Brothers Grimm Genetics

Swampy do you have any more Bruce Apollo F-1’s?

If I was going to attempt to cube Genius I would start with a Bruce Apollo male that has Genius terps.

Genius also has some skunk funk in here genes which is more evident in the original Apollo 13. Original Apollo 13 had mainly fruity terps but the underlying skunk funk is there. Just need to figure out the right strain to hit her with to bring out the skunk.

2 Likes

I’ll take some bruce apollos if there any left.

1 Like

What’s the lowdown on Bruce Banner? I’ve never heard of it outside of comics. :smiley:

1 Like
6 Likes

Beatiful pics n thanks for your psicoactivity’s description: to me, it is a bad sativa’s psicoactivity, anyway…
Salud!

1 Like

FWIW, I heard just the other day from a post by Mr. Soul that Sly had passed on…

1 Like

Did you.clone it bc it looks like a great pheno

1 Like

BG is releasing soon another strain with Genius turned male. A13 x Genius. From what I’ve seen so far it’s a hearty grower and beautiful cured flowers. I’ll probably try this at one point, I’m curious.
Tester reports so far show a nice vigorous strain, just waiting on the smoke reports.

Pic isn’t mine, it’s MrSoul’s

Description:

9 Likes

I am growing that now. It looks good, heavy producer for sure. Not much smell from them maybe a little orange rind but really subtle. They will be coming down pretty soon.

2 Likes

Beautiful plant, def some classics! Love me some apollo!

3 Likes

blueberry is one of my favs.

3 Likes

yery very good look at that frost.

1 Like

I can report simply that the rerelease of the A11 didn’t grow the same as I’m used to, but then it’s been a while and I didn’t exactly replicate the flowering process and tying down. Did grow very well, decent eaters…

Buds are curing up now, but the few buds I’ve tested are the lime-green buds with glistening trichomes, very reminiscent of the old stuff I had in 2007-8 and before from the Grimm original offerings. The taste is definitely one I remembered with fondness; that skunky, citrusy smoke. The high is an old familiar friend as well. One of the most relaxing, contemplative and functional highs I have experienced. I have a couple more packs and will be mother hunting in the next year(s).

Keen to try their other offerings, so this Fall I’ll fire up something(s) from the new line and see what there is to see.

Happy growing!

5 Likes

This is a ‘Female Seeds’ version of C99 :arrow_heading_down:- (At nriy day 30 flowering) - are they similar to the older version of bros Grimm …?

I see lots of purpilng under the pistils so far…
Anyway just curious as to how this looks compared with the older original C99 from Bros Grimm.
Happy growing guys,
Gaz

7 Likes

I only grew C99 once, and it was a while ago. But that second picture does look like it.
Being bx’d so much (ergo the 99 in C99) they should look and act and taste similar. If I had to guess, uneducatedly, I’d expect the C99 to be the one strain in their new lineup that will be most similar to the old ones.

Looks great, enjoy!

4 Likes

I have a pack of the new Grim C99 above ground and doing great, will post up anything I think warrants sharing as I find out what he is offering now with this new C99…I grew her when she first became available and should of just kept what I had back then…but you know how that story goes!

4 Likes

Growing both C99XX (Bros Grimm original) and FemaleSeeds C99 at the moment.
Used to grow C99 back in the days: I was lucky enough to be blessed with a film cannister sent by Mr Soul, containing a Princess Bud along with a Pack of C99 right before he released it on Heaven’s Stairway…
It was my favorite plant by far, and still is.

BG’C99XX will be harvested tonight, I did take out a few samples, and can say confidently : It vegs a lil bit differently compared to the 1999 Release (The new one is more indica / less sativa vegging) BUT this is definately the same genetics on the Princess side: Smell, taste and High are unmistakable. The two same Phenos were encountered, and most of the plants (like 60%) fall right at the in-between spot in that spectrum.
In summary : So glad Souls’s back in the business, hope he will stay for a long time.

The Female Seeds release, on the other hand, I can’t say yet : Only grew a couple, and they’re outdoors, slowly starting to flower.
NOT the same plant at all. VERY sativa looking, very early at onsetting bloom (compared to all other strains I have outdoor this summer, Original C99XX included). IMHO, NOT a true Cindy re-creation. Now, don’t get me wrong : the signature Princess smell IS here and unmistakable. But I don’t like the way it grows : Slender, Leafly fluffy buds… I don’t see how those two plant could ever finish in a satisfactory way.

So, my advice to true Cindy lovers out here : Stay with BG.
Will update late october after outdoor harvest !

9 Likes

BTW, a question to the BG Fans out here : Anyone know of a good, documented grow report on BG’"s Queen of Soul ?

I have 3 of them ready to be chopped indoors, and seed-mothers outdoors, and so far, I find this new creation to be exceptional.
One pheno in particular has exceptional vigor and responds amazingly well to defoliation / Bonzaiing.
The smell is amazing (Princess is showing strong here), can’t wait to have cured buds to sample.

Any link to a full grow report ? Couldn’t find any, anywhere.

7 Likes

I was looking for the same. Unfortunately there’s very little in the way of current-issue BG grows.

I will try to keep logs and so on when I get into their stock more in the next year(s).

3 Likes

I just finished the Female seeds version of c99 and i had big dense cola and buds, very pineapple :pineapple:or … citrusy anyway. I grew mine indoors though …
It’s just a product of its environment ( or different pheno’s )
It’s all semantics anyway coz if you like c99 your gonna grow who-ever’s and still “dream about the REAL version” , which i believe is gone and has been reworked.
Anyway i reckon female seeds’ version is very indica dom in bud structure ( ime ), iv only tasted an earlier took bud, nice but still drying/curing…

I don’t expect I’ll buy BG’s C99 ,as im happy with the cheaper version & fem …
You have a good day @Skrog , nice grow review above :arrow_up:mate ,
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

6 Likes