Brothers Grimm Apollo XX & Canuk Super Lemon Haze (fem)

Thanks Shadey. Yeah I actually forgot that I transplanted not that long ago. My other soil did get depleted around 50-60 days. But the soil in these 2 Gal fabric pots is still less than that. So I think I will just make sure to transplant again with fresh soil in the next week or two so that doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

Yeh 2 gals is not going to last long, without supplements , depending on how big they are going to grow. Are you feeding them anything other than water?

No not yet. I think I’ll need to transplant twice more to finish outside. The plan is to just use organic soil and water.

Also I will manually induce outdoor flower sometime in July (cover for twelve hours darkness/ bring into garage). That way they will definitely finish in time. I’m not concerned about the amount I yield I just want to finish completely and faster.

2 Likes

Day 59:

Eight and a half weeks already! I sure stunted the growth with all that over watering.

Transplanted into 5 gal fabric pots and outside now. But a i’ve been bringing them inside the last two nights due to low temps like 5 degrees celsius still. It’s been a cold may but looks like but end of the week I should be good to go out full time.

I am grateful have gotten these into a better soil mix that @ReikoX hooked me up with.

3 tbs kelp meal
3 tbs blood meal
6 tbs bone meal
6 tbs dolomite lime
11 cups worm castings
21 cups peat
16 cups perlite

So I made this x3 and filled the 5 gallons perfect for transplant having been in 2 gal fabric pots before.

Apollo XX 1:

Apollo XX 2:

I am guilty of smashing the new growth during transplant that’s why it’s all shrivelled here… transplanted our of those shitty 2 gal fabric pots basically ended up with me just cutting them offS you can ingabibe felt and roots like velcro. i think i’ll invest in higher quality fabric pots.

Super Lemon Haze:

Considering only the SLH is getting this defect I think it’s because I tried spraying epsom salt on it with too much in it. I did it once a while ago and probably shouldn’t have. New growth seems better though and now with the new soil I’m not worried.

Mighta had something to do with my shit original homemade soil too.

9 Likes

Good on you Buddy…They look nice.

Regards,

K.

4 Likes

Day 65:

They are outside full time now. Very good conditions today, thunder storm in the morning and then sunny and humid all day. Very windy though.The transplant into to this new soil is showing results.

As you can see the one Apollo actually got bent from all the wind. I was also suspecting that one may actually be a different phenotype, seems lanky/skinnier leaves. Thought it may just be all the mistakes I’ve made with overwatering ect. but we’ll see.

8 Likes

Looking good PJ…That wind is good for them…They have nice color.

K.

4 Likes

Day 71:

Apollo XX 1:

Not sure what’s up with some of those older fan leaves looking like rusty almost reddish blotches… Lankier than the other Apollo too.

Apollo XX 2:

It is much nicer looking then other Apollo.

Super Lemon Haze:

This one has really been the more vigourous from the start. I’m glad I topped and then topped again. Maybe it’ll get nice a bushy and huge.

9 Likes

Day 76:

I’m thinking there’s a problem with the Apollo XX 1. These brown spots are coming up on the older and middle leaves but not the new ones. It is also noticeably smaller and weaker than the other one.

I took two cuttings from Apollo XX 1 earlier on, probably too early. I’ve also pruned off some of the leaves over the last couple weeks because they were full of brown/red spots. I have literally done nothing to Apollo XX 2.

Apollo XX 1:

Apollo XX 2:

Super Lemon Haze:

4 Likes

Here’s the lower leaves from the sick plant. Really looks like Ca deficiency… I’m wondering if i didn’t mix my soil evenly enough and this pot didn’t get enough lime.

Between the rusty brown spots forming from the outside of the leaves, only on the bottom and middle growth, and the weaker stems from the other Apollo, this looks like a Calcium deficiency.

I’m going to try to fix this with 3 tbs of dolomite lime top dressing to let it work in over the next few waterings. Watering frequency is high in these 5 gal fabric pots too. If it’s hot out I can water daily and they dry right out in 24 hrs.

Apollo XX 1:

4 Likes

I would say it is a Calcium deficiency as well Mang… Are you using R/O water?

To fix it try adding liquid calcium, or you can also try a teaspoon of hydrated lime, dissolved in 4 liters of water.

I have also top dressed with dolomite lime as well, with success…Not much needed though, just a sprinkle.

Then there is what a lot of others might say, and that is get some Cal-Mag… Even though I have never used it, it should help?

K.

4 Likes

Hey thanks for the help Kobracom420. I have just been using hard city of Kitchener, Ontario tap is water… i don’t know anything about ro water or even other good practices to improve… that being said i’ve actually probably enjoyed at least 75% rain water since they been outside full time.

3 Likes

Next to underground spring water…That rain water is probably best.

Cheers Buddy.

K.

4 Likes

Day 84:

They all got a top dressing of dolomite lime. Probably a good 3-4 tbsp sprinkled on top. I’ve basically been watering the 5 gal fabric every day or skip a day when rain is coming… and we’ve been getting plenty of rain and, very windy too.

That Apollo 1 actually had a lower branch almost snap right off during the calcium deficiency and heavy wind. that branch is hanging on and still growing though. I’m not seeing any more signs of calcium deficiency on the newer and middle growth or recent new lower growth either so hopefully it’s behind us now. Now I know ill supplement extra lime in this mix after about 5-6 weeks…

Looking forward to a final transplant into 15 gal fabric pots soon. Just waiting for them to come in the mail and need to decide exactly what to do with the soil mix I won’t be affording that much worm castings off the shelf but I still have all my other amendments so I may just replace the organic matter with a cheaper compost.

Apollo XX 1:

Apollo XX 2:

Super Lemon Haze:

10 Likes

Making me jealous over here, hehe. I want to try out those new Bros. Grimm releases myself at some point.

2 Likes

well they are just collecting dust right now so i’d be more than happy to trade. Plus I’ve seen your recent FDM grows and you clearly know what you’re doin with that coco so I’d love to see this shit grown proper lol. i’m basically still on level 1 hoping for my first successful harvest.

1 Like

They look nice Pjay… I am really looking forward to seeing the XX bud out… Sounds like such a killer strain.
You are doing good Mang.

K.

1 Like

Well I am starting to see older leaves “rust up” on apollo 2 now as well. my super lemon haze is still just growing like crazy.

That being said i’ve done little to no pruning at all so far. 2 cuttings from each apollo, more pruning of rusty leaves from apollo 1, and 4 cuttings from slh.

So today i pruned all 3 plants of any big fan leaves that were blocking lower growth or showing calcium deficiency/oldest&lowest.

3 Likes

Day 99:

Been a while, still just vegging… I’ll get some better close up pictures soon. I plan to induce flowering early by covering these for a few hours a day very soon.

I continue to pluck older leaves as they show signs of calcium def. I’m now in a new, cheaper and inferior soil mix as well. pH reading about 7.

I also am seeing lots of heat stress as we get temps above 30* C right now regularly. I think i will put them in a shadier location and sacrifice hours of direct sunlight to maintain better temps.

Despite those issues they are growing decently… about 3 feel tall each, not including the pots.

Transplanted into 15 Gal fabric pots about 9 days ago. These are now in about 10 gallons of a new mixture (the remaining 5 being the soon to be depleted @ReikoX mix). Totally off the cuff based on keeping it cheap. I think perlite is basically unnecessary in fabric pots since they dry out so fast.

I just bought 4 bags of this MiracleGro Nature’s Care Organic garden soil. Then I added additional sphagnum peat moss, dolomite lime, kelp meal, bone meal, and a little blood meal. Also added almost 3 gallons to each pot of my neighbours composted chicken manure. I forget what ratios I used for the other amendments, something similar to the ReikoX mix, significantly less peat moss though since I ran out. So the pH is not as acidic as it should be but we’ve been getting lots of rain to help that situation, acidic rain in Southern Ontario

So I transplanted 5 gal of the old mix into new 15 gal fabric pots filled with 10 gals of MiracleGro Nature’s care Garden Soil, Chicken manure, Peat moss, kelp, bone, blood meal, dolomite lime. pH looking pretty close to 7…

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/nature-s-care-miracle-gro-organic-garden-soil-with-water-conserve/1001036145

These pics are taken in the morning before it got too hot and I pruned the bad lookin leaves the night before. I feel like ive been losing a lot of good leaves to heat stress and calcium deficiency… is that normal?

Apollo XX 1:

Apollo XX 2:

Super Lemon Haze:

9 Likes

Today I moved my plants to a location that is much more shadey. I can give them direct sun in the middle of my yard but it’s just too hot.

I’m not sure this was the right move but I’m just seeing the leaves curl up like crazy from heat stress so I figure I have to just sacrifice direct sunlight to get into a cooler location underneath a tree. I will leave them there and see if they seem happier.

I am still racking my brain for the easiest way to cover these for a few hours every day to minimize the light to 12 hours and induce flowering. I need to be a control freak and do this so I make sure I get the entire flowering cycle done before the rain and cold of the fall comes. I was talking to @MomOnTheRun about this… any ideas?

3 Likes