Browsing with a mobile 📱 😓

I have noticed that after reading a long thread in the mobile, when I go back and open it again it appears as unread and doesn’t go to the last post.

That could mean that the cookies doesn’t work. I have discovered there’s a desktop view available:

If I change to Desktop view, it works great as in the computer, is there a way to solve this? Thanks … :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I think you need to scroll all the way down, like until you’ve hit the bottom and can’t go down any more, to make it show as read. I think it’s something to do with the aspect/viewport ratio on mobile browsers.

3 Likes

Thanks, did it but no way … :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That’s how my phone is. But sometimes it does mark it as unread

3 Likes

Sometimes mine won’t track what I’ve read. When I notice it I just close the window out, close chrome, then open back up and go back in. Seems to me it happens when I have a tab or two open for long periods of time.

1 Like

Thanks, I bet when you switch from Mobile view to Desktop view it opens directly in Chrome extended browser and that way it works. The trick is making it fonctioning in mobile view, the one we use in the smartphone. That’s why I thought about the cookies working in Chrome but not in the other view if existing… :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I think it works all fine in Tor Browser. I don’t use mobile a lot here though, maybe I just did not spot the problems.

1 Like

I am not really concerned about safety so no Tor here, maybe browse more the forum in mobile than in the computer.

It really hasn’t much importance, but with a fish memory sometimes when I read a post I see I have already given it a :heartbeat: and that upsets me, or I am 300 posts behind where I should be :sweat:.

2 Likes