Bubba Kush cuts …

Fletcher of Archive talks about it. Shabud of 707 seedbank gifted him the Bubba cut and he labeled it “pre98” to distinguish it from the other bubbas he had received from OrgnKid. He says the Katsu and purple Bubba are likely s1.

Swerve used the “pre98” name and now we have tons of confusion.

Here’s the link to his conversation about it

13 Likes

good thread @TopShelfTrees1 , I too hunt for an “elite” bubba for my garden.
I held a BC bubba clone for a while but it wasn’t quite on par so I let it go. At the time I was growing out Verdant Green’s P98 Bubba Kush S1. He is a highly respected breeder across the pond and knowing his stuff is legit I grabbed a few packs.
Popped my last of those seeds and ended up with a classic looking bubba and I have a struggling clone of her rooted. Be a few weeks before she comes down but she is really pleasing me. She is a two headed beast in a 15 gallon tote as she topped herselff during her first few days and I just let her grow like that.
Some pics from 2 days ago at sunrise (day 48 of 12/12 light dep)

I ended up pollinating her with OGKB 2.0 reversed and the super frosty Long Valley Royal Male… gonna be some fire kush in those beans

40 Likes

Just grabbed a couple veg pics of my pre 98.

37 Likes

That’s one good looking plant. It’s got character, you can tell its an old soul :+1:

15 Likes

I took the cut of Pre98 I got from @FirstCavApache64 and dusted 2 branches with the Chocolate Diesel pollen I got from @AzSeaindooin420

Still a couple weeks before the seeds are ready, but should be some good shit coming out of that.

24 Likes

Chocolate bubba with a touch of diesel

giphy

13 Likes

That is kickass bro. :sunglasses: :metal:

11 Likes

:point_up:!!! YES!!!
What he said!

7 Likes

Thank you both. It’s not the strongest strain I have but I love the high from it. Reminds me of a Blue Dream I ran that is just so relaxing. The Blue Dream was much more energizing though.

7 Likes

Bubba was always pretty strong. Put you to sleep. Nighttime smoke.

11 Likes

I love this thread. I can’t wait to grow out these bubba’s from Bobbi.

It sounds like the general consensus is I should be making more of these beans for you fine folks.

21 Likes

I hit mine with Blue Kush pollen last run but only got about 40 seeds. Hope to run some soon to see how much the Blue Kush influenced it.

9 Likes

Do it ! Do it! Do it! :grin::v:

14 Likes

Never encountered a bubba that put me on my ass, seen many that were nearly impossible to wreck bag appeal on though. Wet and pulled at 6 weeks by the Vietnamese and it was still frosty as hell. For the real kick I’ve always loved Obama, just my preference I guess.

7 Likes

35 Likes

It looks so great outdoors brother. Nice!

5 Likes

I love bubba kush I also equally love obama kush.

3 Likes

Well looks like Ive got another preservation run /adage coming! Gonna do a big ass open pollination! And I’m gonna run BOTH clones side by side to put the confusion to rest. @Vagabond_Windy thanks for the link bro, that was mad informative!
@SHSC-1 well I’m sure I can help with that brother. No worries at all. I’ve got you. You always got my back

17 Likes

I’m finding out you make some bomb crosses! That sounds dope too! That gmo x granny though! Super intriguing. @FirstCavApache64 has me droolin over that combo.

2 Likes

Look at that squat beauty! And @FirstCavApache64 were gonna have to dual side by side these babies and end the nonsense. I always thought bubba Kush was bubba Kush pre-98 included it was just specified after places started to make their own seeds etc. but after the floodgates opened recently in the clone game I’m seeing these different monikers etc. and it’s confusing! And people probs waste money trying to acquire both cuts! I will agree Bubba is a strong bud for sure when done right, coffee, cocoa/chocolate and one of my favourite danks and most recognizable smells ever. There’s rarely been a time in at least 15 years I haven’t had her in the headstash or on tables, in pots, buckets etc! Glad I started this thread as I see others have wondered the same.

15 Likes