 projects, featured one male, and two females that came out very, very similar in structure, smell/taste, and effect. The flavor and effect are so similar I do not think I would be able to tell the difference in a blind test.

Here are some photos of the plants:

The male at full maturity. I found him to be promising on one hand because he has trichs which is the first I’ve experienced growing out a male

The potential issue with this male, is that while he was resinous, he also through a few pistils. Not many, but they did show up on a few clusters.

The two females
Here are a few veg shots

Close to harvest time

Effects
Trying out the two plants, within a few weeks of harvested, vaporized, I think they are very similar. Very frosty bright green buds. Citrus and fuel smell and flavor. More gas than citrus. High is calming, and centering. Provides an internal warmth that makes one slower, but still clear overall. Has a mild physical body high. Overall: Really strong flavor, paired with calming, therapeutic effects.

That’s the information I’ve got regarding the parents, but I also have grown out a number of other Sun Ra females that I very much enjoyed. I grew one outdoor last summer, one indoor last winter, and I had a failed seed project that had very promising plants, that were taken down by powdery mildew. From all these grows, strong flavor, associated with citrus has been the main theme. 3/4 have been more indica dominant, whereas the outdoor one, was sativa dominant in effects. With some quick searching, there have been a lot of favorable reports about Sun Ra on OG, so I thought it would be an interesting f2 project.

Here is my smoke report from the outdoor Sun Ra

Grown: Outdoor

Bud Shots: at 63 days flowering

Smell and taste:
Bright citrus smell. Kind of like a freshly peeled grapefruit/orange slice for a cocktail. Flavor is very sour grapefruit, with a sweet, hint of grass, after taste. Very full bodied flavor.

Potency and effects:
I would give this a solid B+ when it comes to potency, not weak, not overwhelming. Actually a little stronger than I would have guessed with the SFV OG in the lineage. Only other cross I’ve grown with SFV OG, SFV OG x Bubba, had great effects but was very mild in potency. I would say the effects a true hybrid, slightly leaning more towards sativa dominant. Upfront it has a light body high, alertness, wandering mind, ready to go do things. Then, after it has reached it’s peak in terms of how high it’ll get me, it settles into a relaxing, settled calm place.

Overall:
Really nice flavor on this strain, probably it’s best feature in my opinion. Very full bodied, bright sour citrusy smoke that really coats the tongue. Definitely has a place in my strain drawer for going out, socializing, and being active. It’s not really that chill in terms of sitting on the couch, it can kind of make me a little antsy in that setting. This kind of MJ has not been my forte historically, I’ve been more of a couch lock kind of guy, but it really is a two for one, as once it reaches it’s peak, it becomes soothing, and can be comfortable lazing around. I’ve been smoking it after work, when I want to get some stuff done around the garden or the house, as it gives me a little kick of motivation, but then also helps me start the unwinding process as time passes. Overall, I think Sun Ra is great weed for people who need to get shit done , but still want to smoke, or those enjoy being physically active after they smoke. It seems ideal for outdoor activities, and enjoying strong terps!

@syzygy thank you for gifting me these seeds! Like I’ve said before, I’m really enjoying exploring different varieties of cannabis that I really haven’t had as much exposure to. These were my first Bodhi F1’s that I’ve grown, and they won’t be my last!

Here is the smoke report for the indoor pheno
Sun Ra (SFV OG x Wookie 15) Bodhi
Grown: Indoor
Bud Shots:
At 70 days flowering

Flash

No Flash

Smell and taste:
Smells like fresh cut grass or a brewery when it’s got that very yeasty smell going. Very unique smell, with very strong flavor. It has a tinny, chemical like taste up front, with a sour lemon aftertaste on the finish. Coats the mouth in full flavor. Really powerful terps on this one!

Potency and effects:
Soothing, calming, a little spacey, can get lost in your thoughts in a meandering stream kind of way. Has a very fast come up with indica hybrid like effects. Mild body high, feel it in the top of the head and the face, but overall mentally clear and can be functional or a space cadet depending on inclination. Has some day brightening, feel good effects to it, but it isn’t uplifting in the same context that the goji is.

Overall:
This strain has been in my daily rotation in the early evening. It’s got a really great flavor profile to it, with sour lemon aftertaste, and a very pleasurable warming, feel good high that depending on quantity smoked can range from being functional to spaced out in bliss. I really do prefer this pheno compared to the outdoor one I ran which was a lot more up in effects. I smoke that one to get going on chores, whereas this is truly relaxation weed. Really happy with how this one turned out, and think there are some gems to be found in those Sun Ra seeds!

Based on my reports, and current results with the outdoor, beat up, seed plants, I think these are worth a look, and with Bodhi announcing the retirmeent of the Wookie 15 male, I’m curious if others feel the same.

Now I know this has been a lot of background info on the project, and related grows, so let’s get onto the actual request. I am looking for volunteers to pop at minimum five seeds, within a month of receiving them, and to post occasional grow updates. I would like to ask that any volunteers have been a member of OG for 6 months. I’ve germ tested the seeds, and got an 80% germ within 48 hours. I will provide at minimum 15 seeds per participant.

Not sure how much interest there will be, given the male that threw pistils, so if anything, this post can serve to help people who are holding F1’s to pop them if they are into flavorful, functional, and calming smoke! Thanks for reading!

77 Likes

Great breakdown of Sun Ra man! Makes me want to try a wookie strain out again. Following along… for science! :test_tube::lab_coat:

12 Likes

What a great and detailed review. Also nice that you were able to pollinate the gassy smelling phenos. To me the gassy and cedar smelling phenos are the most appealing as opposed to lavender or fresh cut grass smelling ones. If I didn’t still have so many F1 packs left I’d be all over these. My experience with smell and effects was very similar to yours, one of my favorite summertime herbs for sure. Really interested to see what people find here!

13 Likes

Great reports @Greasy ! Thanks you for the detailed write ups!!

9 Likes

Nice writeup! I wish I had space at the moment, but will follow with interest.

7 Likes

Great report @Greasy they look great inside and out.

6 Likes

Good looking :writing_hand: up! :sunglasses::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Great write up, great photos, I have read so many Sun-Ra posts on here, might be time to dip my feet into all that buzz :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for the compiments guys! If anyone decides they want to try these out in the future. I’ve got about 1000 of them. Sooner or later I’ll test them myself, and can post the results here, but am busy with clones these days. Thanks for reading!

17 Likes

I’m super interested to see how they turn out, I have a sunra in flower on the start of week 8 now that looks pretty different from yours, mine has almost a lemon chemical smell, not sure how if it’ll stay the same or change. Definitely looking forward to it. Also have a male I’m about to put outside to flower and collect pollen. This is my sunra right here, not sure if it’s a keeper yet and probably guna go a full 9 weeks atleast

26 Likes

These plants are looking absolutely fire, and I would very much love to test these seeds for you! Sadly, I don’t believe I’ve been on here for over 6 months is there any way I could get around that rule? I would even do an interview for these seeds!

3 Likes

Can we all get a Zoom invite to the interview?

9 Likes

I have my next round already planned out, but I may hit you up in the future as those sound very interesting. Great write up!!

5 Likes

If you can pop them upon receipt I will send them. Happy to wait until you are ready. The reason behind the six months is to see some commitment to being an active member of the forum. It’s somewhat common here for new members to join, receive seeds, and never be heard from again. I see this is only your second post here, which can be seen as a red flag. On the other hand, I would like to welcome you here to the community so, if you are ready to grow them, let’s make that happen! You can pm me to talk more.

13 Likes

You mention that you had a male throwing pistils, I had a male F2 of Soul Mate doing the same.

I do think mine was down to a light leak however, but I wonder if there’s anything in the wookie genetics that lends to this trait.

Would be interesting to see if any other wookie crosses have this documented.

7 Likes

Im still trying to figure this out still, so I don’t know how to pm. Im very excited to have this opportunity thank you very much!

4 Likes

Some of the best smoke I’ve ever had. I posted on strainly it was the only pic of it on there. Are these available?

4 Likes

If you still need testers I can do a few indoor and a few outdoors. Fingers crossed that I’m not to late

5 Likes

it’s from 4-5 years ago

11 Likes

Yeah, they are!

Not sure what your outdoor climate is like, but I would recommend growing these indoor. They get fairly dense, spongey buds that are boytris magnets from what I’ve seen in the 3 I’ve grown outdoor. I’m in Southern California with high humidity though.

11 Likes