MidwestMover’s Madness

Thought I’d give you a pip @steve055 welcome to OG

5 Likes

That’s really cool!

I have a couple questions though.

I live in high heat, low humidity conditions. Will it still work. They said it would need above 50% and under 100. I don’t think we ever have over 50% humidity during sun light hours. Summers are 100 for three to four months.

5 Likes

A few of the snow lotus clones have some new growth on top. I also got some cuts off the SSDD cuts I gave my buddy. Really excited to get this back. I gave him cuts off two different ones but the good one had longer leaves and more serrated looking. This plant is a resin monster and has that blueberry, chem flavor. Really good terps and i have a branch still sticky when it’s been drying for three weeks.

18 Likes

Does anyone use masterblend fertilizer? It seems comparable to jacks and is available off amazon.

Also E.C. meter any recommendations for a cheap one under $20?

I also got a 7 way splitter for a SIL light to try it in veg. I’m using two 5k and 1 2700k.

How do you pop the covers on them or is it even necessary?

6 Likes

I haven’t tried masterblend yet but wish I had bought that instead of the Peters Professional Hydroponic Special (same as Jack’s). I grow in soil, so I’m always having to adjust the pH up to 6.4-6.6 because of the pH buffering in the hydroponic fertilizer mix.

If you grow in actual soil I think the masterblend would be preferable.
If you’re in hydro, Peter’s or Jack’s would help to keep your pH in the preferred hydro range.

EDIT: WOW. Thanks for the votes of confidence guys. “Like” votes from such a prestigious group of members is truly flattering… :blush:

It was just my hard-earned $0.02 USD.

8 Likes

Popping SIL covers.

Or (I haven’t tried this method):

3 Likes

End of week 5

16 Likes

Has anyone ever used their soil as a bulk substrate for mycology after a grow?

Thought I could grow cannabis, fungi and then worm food it to repeat the cycle.

2 Likes

I haven’t, but I think the soil would have to be sterilized first.

Could work with coco, too.

2 Likes

Ya I was gonna pressure cook it first. Use barley for the pf tek then move to bulk sub in a mono tub.

3 Likes

DBHP is done at 15 weeks. That last full moon pushed it to the finish and the morning dew added more trichs to the flower.

Left a top branch for science purposes.

21 Likes

Very cool. I’m looking forward to getting that one going. Let us know what you think in about 5 weeks or so… or, like me, I can tell you 3 times a week what a curing strain tastes like… heh.

5 Likes

I’m the same way, I always sample. Some stuff is good right after drying.

I have a tray of SSDD that’s been sitting for 4 weeks and it’s excellent. I just peel off the sugar leaves and smoke it.

I’ve never cured anything for more than a month. Now I can cure for a year.

What have you been smoking on that your enjoying lately?

You’ve probably got good hash making weather! I went skiing at Monarch as a kid. Is that your area?

4 Likes

Yagers at 6 weeks. I’m still disappointed in my showing of these.
They’re really nice plants for the abuse I put them through. I’m seeing some brown pistils so I’m sure some nanner pollen took hold.

16 Likes

Looking good bruv… hope you get some good smoke from those

3 Likes

Yeah bro.i feel your pain one of the hippie slayer testers went nanners on me… and I’m seeing where it sprinkled its load on a few spots on the other ladies…bummer

7 Likes

My top two this run are Purple Poison Cookies from Sam at Baked Beanz and next would be a cross from a friend of GG#4 x Sour Bubble. I’m smoking it now. That first fresh hit or two are something. PPC still beats them all.

Yeah, Monarch is probably the closest good ski hill. It’s still about 3-4 hours away because of geography and weather. A lot of the big ones are another hour away. We had a local one in our mountains but it closed a good while back. Snow isn’t as normal here as other places, at least some years. And, it’s not on the beaten path so it didn’t have the foot traffic. It’s a cool place and looks like a great hill. I think our city/county bought it recently to turn into a rec park, so not sure what they will do with it. It looks like it has a great vertical drop. It’s at Cuchara on Hwy. 12 west of Trinidad.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people raving about his purple poison cookies. I still have the marauder to run from him also. What’s the flavor like on the PPC?

I’d never had sour diesel or gorilla until this year.
My neighbor gave me some of his sour and a buddy had given me a gorilla clone to run. They’ve been two of my favorites along with ssdd and a bagseed royal cookies.

5 Likes

I need to get me a jar of SSDD going again. I loved that smoke.

PPC is sort of like a chemical cookie… I never had a good cookies but I get it in here. and the other flavor is a chem sort of, dank and just a really nice combo that seem to go together. It’s a little more complex than that and I struggle with terps. But, it’s just got a lot of good things going on with it.

Never had any SD either unless I did in the 80’s and it had no name attached to it. I have some sour crosses I recently got from Santero. He has one off crosses (some he keeps) and neat ideas for killer prices at Seedheaven. He goes by SAN. Looking forward to some sour crosses.

Pedro sent me a few Sour Bubble so I’m looking forward to that, too. That GG#4 x Sour Bubble yielded well and is crazy coated in trichomes.

10 Likes

Didn’t wanna move my thread to the indoor section, so I got my butt in gear and finished my outdoor dwc. 200w aquarium heater to keep it at 68. Gonna throw a couple of growhards stuff to check if it was light leak or not causing herm stuff.

8 Likes