MidwestMover’s Madness

That’s a lot to control. How do you prevent contamination from other pollen? I think I have auto herm crosses to everything I planted outside haha!

I wish I could f2 everything so I could always come back and have it in a seed form. That’s why I like this community because if I pop a whole pack I might be able to get another one from someone knowing it has what I enjoy.

2 Likes

Well, that’s the part I didn’t get figured out, lol… but, I’ll have lots of wacky f1s to play with and may find something nobody else will have.

I cut a few but one guy pollenated most of my early run. Then I started another group of about 6 strains or so and got a male and female on 5 of them. So, I was going to make some sloppy f2s to keep the strain.

I put all of those males in a bedroom, and eventually saved the pollen but something happened and I lost a couple. And, since the early male hit a lot of stuff, I didn’t want to try for f2s on many. I did try and pick a few that hadn’t been hit and dusted the ends of a few limbs and marked them with ribbon to know where I started. I won’t be attempting that again. I’d like to watch a few keep vegging. So, maybe I can set up a room. Just takes more money and more lights, heh.

You really can’t do anything serious without taking cuts so you can watch a group and then save what you want. That’s what I’ll have to commit to one day. Take female cuttings, test males for flower start and then reveg and/or take cuttings and then start it all over again but with the selected plants and then hit them with the selected male… just trying to work this out in my mind and sort of thinking out loud, heh…

I know one thing, I’m ready for a run with no seeds. Potency suffers once they start building seeds. I have one going now that will flip pretty soon. I have some saved pollen I may try and paint some buds, but that is sort of safe. You still need to separate it from the others when doing it. I learned that the hard way, too.

peace

4 Likes

Killed the last male. He did snap back up in 24 hours though.

10 Likes

Watered the snow lotus 1/4 tsp 5-12-15 fish hydroslate to 2 liter ro water. Also foliared the yager and snow lotus with some of the fish hydroslate. I’m going to try and feed a little more this round a see how big they get. Also need to put some stakes in three snow lotus.

I also took 4 cuts off each snow lotus. These are sticky on every stem rub.

The yager have two different phenos. One is bigger in stature and structure. There are three bigger ones two smaller and a runt.

4 Likes

Sounds great. I sexed all of my Snow Lotus x mystery moms by @Growhard and got 5 out of 5 females. So stoked. They look nice as well. peace

4 Likes

Dang that’s some good odds. I’m excited for these plants. They already have feel resinous on the stem rubs. Have a great day!

3 Likes

Royal cookies bagseed.

16 Likes

Sunshine Daydream. There’s 6 of them. My buddy has cuts of the sharp bladed one and I wish I would of kept the chunkier pheno also.

1st pic is chunky pheno, 2nd is getting eaten up and I super cropped it way to hard, 3,5,7 are the razor edged one.

Sorry for crappy selfies. Gotta get wife new phone to get mine fixed…just wanted some documentation of a successful outdoor grow.

20 Likes

I bucked the buds off the branches thenight before. Trimmed it up the next.
Big Nose Kate from Paintedfire420
Gorilla Glue clone from Saltyfries32

19 Likes

Growhards Snow lotus are the 4 bigger ones. Yager in the back. Stretch in progress.

I hate these selfie pics. They look like crap to me also.

13 Likes

Gorilla Glue from Saltyfries32

22 Likes

Big Nose Kate @paintedfire420

24 Likes

Very nice bro! This is the biggest Big Nose Kate I’ve seen :smiley: :clap:

7 Likes

Pulled a couple nugs off of the autos I attempted to pollinate and found no seeds… scratching head?
Pollinated sept 16.

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s more than enough time to mature. None hiding inside?

3 Likes

Ill pull another one but there’s not even pre me seeds so I’m not too hopeful. I was looking forward to having a bunch to look through and make some more.

3 Likes

Thanks to @Howard.Crane and @Sebring for the Apollo 11 beans.

6 Likes

Just got mine in the box. It’s one I’ve wanted, too, so it’s very cool.

5 Likes

I was looking it up and found it has lime and taste like gummy bears. This is gonna be a fun one.

My buddy from MO was telling me he was getting stuff from Cali that tasted like gummy bears.

It’s cool a lot of the flavors people are looking for today have already been made.

4 Likes

Not much going on in the room the stretch has been minimal because I topped them to close to flower. I’m kinda bummed with how I grew these out. There a week behind the snow lotus and they look like decent 2-3 ounce plants. These will be lucky for 20g a plant.
I’m not so much interested in yield I just wanted to grow some good plants.

3 Likes