Huckleberry Soda & East Coast Sour Soda IN - A Shed O' Tents

Gonna have to move the solo cup challenge girls into 5 x 5 or the new 2 x 2, BOG Babies are crowding them out!

4 Likes

Temp holding good. Maybe time to tempt fate and put the solo cup girls in there and see how they do. Running wjth 2 shelves of lights (80w total) and a 3 neck 75w grow light. Then I can spread the SBT out in the veg tent and work on adjusting the light in there just for them.

The ventilation right now is a vivosun 4" inline exhausting out the side between the 2x2 and the 2x4 with intake being passive. The top exhaust is accessible as an intake or I can remove the top shelf to give more use from the inside as exhaust. If I do that I can run an intake through the 2 x 4 to be right in front of the ac unit where the intake for the other two tents sit. Probably easier to go over somehow but I wanna go THROUGH!!!

6 Likes

Are you connecting only your drying tent And growing tent as passive intake yes? Or this is connected to 3 tents?

If it’s only 2 tent? I’d have the intake on the drying tent coming in at the top, exiting the bottom into the bottom of your grow tent and exiting the top of your grow tent to allow for maximum usage of the airflow.

3 Likes

@CADMAN I’ll put up diagram in a bit with available ports and see if we cant figure out best piping for the two tents.

Bad news about the led strips. I have no idea why they did this but the power switch is digital and when you shut power off to it via an external timer it doesnt turn back on automatically. You have to maually hit the switch. They have a built in timer with 3 pre programmed setting and I could leave it on 24/7 but I dont want to. And if power goes out even for a couple seconds and comes back on the lights wouldnt and would make a bad situation worse. No bueno.

Messaged the seller who may or may not know jack about the light, and confirmed it was the case and didnt give me a way to get around it. The lights go into the controller via a barrel jack connector and I probably even have a power supply that would work for it and could by pass their controller but then I lose dimming, which was one reason I chose these.

Cancelled the set that was on the way and running late and set up return on 1st set. Getting 3 of these instead.

After discounts on the lighting options the panels are a couple bucks cheaper overall than 2 sets of 8 bars.

I am going to remove the highest shelf and move the top remaining shelf as high as I can and fit the exhaust fan. This will make one larger veg, one seedling, and one cloner shelf.

If I wanna really veg something out seriously in top veg chamber and this doest cut it, it probably would, can always upgrade top light to this

But that seems over kill. Doesnt mean i dont want it. $59.99 is the real price. Its so tiny and cute!!!

Can always move the exhaust fan external and get some more inches to justify it . . .

1 Like

That sucks…

I’ve been using " Kasa" brand Smart WiFi enabled 3 socket Power strip from Amazon

for close to 8 ish months and if it ever dies, I’ll buy it again in 30seconds. It’s so dammm good… no issues. https://www.amazon.com/Kasa-Smart-Protector-Required-KP303/dp/B083JKSSR5/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=A10HSBM4VSUF&dchild=1&keywords=kasa+smart+switch+power+strip&qid=1631114212&sprefix=kasa+smart+switch+power&sr=8-4

Not trying to change your mind on your light, but for the same base price you can get xs1000Cover 2.5x2.5ft Samsung LM301B Mean Well Drive led Grow Light QB Version Full Spectrum For Indoor Plant – ViparSpectra same light spectrum Consists of 660nm Red, 3000K, 5000K and IR 730nm… with dimming knob…

I know for sure these DO work with digital timmers without issues and will grow some plants too. Also looks like you can get some $$ off from a coupon on Amazon.com web page or use code viparCADBOY for 5% off atleast :wink:

Ends up being cheaper overall & and it’s got good reviews/experience from Growers.

2 Likes

This is the one I use.

1 Like

So your light timmer usually does play nice with digital lighting? Just not the ones you got at this moment?

1 Like

Yeah, all the “real” lights are fine. Just the junky ones with their own built in timers wired right into the power cable wont turn back on once turned off by the external timer. Though my sample size is se3000 an se7000 and these.

1 Like

Changed up some camera stuff. The cam in the 2x4 was just sitting on a box since I didnt need the space but now moved it to a tent pole to let them spread out again.

The 5x5 Im still looking for a good spot for. Prolly not one for full coverage at just 1080p. Need 2 closer or a 4k one if I wanna . . .

1 Like

Most stuff in the shed finally. Time to get organized.

Now just need to label all the cords.

1 Like

@CADMAN hope this makes sense. This is what im gonna try, barring suggestions. 6" ac infinity knock off powering it.

1 Like

That will work for sure, but where is the fresh are coming from and the old going to? Looks like a re-curlating airflow.

1 Like

It is for the most part. The shed isnt sealed up too tight qnd does have minor leaks here and there so passive air exhange is good. If I could seal it up tighetr I would probably cut an exhaust to the outside world.

The air exhausts towards the front of the shed, where there are the most leaks due to the sliding door, while the ac is in the back. So at least it is exhausting as far away from the intake/cold area as possible.

The idea is to have the ac try to chill the whole room but have the intakes for the 5x5 and now the 2x4+2x2 just chilling in front of it. For whatever effect beyond placebo it causes, and because the shed is semi sealed, I have a co2 bucket in each tent.

1 Like

So pretty. All the Sour BluTooth look pretty close to clones for seeds. There are two groups with slight variation in stature that may be boys versus girls, but other than that they are spitting image of each other.

Once I get the solo cups out of here and into the 2x2 ill crank up the lights a bit and see how they handle it. Got 2 x SE3000s in there so what they can handle should be the limiting factor. Ill play around with the Par meter app later and see what it says.

8 Likes

Just caught up, real nice setup.
Going to pull up a seat if you dont mind.

2 Likes

As soon as dark cycle is over Im gonna put these babies in the 2x2.

60w ones, manufacturer reported actual max draw, are nice and thin. Easily tuck up under the shelf just as good as the led strips. They are fully coated/sealed for waterproofing. The baby led bar (BLB) came completely assembled and, annoyingly, preset to max brightness when I plugged it in. And yes, all of these come back on fine after power loss/timer cut off/on.

All are dimmable. 60w will be perma mounted on underside of shelf above and the BLB will be hung from the top normally.

$57 total for the 2x 60w flat panels and $59.99 for the 150w (again, suspect self reported by manufacturer) BLB.

Time to work on the cloner.

6 Likes

I’m sure you air movement is gonna work just fine. Nice fat leaves on your BOG plants man ,)
You making any seeds from 1 of them at all?

Cool lights too, are they going on that shelfing rack?

Have you had any issues with Temps in the winter?

Are you getting negative air pressure on the whole shed? That would be helpful for you with air exchange :grinning:

Man, I missed this thread. Picking a spot in the corner to watch :wink:

3 Likes

Seedling/clone cabinet is up and running! Sucks in good with the one fan doing both veg tents.

And some training on the SBT now that theyll have the chance to bush out a bit. Aim them giant fan leaves toward the sky! Raised the lights in their tent but went from 60-80%

18 Likes