Brothers Grimm Genetics

how do you know this? don and aaron say cannalope haze is a mexican sativa crossed with haze.

Maybe the latest posts in The Dogs House (about Timanfaya Haze) give ya “una pista” of this…: It isent the same trip to Congo looking for landraces…than use an Timanfaya Haze from a charity “subasta” from an Spanish breeder in Old OG…
And I knows Mexican sativas as well as Haze as well as Chocolope as well as Cannalope…
Btw, ask them if the only “Mexican Sativa” they knows is in fact the Old Sensi Seeds one (Early Mexican X Durban Poison (the Holand one ) X Pakistan)…
“Las leyendas se venden mejor que las plantas”…

“Cannabussines” is plenty of ignorantes, liars n thiefs…
Like when Dutch Passion saids Strawberry Cought is “puré Holand DP strain” (is from USA in fact),or Desfran Is a puré South American Landrace (is Destroyer S1 Cannabiogen)…
Or when Barneys Farm sais its Acapulco Gold is original…
Or the “original” A.Gold of World of Seeds cames from Simón Bolívar…
Or Bhodi sell like “Zipolite Oaxacan” some seed “samebody present to my in Zipolite Beach…”
Or the Norstar " Oaxacan Gold X Colombian Gold" is “original as well as 25% indica, n its ready before a Jack Herer…”
Etc, etc, etc…

1 Like

Y quizá esa foto de “indica gorda” que admiráis en ciertos catálogos de bancos de semillas sea, de echo, la foto de una Sativa cultivada por el Tito MiG…
…O ciertas marcas de abonos cannabicos muestren mis fotos diciendo son cultivadas con sus productos…

Ya knows: “Free seeds for " free” pics…"

2 Likes

N btw, C99 comes from a Jack Herer Sensi geno “Fruity Skunky”…

2 Likes

Anyway, they might not have the beans bythetime the moeny gets there, so there’s no way i’m gonna do it like that. Rather wait a couple of months cos there’s something important to take care of before i actually build the lamp and buy beans and all… Keep you posted.

@MiG, oye mi compa, no puedo hacer nada ahorita, esta mujer mia esta loca, luego te hablo. Gracias.

Mosca has a very nice version of C-99!

I grew out one pack of Grimm’s original C-99 about 16 or 17 years ago. At the same time, I also grew out Grimm’s A-11.
Well, I preferred the A-11 over the Cindy back then, so I concentrated my growing efforts on A-11. I tried other breeders iterations of A-11 and was more than satisfied…
Many years later, happenstance determined that I lost my A-11…so I went after the similar genetics available in C-99.
Mosca’s C-99 BX is a very good representation of C-99, IMHO.

I have grown out two packs of Mosca’s C-99 BX. Thru laziness, I never exerted the effort needed to maintain a mother plant to provide me with a constant supply. So, I recently purchased a third pack so that I can choose and maintain availability of this very nice strain.
Here is my as yet un-popped third pack of C-99 BX…

ETA… first word in this post should be Mosca.
It shows up as fly…huh…whaaa?
should be
Fly, Mosca…fly? Huh?

10 Likes

There are 13 seeds in that bag! I thought Mosca only did 10-packs!

Hahaha…

Those extra 3 “seeds” are desiccant granules!

1 Like

What a jackass… HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I saw them once you told me. Did you put that there or it came like that?

1 Like

ETA… I neglected to mention that I have not grown out Grimm’s current version of C-99.
I have no way of knowing how Mosca’s BX compares.
However, I like the Mosca BX👍

I have also heard that the Bros Grimm version of Apollo 11 is, sadly, not as good as the original. :angry:

1 Like

They came like that!:blush:
I like dessicants😎

1 Like

Aww you’re killing me. Well, I’ll probably be giving it a shot after I try the new (and probably also not as good) Apollo 13. Will let you know how it is around Christmas, having no basis for comparison :santa:

3 Likes

So sorry. I do not wish to lower your expectations regarding A-13. I have never grown or smoked any version thereof.

Also, qualitative individual perceptions of strains are highly subjective. There is no single strain of ganja that EVERYONE loves above all others. Just as there is no single “greatest” cigar, or “greatest” Cabernet Sauvignon!
Individual tastes vary tremendously!

If you have never tried any Bros Grimm genetics, my hunch is that you will enjoy the tasty buds produced by the A-13.
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

I was tempted to get Mosca’s because of the price and i dunno, me; a first “time grower” after a 15 year Hiatus, i think it would be the best weed ever to be had so far in my life, I’m selling my Shoyoroll BJJ kimono collection in order to buy the materials for my COB Lamps, a 200w 4 cob for veg and a 600w 12 cob for flower; the tent and fans, ducting, ph meters and timers; well, you all know, so… Before i do anything i’m putting the money together…

If i can i will get Grimm’s if not, then Mosca’s…

I’m just fooling around, anyway :smile: Both the A-11 and A-13 are almost certainly going to be different than the originals, but if Brothers Grimm wants to maintain their more-or-less legendary reputation, they’ll probably be top-notch strains, even if not completely true to the originals.

3 Likes

Cherry pheno… Can’t say I’ve come across a cherry pheno. The overwhelming phenotype I’ve found growing Cindy is the “orange Tang” or “tutti-fruity bubblegum” pheno. Maybe my nose isn’t as refined as some to sort the distinctions, but the Cindy I’ve grown always had a strong sweet citrus smell and taste. Haven’t grown any F2s other than my own, maybe the cherry versions are more predominant in other breeders’ work.

The remarkable thing (in the current MJ seed breeding environment) about Cindy is it’s a worked line. Several generations of backcrossing and line breeding went into the final release. That work, over several years, simply isn’t done by 95% of the “breeders” selling seeds today.

Why should we care? Well, to start, the phenos will be highly uniform, much less hunting and many more keepers per seed pack. Which at least partially justifies the higher price - virtually every bean grows a quality plant. There are many other reasons I think Cindy’s a steal at $150 for 12 beans (which is the breeder’s pack) - taste, potency, quality of high (up, little couchlock), ease of growth and cloning, PM resistance, etc., that is why C99 is such a favorite parent for other breeders’ crosses.

If you are in a position to attend a cannabis festival or event that allows for seed sales, you can often pick up seeds at a discount. I’ve seen packs of C99 for $100 recently. But I agree that saving on seed is a fool’s errand. Buy the best genetics, always, and preserve the best individuals. After a couple of runs, you won’t even remember what you paid, only what you’ve earned…

And no I don’t work for Soul, hehe…

-b420

20 Likes

Here they are…
Gonna get the veg room clean and running soon…

D_S

22 Likes

WOOHOO! Congrats my man! That’s what i’m gonna get too, that and Gorilla Glue seeds!

2 Likes

The first plant I had was matanuska thunderfuck from br grimms. I still miss it and wish it was still around.

7 Likes