Bodhi's Zap!

Picked these up when they were released, and after a bit of Googling I can’t seem to find anyone who has run them. Figured I’d check here and see if anyone had experience with them, or knew which Oaxacan and Thai were used and what the cross was. I’d assume the Vietnam is the Black, curious if Purple Thai was used, or his Zipolite, etc. Thanks! :call_me_hand:

Description from Bodhi:
THE FIRST OFFICIAL RELEASE OF MEDICINE MOUNTAIN SATIVA RESEARCH CENTER:

HAPPY, EUPHORIC, ELECTRIC, MINDFUL…THE FEEL GOOD SUNSHINE MIND OF COASTAL MEXICO MEETS THE ELECTRIC, PSYCHEDELIC, SKY DRAGONS OF ASIA…. HAZY, HERBAL, CITRIC, VANILLA, SPRITE, MANGO, CHUTNEY, POMEGRANATE. 10 – 14 WEEKS FROM CLONE…

FROM ZAPOTEC TO ZAPATISTA….

ZAP:

A : TO PROPEL SUDDENLY OR SPEEDILY

B : TO TRANSPORT INSTANTANEOUSLY

C: A BEAM OF ENERGY, AN ELECTRIC CURRENT, OR SUPERNATURAL POWER

LINEAGE: OAXACAN X VIETNAMESE X THAI

41 Likes

Sounds like quite the combination there.

3 Likes

I started five of them last October or November. One or maybe two didn’t sprout and the rest were males haha (big surprise). I posted some pics of them on, like, veg day 40 or 50 or 60 on the Bodhi thread, they were pretty cool-looking, super-bummed I didn’t get at least one female.

Somebody here was posting pics of their flowering Zaps on the Bodhi thread a while back, too, not sure if they had a full-on log, though. I can’t remember who it was that was posting them, but there’s pics of them on that thread.

When’re you starting them? Winkwinknudgeknudge…. Haha. If you log them and you remember, tag me, please.

19 Likes

Hey hermano, how have you been? Fell off back in June, got married and moved back to NYC. Just ordered the first tent, so starting a few off in a 4x4 this weekend, then adding a 4x8 in June and Hallelujah, the world will be right again.

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into those threads and of course, you would have ran them lol. I’ll definitely check your posts out and man if you want to run them again and make seed, I’ll send the pack yer way, just let me know :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Uh… What? Haha! Are you serious? After all those discussions we had last year, you got fucking MARRIED???

Hahaha, just kidding, dude. Congrats.

I guess… haha! No, seriously, congratulations. My mind is blowwwwwn…

I’ve actually still got two packs, minus those five seeds I planted a while back. I dunno if the Zap is something that I would wanna f2, if f2’ing was something that I even ever did. But maybe. It seems like you could end up with some really wild and out-of-control plants in the second generation, considering the genetics and all. But maybe I will.

You should plant those seeds, dude! The pics of the flowering plants that whoever it was posted on the Bodhi thread looked surprisingly manageable. And they weren’t even topped, either.

13 Likes

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: CONGRATS!!! :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Ha ha ha, damn it! Life is definitely strange… Glad to hear you’ve got more to play with and I may skip it this time around and look into f2s at some point. The Mextiza/Malawi x VB/A5T bastard I ran last year checked a likely similar box, and I’ve had more than enough of the VB’s sweet, hashy taste. Putting together candidates for this first NYC run, Devils Tit for mind wrecking, some strong Mexican for all day, some Colombian and some Thai sounds right so I’m scheming, let me know if you’ve got any suggestions:

14 Likes

Thank you senor Bee! :pray::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Yeah, sounds like a plan. The ‘68 AG and the BOEL Oaxacan are the two that caught my eye on that list. I guess those would both fall under the “strong Mexican for all day” category, though. Still… Those sound intriguing.

6 Likes

Yeah I have so many Oaxacans, but this one is the one that ripped my head off and gave me the visual colors, giggles and grin that I remember from my favorite Mexican in the early 90s. It’s the Oaxacan from Norstar which is called “Dwarf Oaxacan”, but it’s definitely an Afghani hybrid. The BOEL is pure and the two together make a perfect Oaxacan mind melter at 11-13 weeks. Seeds didn’t get time to mature when I tried hitting it last time, but I’ve got 3 packs to open pollinate this fall. Super happy and vigorous too, I’ve got it on my ig from like 3 years ago. I’ve got like 4 or 5 different packs of Snows AGs pure and only ran a male that smelled like body odor once. The crosses to Zipolite and C99 with it are killers though, so hopefully the yield isn’t too terrible on its own as it should be special stuff and I only see people running the Bodhi/MMS which is supposed to be weak :call_me_hand:

21 Likes

I should be clear: I’m speaking about the BOEL Oaxacan from AKBeanBrains: https://www.jbcseeds.com/product/ak-bean-brains-boel-oaxacan-x-dwarf-oaxacan/

9 Likes

The ‘Thai’ in Zap and T.V. is a thai pheno of Destroyer

4 Likes

Don’t know about Zap, but T.V.’s Thai is a pearl pheno ix of Destroyer.

4 Likes

Isnt Zap just Oaxacan x T.V.?

2 Likes

No, it’s Oaxacan x Vietnamese x Thai. That’s the way it’s written, too, so I don’t know if it’s Oaxacan x (Vietnamese x Thai) or (Oaxacan x Vietnamese) x Thai or what. Since it doesn’t really matter to me haha, I haven’t researched it to try to find out. The answer’s probably out there somewhere, though.

8 Likes

Yep, my money is on this.

Based on a friends grow i got to see up-close, be very careful with these. Stress em out and they turn into nanner machines. Dont get em root bound, light deficient, exposure to excessive light or overfeeding. If you find a stable thai or thai/viet leaner the efforts will be well worth it and you will be giddy. The oaxacan “leaners” were flat, boring demotivating, muddy effect. The viet leaners much sweeter and distinct from the thai leaner.

8 Likes

Sweet, thanks for the report, have a pack in the “vault”,
Was the line sexually stable for you?

2 Likes

Thanks
That makes me excited for these T.V. I have going

2 Likes

You say ‘No’ but then say you haven’t looked into it
:upside_down_face::crazy_face:

3 Likes

I’d love to watch your TV :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do you have a grow log for them? I have a pack, but want to see a grow first before I just jump into some potentially finicky ladies.

3 Likes