(complete) BOG Blue Kush preservation run grown under a Mars FC 8000 de

Kewl! I have the 3 part GH… Haven’t done coco in years-- time to switch back I think!

2 Likes

It’s all I grow in. I like that it’s basically a blank slate. This way I have no excuses, when it’s messed up it’s all on me :slight_smile: I will be starting some autos in soil this year. I only started playing with it last year. This way I can drop some plants in the ground at the cottage and harvest them before the cold weather hits.

6 Likes

Yeah, when you can run more water through the plant, you can feed more. You get your cake and eat it too. Feed steady diet or Up/Down all around. It’s a no-brainer.

3 Likes

Thanks hun!!Appreciate it!
Was going to go back to DWC… thinking coco might be a better option…or a couple of both… what the hell, right?

3 Likes

I’d stick them all in a single tub bottom feed by hand mixing a 5 gallon pail and either a small transfer pump or dump the pail by hand .

I feed large veg plants 15/17 at a time in a single flood table .

5 Likes

I am going to have to Plus +1 Crunch’s comment.

SIP’s and Octopots make watering very easy and quick.

All you have to do on SIP’s is fill / Top Off the H²O reservoir and done. This gives you all kinds of extra time to: inspect/ admire your plants growth, Pop more beans, Smoke a Bowl, build another SIP, Start a Worm Bin, Smoke another bowl/Roll one. You get the point…

And you now have a place to toss your kitchen scraps, Egg Shells, Used Coffee grounds, etc… rather than tossing them in the trash…

It is really “Super Easy”…

I do have one warning however, "Once you plant into SIP’s/Octo pots you will never go back to regular pots… Ok, Maybe that is not 100% true as I still have a bunch of plants in Pots. I only have plants in pots though because I don’t have enough SIP’s for them all… :wink:.

I would definitely encourage everyone to check out Crunch’s thread…

:rabbit: :hole: :arrow_down:
P.S. It’s worth it…

Overgrow the :world_map: :call_me_hand:

22 Likes

Dude! Your outdoor SIP garden is a thing of beauty!

5 Likes

Thank’s Brother!

Had to move the SIP’s Outdoor as I don’t have enough room indoor for them.

Hoping to get some Blue Kush in a SIP or two in the future

@DougDawson Once again you are killing it!:call_me_hand:

7 Likes

It’s like you know me. I really want a worm bin. I’m rocking a great compost setup but I’d like to up my game eventually to have a worm bin, possibly meal worms, and later to breed beneficial insects.

My concern with the SIP setup is algea growth from direct sunlight as well as blocking the plants light. Am i imaging problems?

I’ve been leaning towards a pump drip setup from a reservoir. My concern is with the synthetics I’d need drip pots to insure solids that weren’t mixed properly didn’t clog the lines.

Thanks for the replies guys.

4 Likes

Awesome job @DougDawson and thanks for sharing knowledge and the thorough documentation of the grow.

I get burned tips during flower every grow it seems and I haven’t been able to narrow down why. Depending on my work schedule and other life commitments my medium does sometimes dry out. Not to the point of dropping leaves but I can tell by the weight of the container they are dry dry.

So having them dry out can cause the burned tips?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I think it was more the medium drying out causing salt pockets or some other reaction to my nutes, not the drying itself.

1 Like

Burnt tips is from over feeding your plants. Dial down your nutrient regimen and you won’t have that problem occur!

7 Likes

Yup, that would the other reaction to my nutes I mentioned :rofl:

2 Likes

I am really in need of automating here too, my work schedule has changed and I am really pressed for time nowadays.

Lots of folks on here killing it with the octopots for sure, I may try those later on this year but for now I am going to work with what I have on hand for the most part. I have picked stuff up here and there so it will be a combo of different things.

Only thing I lack ordering is what I will do for drainage and that will be the flora flex platform drainage system.

So my plan:
1.2 gal drip kit
and
Platform drainage system

Tip burn is caused by a calcium deficiency disorder, but is influenced by a number of factors including climate and growth rate. Tip burn reflects the plant’s inability to move enough water and nutrients to the rapidly growing leaf tissues.

We would need to analyze all your environmental factors and correlate with your nutrient profiles to provide a correct solution. But it is only tip burn, nothing serious :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

So I have started shucking seeds. Got through 2/3rd of 1 plant. I figure I got 1700 decent seeds so far. Going to be a good harvest. Still got 1/3 of the first plant and then 6 more to deal with. So here are the Blue Kush beans so far :slight_smile:

81 Likes

I agree with this. I push the envelope with nutes all the way through in coco. I use good amounts of Cal Mag supplement and even amend again at bloom time with pure dolomitic calcitic garden lime. I seem to avoid tip burn.

3 Likes

Hell of a haul Doug, that’s putting in work and it shows!

@Oldjoints that is the first thing I tried….I dialed back overall strength, same thing.

@herojuana.tom calcium increase was my next experiment, I’ve got some micronized calcium to try next round.

I appreciate both of your thoughts on this.I am going to start my own journal so as not to clog up other folks threads.

3 Likes

Yep–I was right…
Seed jail!!!
bugs jail2

One HELL of a haul!

16 Likes

LOL, yeah, and going to be here a while.

11 Likes