Brothers Grimm Genetics

It’s great to see that they’ve stayed true to proper technique. I’m still in the very beginnings, only a few years in, and from what ot looks like is exactly what you said. Multiple polys that can take the grower 30 plus beans to find the ticket. If I can find a personal keeper without popping more than 5-10 I’m game. Took very few to find a cinderella mom. I wanted to check out that hashmaster too. Saw they recently started fems which, I don’t necessarily agree with but to each their own and they do have their purpose. I just wouldn’t want anyone breeding with the fem gear. I’m afraid that’s the next equation to the problem we have, from what I understand fems are a huge no no in breeding or even just chucking for your own cross

2 Likes

Actually @farmerzooticals to my experience, I usually find 3 plus really hard to choose from females from 2packs.
Fem seed,… if you start to study your breeding on a chromosome level you can pay attention as to what is being left out with the y chromosome you can begin to rebuild the second x chromosome to match or pair through breeding trials… Excuse me if I’m not 100% I am in the process of learning more on the subject as I speak to breeders about the dark subject… Everyone seems to agree it’s not ideal, however dealing with a large population ( 1000’s) of open pollination s1 stock you can find mutants and oddities that align with the breeding program. I am sourcing responsible breeders for my study and Duke has taken time to help me understand some things to study what the process is. Because after all these years…

That man will not allow anything less than 100% pride in anything being released to the public. I can’t say that about nearly anyone in this industry. And on that alone after 20years carries some big weight… Because they remain the breeder’s breeder. However I would caution with fem seed breeding until there is more info on the methods. After all there is more than one way to prepare a gourmet meal.

5 Likes

I just want to say that I really like C-99, but I absolutely love Apollo-11.
Thank you Bros. Grimm!

8 Likes

Rosetta Stone (WW x Ginger Ale) Bros Grimm, F1 sort winner.
Darkheart Purple Cadillac on right, (Not Bro Grimm)

Picture at one of my clients garden. Grown by Mr JH.

Rosetta Stone is sooo stanky.

15 Likes

Princess 88, circa 1998

Cinderella 99, original 1999 release

Great structure, vigorous, fast, potent and tasty… Still a favorite.

-b420

39 Likes

I first grew out Bros Grimm A-11 around 2000 or '01, which I loved tremendously.

Subsequently('02), I purchased some knock-offs from Joey Weed and Reservoir Seeds.
Reservoir claimed to have A-11g4, derived from the Grimm Bros. A-11 “genius” pheno.
Joey’s was a faithful rendition of Grimm’s.

However, Reservoir really hit it out of the park with their A-11g4…fantastic stability of plants expressing the “genius” pheno of Grimm’s work. Truly outstanding plants!
One of my all time favorites!

Some pics:

22 Likes

So sick! I love seeing the old pics of apollo

Didnt get a chance to try any brother’s grimm seed stock before they went out of buisness, think they were either out or on there way out when i got into growing.

Did run a rez strain back in the day which had bg ice princess as one of the parents and rez dogs sour d as the other( princess diesel) and still say its one of the best plants I’ve ever grown.

Would love to try their c99, it was one of those strains i was gutted about when they went out of stock all those years ago.

2 Likes

You can!
http://brothersgrimmseeds.com/buy-our-seeds/

5 Likes

just ordered a pack of C99 as back then I wasn’t fast enough…
next grow will be cindy pheno hunt… :smiley:
D_S

7 Likes

Have fun man!! She’s stable as ever, soul did amazing work, so if you want to save beans for later don’t hesitate haha almost every pheno is a twin

1 Like

“Almost every pheno” hahaha what am I thinking there’s one pheno, maybe 2 cause one does look to have a slightly different hue

2 Likes

In fact, we must talk bout “genotipes” n not “fenotipes”… but I do it too…

3 Likes

I’m another in the crowd that missed out on Brothers Grimm the first time around, but Apollo 11 and Apollo 13 have always been on my wishlist. Decided to impulse buy some of the latter, despite my pretty big strain backlog XD Can’t imagine I’ll have pics to share until the fall (or later), but will make sure to share when I can.

5 Likes

a cpl packs of Apollo 13 just arrived to the local shop…still thinking 'bout getting 1 of those too…
peace
D_S

1 Like

hi @Baudelaire, from your now decennial experience with c99, how rare is the cherry pheno ? it is the pheno im hunting for and one of the reasons that always stopped me from getting f2 from the bay was that pineapple pheno was the one mostly used for breeding…
peace and always thanks for the strain base !
D_S

1 Like

When I hear about Cindy, I’ve got very good results with BushyOldGrower’s Sweet Cindy which is cross of my favourite Sweet Tooth #3 (Spice of Life) and Cinderella 99… This is almost 10 years ago.

Out of 10 (or 12 - I don’t recall for sure) seeds I’ve got three good mothers (the pack was pretty variable regarding phenos) and one of them was probably something that you refer to “cherry” pheno.

It was excellent sweet and fruity taste and smell. Very delicate. Really small sparse bud sites bud incredibly hard! Very few leaves, very indica dominant. Pleasure to smoke, probably unmatchable. I’ll try to find some pics…

3 Likes

Sweet Cindy

and close up

20 Likes

Who wouldn’t want some Cindy, but those beans are expensive, only Mosca has them for half the price and i dunno…

They look superb!

2 Likes

as a mother can give me countless clones that will save me the hassle of going from seed, trashing the runts etc, I do find the price for bros grim genetics adequate. nothing worst than trashing 3 months of grow on subpar genetics just to economize 50$ that, on the final balance are really 0…
just my 2 cents…
D_S

6 Likes