Brown dry leaves

Hey everybody! Denmark here. Well the outdoor season is over and I always run in to issues. Here is some leaves that startet out like this and quikly spread to the budleaves as they got bigger. Can u guys help me diagnose this?? Love this site

4 Likes

Hi Sune, do you have purple petioles? Upon what I see it could be Phosphorus deficiency … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Is this plant outdoors? Possibly too cold/freezing?

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

This is very usefull! Thank you

1 Like

I am having SERIOUS dried out brown leaf problems. I am doing absolutely nothing different than any other grow both my areas having issues with dried out browning leaves. I had chalked it up to over ferts or high heat but i am thinking the vapor pressure in the leaf is low. I need a humidifier in this extra dry climate. It is super dry this year . NE Ohio

3 Likes

You’re welcome, here is an Ed Rosenthal’s guide where you will find info on how to deal with it … empollon|nullxnull

1 Like

This happend later on, when they were 2-3 weeks from finising

1 Like

mines having a similar issue !!! 8dc666f45172d9c15574a530bdaa379e11cc2c39_2_375x500

and some Petioles are purple. mainly just leaf ones. The main stem has a little bit of purple but im chalking that up to genetics

2 Likes

It makes sense that it is a phosperos issue.

I can’t say for sure what is causing the issue, but I will say, you need to remove those browing leaves, especially as they’re close to bud sites. They’ll rot and cause mould in the buds if you leave them there too long.

:v:

1 Like

What Is your temp and Rh?
What are you feeding Them?

1 Like

Temp is 75-80 ish

rh has been in the 55-70 range

I made some jadam juice :cup_with_straw::cup_with_straw: I think that’s what it’s called anyway, just some weeds sitting in water for a week. I forgot this particular strain ( Siberian ruderalis ) is a light feeder , so I’ve switched too just tap that’s aired out for 24 hrs

1 Like

I don’t use that type of feedings,I use salts and I can’t help with that,what It looks like Is rust/Orange points Just like a calcium deficiency.
Those leaves are upper leaves right?
What kind of light are you using?
@BeTheLight

1 Like

Eh upper to mid leaves, and I am using a spider farmer 100w light ;-; the majority of the plant is getting 600 - 1000 ppfd , aside from the lowers

1 Like

I think that s a sign of calcium issues,just search It on the web and see if It Is similar to what your plant Is showing
Calcium and Magnesium issues are very common with leds but,I Ve not seen It in soil yet.
I m in Coco coir and that Is very Easy to get it and a common practice Is using more Cal/Mag or buffering the Coco before planting
@BeTheLight

1 Like

Check that for pests. Get a magnifier and check the backs of leaves. GL

That looks suspiciously like bud rotting
Bette inspect them :mag:

:evergreen_tree:

That looks like calcium deficiency

2 Likes

Damn dude, shes supposed to be a light feeder

1 Like

Probably is on n p and k… just not calcium lol

1 Like