Bodhi Time Bandit and Goji

Thanks for sharing such a nice grow log ! Looking great over there. I am just receiving my Gnatrol and will be on the offensive this next run on those little gnat bastids too!

Plants are looking nice over there. I have a couple Goji’s that pulled through my little problem with fungus gnat young (worms, pre gnat stage) eating the tap roots as my babies were coming up. I am hoping for a male and female if the stars align as I think we could all probably use more Goji in our lives!

This is a late reply so im still 80 posts up, and will probably scroll down and get to see all the great fruits of your show.

Cheers

6 Likes

Dude, you will love that Gnatrol. So stoked nube told me about that. It WORKS. I think I had to do three waterings with it, spaced about eight days apart, can’t remember offhand if it was two or three. But man, it got rid of them permanently.

I will never grow without Gnatrol again… haha!

8 Likes

Excellent news~ Im mid chop on my little 1700 watt room, coming down at day 74, but im on board with using it from now on out too! Looks like the sticky traps at least got the majority of them this run as I am not seeing a bunch stuck to the leaves or bud at least, thankfully.

6 Likes

Yeah, traps used in conjunction with the Gnatrol should eliminate them. In the future, I’ll use both as a preventative. Changing the traps after each Gnatrol watering helped me get a better idea of how things were going/if things were getting better etc. But that shit definitely got rid of them. Just took a while. Way better than the whole nematodes/diatomaceous earth thing for sure.

7 Likes

a good greasey resinous plant will wipe them out, you know its good when catches bees, gnats and the occasional big bullfly.

10 Likes

Haha I totally get that look from her, like she’s over it. I’m sure she’s super smart, every boxer I’ve known has been cool.

Yeah, I’ve got a grow log going on over here, stop on by if ya want.

My Goji’s probably have two weeks or so, but I’ll definitely update ya when they come down :v:

4 Likes

Yeah, but I’d prefer it if I didn’t have to pick gnats outta my buds before I smoke them haha!

4 Likes

Thats the beauty of it, at picking time while drying they fall off.
Haha

5 Likes

This is the prettiest one of mine sorry my pic skills suck lol

16 Likes

Sweet! You got a much bigger cola than I did. Did you top yours? I topped three of them once and one of them, the #4, twice. It’s looking like the #4 is gonna yield the least. First time I’ve ever topped twice, probably won’t do it again, just because in veg, the #4 looked like it was gonna be the winner. I dunno if topping it twice had anything to do with that, but it definitely has the smallest nugs.

Looks like you’re growing hydro, too? Or am I mistaken? I see that hydro tray in the pic, that’s why I asked. If you are, maybe that has something to do with it. Either way, nice job.

9 Likes

Chopped the Gojis today, day 70. I was already planning on chopping today anyway, but after I opened the tent and saw the Goji #9:

I figured, yeah, chopping today is probably the best idea.

Closeups of the #9

And the Goji #3, also flopping all over the place (took a bunch of pics of this one):

Anyway, you get the idea… I probably could’ve done a way better job staking and tying. Adding more than one stake per plant would’ve been a start. But whatever. The #3 actually still has what I’m calling a “cocoa/chocolate” thing going on, although I don’t know if that’s entirely accurate. “Musty-sweet” might be closer, although it really does kind of remind me of cocoa powder. Or like the smell of an old-ass Hershey’s Kiss. You know like when they get so old that you open it up and it kind of disintegrates and gets all dusty and shit? Like that.

So, yeah, another grow in the books. Got the Gojis hanging in the shower right now and I broke down all of the Time Bandits and put them in paper bags. The Time Bandits are surprisingly un-stinky. I even did the old Siouxsie Test, which is where I put a bud up to my girl dog Siouxsie’s nose. Every time, almost without fail, she smells it for a second, then turns her head away and does a lip-smacking thing. But she did not do that with a Time Bandit #4 nug that I put under her nose today. She just smelled it and turned her head away. No lip-smack. Makes me kind of nervous haha… The lip-smacking thing is vital.

Spent the morning cleaning and scrubbing, sweeping, washing the carbon filter filter etc etc. I fucking love it when the tent looks like this:

Not empty, I mean. Just all clean and tidy and shit.

And the seedlings are doing their thing:

Planted eighteen seeds, but one of the California Cannons didn’t sprout. Whatever. Seventeen’s a good start. I like prime numbers haha…

20 Likes

Job well done @minitiger :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:
All the Gojis look delicious and that number 9 is a looker!
Cleanse and repeat! I’ll still be here!

7 Likes

Gorgeous nugs on those gojis. Nice grow for sure. I hope that siouxsie’s nose is proven wrong for your sake!

5 Likes

Yeah, I’m really digging the Gojis much more this time than the first time I grew them. Full disclosure, just so everybody knows what kind of an asshole I am: I’d offered my last two seeds of Goji to @stanknugzz77 last week. But after seeing them finish up all pretty like they did, I changed my mind and rescinded my offer. I just wanna make that public, so y’all know that I can be a dick sometimes.

Also just want to apologize to @stanknugzz77 publicly. I really am sorry about that. I feel pretty shitty.

This is now the second grow in a row where I’m reeeeealllyyyy regretting not taking cuts, so from here on out, I’m gonna do my best to take cuts. If I’d have done that with the Gojis this run, I coulda sent those seeds no problem…

10 Likes

Haha, the Gojis I’m certain she’ll smack her lips, it’s the Time Bandits I’m concerned with. I’m sure after a good cure, she’ll come around…

6 Likes

It should work on dogs, it already worked with a badger, and that was just a picture!!:joy:

6 Likes

Goji F1? If so hopefully you get a boy and girl. Then you can F2 it and send him a ton of seeds. Glad to see you owning up and accepting responsibility. That’s tough for a lot of us to do.

8 Likes

eh, no worries on the cuts, least you still have a couple seeds left and can likely get more, although maybe not F1’s… I’ve always been of the mindset to wait on cuts until I see a plant that speaks to me, even in veg. That one day I would grow a plant that I could look at and it would just hit me, SAVE THAT ONE! So I save that one. There’s definitely been a plant or two I kinda wished I had cloned after seeing how they turned out, but eh, there was so many other things in veg that told me no, don’t clone this, for a reason. And that’s why I didn’t clone, so it’s fine. That’s how I justify losing genetics :rofl:

Nice job on these though! They look dank af. Kinda sucks on the un-stinky time bandits but never a bad thing to not have to cover up smells if you need to travel with it ^^

10 Likes

Yeah, well, that’s the thing. I definitely cannot get Goji f1s anymore. I shoulda taken cuts of those for sure. I dunno where my head was at…

That’s always what I’m thinking, too, that a plant’ll speak to me. The Time Bandit #4 was actually speaking to me in veg, she just looked like a queen. Ended up being the smallest and lowest-yielding, although I think topping her twice had something to do with that. The #6 was the last one on my mind. Seriously, I’d be sitting on the couch, like,”Let’s see, there’s the #2… the #3… the #4… What’s the other one…?” Haha. And she ended up impressing me the most. We’ll see how each of them smoke.

I do not trust my judgment when it comes to plants in veg, picking males etc etc. It’s why I haven’t ever made any f2’s.

Honestly, most of the time, I’m just like,”I have more seeds, why take cuts?” I also wasn’t really set up for keeping mother plants around (although I am now :wink:). But for something that seems as impressive as these Gojis, that aren’t around anymore, I shoulda taken cuts. That’s actually the reason why, when I went on my seed-buying frenzy this summer, I bought a minimum of two packs of everything (except for the Hollyweed, only got one pack of those, kicking myself right now). I figure I can check out three or four or five seeds and then, if I like them, I don’t have to worry too much about it, because I’ve got a pack and a half, two and a half packs, etc.

And I’ve never grown anything from Bodhi that wasn’t a keeper. Seriously, if I’d have kept every “keeper” from Bodhi, I wouldn’t have planted any seeds in the last three or four years.

9 Likes

Yeah likely not gonna be able to get any more F1’s unless you get real lucky. There are quite a few f2’s/f3’s and such floating around though.

I hear ya on all that though. I had to set goals for what I want to keep or I’d be in the same boat you’re talking about. Have moms and clones and never popping any seeds., but there’s nothing wrong with that either if you have everything you want already. I want a nice day strain and a nice night strain, if i can bundle nerve/muscle pain relief in either of those or have a third plant that’s a thing too. And then I have a breeding project or two I want to do that should give me either one of those or something entirely different. So 90% of the seeds I’ve been buying are to get to those goals. Even if it’s a rare pack to use as trade fodder to get me the seeds I do need.

And whose to say you’re not a good judge of plants? Sure can grow em right :wink: I would think there’s tons of breeders/chuckers making worse choices every day of the week. And really if there’s a mistake, that’s just a learning experience. Think I’m going to always be making f2’s or crosses if I can, if only to save me having to buy more seeds later. If it turns out crap, well least it was free and can run something else now.

Believe Bodhi’s goal with seed selling is every single pack should have something special in it ^^
He talks about it on one of The Pot Cast episodes, like he’ll usually pop a pack or three before release and if he doesn’t find something great in each one, that line doesn’t get released regardless of how good it may be.

11 Likes