SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

holy, that thing is taking over man!

1 Like

These are the only way I can. It doesn’t hurt them going back and forth or even tent to tent. I had some go 6/18, 12/12 & 6/18.

2 Likes

thanks hopefully the Killer Glue and the Ethos turn out nice (and i dont fck it)

im thinking to take some clones and then just leave this one scrogged. we’ll see.

I dont think ill do autos after this again, just this last batch, and then have one veg room for two photoperiod flowering rooms. but it all depends how this run goes.

3 Likes

Not a bad idea. That one looks like it would fill out nicely under scrog

1 Like

the killer glue skipped a fan leaf/branch altogether. for a moment i though i might have yanked it accidentaly, but there are no branches on the floor, and there doesnt seem to be any damage.

just a branch/fan leaf that didnt grow? anybody knows anything about this (mutation?)?

5 Likes

Alright.

There was no plan for the big plant, It just happened. so no topping or shaping was made.Thus… I placed into SCROG and lets see how that goes.

As for the last autos and the APEX, Killer Glue and other GG4s, they have been separated now, and the Lilac Diesel will join the autos in the veg room soon. (pics were before watering so they were a bit droopy)

10 Likes

So the SCROG has been flipped today. (on the right)

Apex, Killer Glue and GG4 were flipped yesterday. (on the left)

And the Autos, are doing their thing… (in the middle)

8 Likes

Ok

The two flowering spaces are doing nicely. Ive tried to have a better control of VPD, humidity in the city has been a lil crazy lately.

• I McGyvered (actually McGruvered) some 4in duct to a room humidifier so I can control humidity without opening the tent - I’ll post pictures of that ugly contraption later.

• And I have finally soaked Lilac Diesel along with Future #1, Ghost Train Haze, and The New

As for the Veg space, the autos are doing OK. last run by this day they were getting covered in trichomes, this time they have none. im getting another light on monday to help them out, it seems 100w isnt enough

7 Likes

Controlling humidity here has been a b… but the V4 chilled pucks seem to outperform the other tents.

These are the Apex/Killer Glue under V2 growmau5/chilled pucks

The autos are doing their thing… today they will be joined by the ghost train haze, future 1, and lilac diesel. I added another light, the veg room has an atreum and viparspectra.

And… i need an automation system. i try to keep it stable but it isnt easy manually.

6 Likes

Technically this is the beginning of the perpetual. I placed 5 GTH, 5 Lilac Diesel and 2 Future #1 on Feb 14 at night. Four in total have sprouted, all Lilac Diesel. Same thing happened with Ethos Apex last time, apparently super viable seeds.

So four Lilac Diesel have joined the autos in the veg space.

Apex, Killer Glue and GG4 S1 are doing well.

11 Likes

Ditching the autos and running perpetual. This is my kind of spot right here :wink:. I grew one plant of the future #1. Was good smoke. Might drop an ethos cross with the lilac diesel soon. Definitely interested in your thoughts on those, in time of course.

3 Likes

which one?

i have done a lot of research on it, and some ppl swear by it, others say the new stuff is not potent enough. like everything. ill def let you know how it turns out. so far, they have sprouted before anything else.

2 Likes

Thug roze. Freebie with a recent order.

2 Likes

I really like the aesthetic of the fan leaf dominance in late veg/early flower

10 Likes

10 Likes

WHERE DID THE TRICHOMES GO?

the last time I ran these same autos, they were FILLED with triches… funny thing is, last time they had a bit of a nitrogen toxicity and some calcium issues. Now, ive had no deficiencies or toxicities (i adjusted), but they do not look as trichome filled as last time… Im thinking of inducing a fckn nitrogen toxicity on purpose next time to see whats up. (not really, but dont know what went different)

Comparison of last run vs this run at the same stage.

Lilac Diesel and GTH growing. Future 1 runt in the bottom.

Apex, Gorilla Glue, and Killer Glue

13 Likes

Well, the feed is devoid of sulfur and you have softish water compared to Dr. B. You might be low of P too, since Dr. B updated that mix to have 50ppm P for many weeks before flower. Your Cu target of 1 PPM is 10x high but I doubt you were actually tuning your feed with that elemental list. Just ideas.

1 Like

hey @LD50 , thanks for your comments. It was my understanding that Gypsum has the sulfur (with calcium) I needed, plus tap. I use Phosphoric Acid as well for P (I was aware of the update). and my Cu is just what is contained in the Peters Lite Special, which is to 0.025%.

I also have epsom salts for Magnesium and Sulfur, but i havent seen any deficiencies.

2 Likes

Good stuff! I’m new here btw, long time lurker. Anyways did you end up using pelletized gypsum in the media? I was surprised just how little gypsum he actually adds per unit. I might use some solution grade gypsum in the feed through the next run instead of relying on media for the S. Are you using any microbes or innoculants?

2 Likes

I use a fine powder gypsum mixed in the medium. last time i did add more than recommended now that i think about it.

some mycorrhizae in the medium, but nothing major. I wish I had Tribus, that stuff is nuts and nothing on the market like it, but its too expensive to order where I live.

glad to see you joined in! would be great to learn from your grow and compare the method (I assumed you are doing the same method)