Broken glass in bud - what to do? you decide!

I vacuum sealed a jar in a bag & it broke when coming out of the fridge; there’s too much glass to get it out manually, too fine a dust in some bits, and a jar of weed to try and rescue. all i have is bubble sieves.

:thinking: what would you do, Overgrow?

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

If you can’t spare it, wear gloves, and smoke it off a screen in a long windy bong.

Mark the container clearly.

4 Likes

Not gonna smoke it— sitting out on a plate in 25% RH for a couple days.

:grimacing:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Wew bud. Think this is one of those easier to tell somebody else what to do than actually pull the trigger. I would like to THINK I would take the L and walk away from it… however low key and one of those take to the grave stories, I’d probably sieve then scope it.

3 Likes

I’d probably make wee tinfoil wraps and hot knife them :grin:

4 Likes

Soak it in your favourite whiskey or rum then filter it through paper coffee filters… drink… enjoy. :cocktail:

18 Likes

I would definitely think of two possibilities with cereal alcohol extraction to make oil, or did isopropyl alcohol extraction (QWISO) to use in the dab.

Both processes have to filter here in Brazil we use a material called Silk Screen 44 yarn finds in screen printing shop, but can be coffee filter.

5 Likes

One word, tincture. :nerd_face:

11 Likes

Smoke it out of a bong glass will drop in water!

3 Likes

Ya soak in alcohol then filter is my vote. Leave the bottoms of the liquid in the soaking jar.

You could use a bong and hypothetically the water should trap the glass dust… I’d use something with alot of water and haul sloooowly though lol

2 Likes

Would it be safe to run through a press?
No glass would escape (pick out visible chunks)

2 Likes

Alcohol extract. Make hash oil from it. Soak it in alcohol and strain it through a coffee filter. Then waft off the alcohol in a double boiler on low heat. No glass that way. Also works for moldy weed. Safe & reliable. You can smoke the oil or make it into a skin cream with coconut oil and bees wax.

You can also pack it into a metal pipe and make BHO shatter with butane. Not my preference, but that is another option. A solvent extract is your best bet here to get rid of any glass.

5 Likes

I’d think it would be ok in a bubbler or a bong, glass would sink in the water!

2 Likes

I like this idea.
I make qwiso usually but i guess the cannabinoids would still go into the drink. And be felt. Would there be any need to decarboxylate first being as its not being burned. Not trying to be annoying i might try this on this couple year old jack in my freezer. Should i decarb trim first since it wont be smoking at end and if op was to do it should they decarb the bud first?

2 Likes

Yes you need to decarb it. Here is a link to my tincture thread. It should have all the info needed to do this.

4 Likes

Ok thanks. Got this old black label jack been freezing 2years think its a good candidate.

4 Likes

Cool, if you want to drink a shot or two, I would suggest about 7 grams of decarbed bud in a fifth of booze.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but dude, just trash the whole thing. It will be difficult and you’ll likely shed a tear or two, as we will for you, but l… I dont really know where I was going with that sentence.

4 Likes

i would blast some bho.

Bong. Glass could cut your filters, rolling joints could cut your fingers,