Bubba Kush cuts …

So I’ve been obsessed with bubba Kush going on 14 years now easy! I still remember the first time I tried that glorious greasy, dank, funky fire :fire: I’ve had and grown many iterations over the years . Katsu , pre-98 regulars (three different iterations) bubba from Dr.Greenthumb , and a killer adage from my good friend @Bobgrows that really blew my mind! All bubba with subtle differences in terps, colours and density! Even an orange bubba and a minty one. and the one that started it all was just bubba as Kush really was not a word used often back then. I loved that flower so much I literally sold a bunch of stuff to grab a 1/2 pound! And I cherished and hoarded those buds like diamonds or something! It’s always just done it for me, as do several of the original kushes. I’m trying to figure out the difference between Pre-98 Bubba and Bubba (Berger cut) or are they the same? I have the (Berger cut) and will be flowering her soon. And have access to the pre-98 as well but without flowering them out I can’t figure if they are different or one and the same. Any help I’d greatly appreciated. I’d also like to utilize this thread to compare and showcase any and all Bubba genetics you may have with pics, descriptions etc. as I believe it will be helpful in many ways as well as too new BUBBA fiends looking to understand what’s what, and identifying variations as well.

Few pics of some of the most recent Bubbas I’ve grown a couple of years back from @Bobgrows These regs REALLY IMPRESSED me! I wish I knew how great they were as I would have kept them all and done a 50 plant hunt rather than give 1/2 away and end up doing a 22 plant hunt. Tbh I should have done an increase ! :weary:

112 Likes

Same cut. Should only be one cut of Bubba. No clue why all of this pre-98 and stuff started happening. It’s Matt’s cut and it was his before ‘98, so… Bubba has been a favorite of mine for years. Always traded for it, because it’s not the most productive and I’d rather someone else trims it for me. But, nowadays I don’t sell or anything and have plenty, so I should find myself a nice Bubba plant.

19 Likes

Well, you still have pictures of what my Bubba looks like @TopShelfTrees1 !

The terps I find are of coffee and a hint of carmel to me. A small taste of pine in the back.
The colors are always impressive. I love the short squaty bush.

I believe the pre 98 came from when people would ask…" how long have you had it? " pre 98.
Then you hear…" It Is a clone only!" But have you ever heard of someone taking that clone and reversing it to make seeds… since before 1998. :woman_facepalming::raising_hand_woman:

25 Likes

It’s what I assumed. Tbh I may grab one and just grow em side by side to prove this . But I also want to clarify for the masses I’ve been asked this, or about certain (name switched stuff ALOT the last 7-8 months) so I figured this thread could clear up stuff for everyone including me.

10 Likes

Oh man I’ve got tons of pics start to finish lol. I absolutely loved that whole grow! I have like 4 seeds, didn’t keep a cut . And the one Mike kept ended up dying in the spring. Honestly I think an adage or repro is due. You have many left? I know that line holds the real bubba and some amazing variations. Been kicking myself the last 2 years for not just reproing then doing an epic hunt as I can only imagine what lies within there

10 Likes

Not too many. But DM me . Maybe we can work something out. Because I would like more myself! :v:

19 Likes

That certainly looks similar to Bubba. The leaves look smaller, not as wide, and it doesn’t look as leafy. Looks to yield better too, so if smokes and tastes like Bubba, seems like a winner.

5 Likes

When I made those Kush Mints S1s, I also hit one of @Bobgrows Bubba Kush with the reversed pollen. Had I known when I sent you the S1s how much you love Bubba, I would have put a few in there with them. I didn’t make many, but I can still send you a flip. Just PM me your address again @TopShelfTrees1

25 Likes

Looking forward to growing these!
Thank you @middleman
I did receive them. I might have put it on a different thread…:woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

I still have maybe half a dozen. I’m committed to do one more increase this year, and then I was planning on growing those out for increase. I would have done it already, but never did get a male.

9 Likes

I saw and liked that post.

5 Likes

There’s actually 11 phenos I grew, all subtle differences but one was the real deal 100% . I have the cut now, and Mike (my mentor ) like myself is Bubs obsessed and has grown her forever until he shut down. But I can with 100% certainty say that those regs are the best seed version I’ve ran. And the Doc Greenthumb ones were ridiculous! I love the katsu, but she doesn’t hit like the original, just tastes better imo and more bag appeal (which is meaningless to me) I grew them in 2.5’s too as I had no idea what to expect!

7 Likes

Nice!! People seem to like those Bubba S1’s from CSI and the Bombthreat he found in them, but those are fems.

5 Likes

Awesome! Bubba x Kush mints! How can you go wrong. Love both strains . Thank you @middleman

5 Likes

Exactly. And bombthreat! That reminds me He’s been promising to restock and send me a pack for 3 years now. Beginning to think it’ll never happen.

6 Likes

Probably waiting to drop it at the retail shop. Haha

4 Likes

The cut I have was called pre 98 Bubba by Dookiefarms when I got it. It has pretty strong coffee terps with a bit of cocoa powder or chocolate on the exhale. I broke my phone last week and can’t port any of my pics I had but I’ll grab a shot of the mother plant later.

11 Likes

Sounds legit. Throw in some “hash” smell. How was the smoke?

Edit: Maybe sandalwood like is a better description than hash. Really really nice smell when Bubba is done right.

9 Likes

Yep that’s bubba unquestionably, the cocoa/coffee is always prevalent covering that dank, earthy kushy funk I just love ! Dookie is as solid as they come too, known him 5/6 years now and he’s always on point

10 Likes

Doing the lords work @TopShelfTrees1

I am here for all of the bubba talk and hunting. I absolutely love Bubba and always have to have some on deck! I just popped the last of my beans from @Bobgrows, and am hoping they germ as I really want to find something I can keep around, or at least do an increase. I think the world would be a much better place with some bubba for everyone. I love this thread and am gonna camp out and burn a fat one.

13 Likes