Cindy 1.

14 Likes

Here Cindy 2 @5weeks by Brothers Grimm

14 Likes

Update Cindy#1 at 6 weeks

12 Likes

Cindy#2 week 6

14 Likes

Nice work. Look forward to hearing your smoke report.

How does she smell?

2 Likes

1 smells like red now or later candy with a hint of cat piss. #2 smells sweet citrusy sheā€™s developing her sent now. #1 really looked and smelled way before #2. Iā€™d say shes gonna finish before her sister. So far Iā€™m liking these plants. Hope they taste good.

6 Likes

The original C99 tasted good and was better than a cup of coffee to get your day started,

6 Likes

Unfortunately didnā€™t get to try original c-99 but tried some out of Colorado bout 2 years ago that left me wanting to have her. Pineapple funk taste hope to find that flavor in this pack

5 Likes

The pineapple funk taste is what Princess/mom tastes like.

8 Likes

Day 15 new release Apollo 11.
Iā€™ll take better (lighted) pictures in a few days to get a better hue.

These are growing relatively uniformly, and are beasts! 2 gallon soil containers.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Was a new C99 male used to create the new A11?

Good to see you posting my friend.

4 Likes

Good to see you as well, Ray. :slight_smile:

According to their website: ā€œGenius ā€¦ *with A robust Cinderella 99 male to create Apollo Eleven.ā€
I assume itā€™s a new male. But I sent him a message asking anyway.

I do know he said the Rosetta Stone isnā€™t the original mix, and he implies itā€™s better, but thatā€™s subjective.

ā€œWe pollinated a very special Jack Herer female with an incredible male we discovered when we grew some P75 seeds that MrSoul had stashed away. He looks like a male version of our prized seed mother called Genius ā€“ his branching pattern is identical and his floral clusters are dense like female colas ā€“ just remarkable. This male has the quality of letting the femaleā€™s traits come through in their offspring which created the ultimate Rosetta Stone.ā€

Most of the new stuff seems to have come from gifted or returned stock along with seeds he stashed away long ago. Heā€™s making a lot of fem crosses, but while I may try a few down the line, I want to play around with his regular seed and see whatā€™s what.

A11 without all the yellow light @ 16 days, right before watering/feeding.

Iā€™ll be growing some of those out in the late summer/fall I think.

13 Likes

The structure of those plants do not look like any of A11 I ever had. It does remind me of some of the new C99 Iā€™ve seen on different forums.

Iā€™m beginning to realize more and more what an important part Sly played in the original BG.

9 Likes

They are indeed taller, less compact than I remember. But itā€™s been a while. Iā€™ll recognize the final product though, those buds were one of a kind.
I grew out the original C99 once, and while I canā€™t find the old documentation, this structure is closer to what I remember than that of the A11 for this grow, Iā€™d have to tentatively agree.
Also, none of these show any of the angled branching that was prevalent in the genius-leaning Apollo from days of old. (Again, to the best of my memory)

Too bad. Iā€™m really missing my genius-leaning stuff. And will always hold out hope to get a cut of genius one day. (I asked Mr. Soul about it in passing, not asking for the cut as that would be rude, and he was curt - as was to be expected - and basically hasnā€™t replied again. I didnā€™t get the testers of his G13xGenius either that were promisedā€¦so it goesā€¦)

And about Slyā€¦Iā€™m thinking I agree. He was before my time, but you werenā€™t, and weā€™ve talked long ago about this.
Soul is somewhat approachable now, but I have a feeling itā€™s more celebrity of name and working the canna-circuit. Donā€™t get me wrong, his knowledge is good, but thereā€™s something that just reminds me of the carnival-style youā€™d see in other less-than-serious bean makers from the past. I just hope that the genetics are decent enough even if different. Maybe itā€™s a bit of celebrity going to the head. And Iā€™m not into hero-worship. :smiley:

In any case, Iā€™ll try out his gear because I have it, and move along in time. Most of it I have no frame of reference to anyways. C99 and Apollo11 were about the extent of my experience. But damn, unforgettable. Still far and away my favorite smoke.

My old A11, I think from stock you gifted me: (all I have left of those pics for now) Maybe circa 2006-8?

^^^ Those plants arenā€™t LSTā€™d or tied down or anything, just stabilized with Bambooā€¦same pots as I use now too. The original was more compact than Iā€™m seeing now.

14 Likes

I donā€™t think Soul has the C88 father of Apollo 13, however itā€™s the only thing on his list Iā€™d probably get.

I have 2 slightly different phenos of Bruce Banner #3 x A11 f-4. Both are some of the most Genius dominant hybrids Iā€™ve ever grown. Best I can tell all Bruce Banner #3 did was to slightly alter the terp profile of Genius. Other than that Iā€™d say they are 80 - 90% Genius.

6 Likes

The bud structure i thought was pretty Genius as well @ray Super donkey Dicks.
I had gone out to lunch with MrSoul about 2 years back. I asked him for a cut of Genius not really thinking it was a touchy subject. Lol basically got laughed at. Oh well, lol, was worth a shot.

Whereā€™s Sly at nowadays anyway? I know those two had parted ways, but is Sly still breeding?

Hehe, yā€™all have got me in the mood to roll up the Bruce Apollo now. Just opened the jar and woo wee. The cheesey skunky notes are something else. A lil bit of tropical in there but not a whole lot. Mainly stinky cheese.

25 Likes

Really badass plant none the less. Just a bushel of colas!

Have you had a chance to puff on em yet?

2 Likes

Forgive if youā€™re not talking to me, I canā€™t figure out this online stuff anymore. :confused:
If you are then yes, long time ago. Very fun smoke. Citrusy, potent but functional. Great daytime stuff.
I had some 6 year old kief sitting by in the last year that I forgot about in a sift box and the stuff still held up. Just delicious and functionally potent.
Iā€™ll find anything good that I can in all that I smoke, even if itā€™s not so great. By far, the best stuff for me was that A11, original.

If I had a time machineā€¦thatā€™s where Iā€™d go: My basement that time.

4 Likes

Haha yep, was talking to you. I can get you some Apollo 11 f5s if youā€™re interested. Same line that made the Bruce Apollo @ray has. I found those out of a pack of Bruce Banner 3 x Apollo 11-f3. From that F3, Bodhi also made some f4s, which my neighbor Clankie made some F5s with. Just lmk and Iā€™ll see what I can do. I also carry a bunch of his crosses. He used the F4 male on Pura Vida, GSC, and a couple other things that heā€™s asked me to vend for him.

Wishing you a happy end to Hash Wednesday!

Best
Swampy

7 Likes