BubbleGum Auto - Vero29v7 600W

I think you guys are mis-understanding my suggestion - it’s not a diss on this grow or anything, I’m saying the fastest way to healthy plants is start new seeds or clones in a different medium. If the medium is too heavy you can try changing nutes all day long and they’ll just keep dying, which is what’s happening.

this stuff happens to me all the time, every year I experiment with something and have to kill everything. Finding soil mix that works right can be like wandering the wilderness for years, you head off in one direction and it takes a while to realize it was the wrong way.

I’ve seen a few friends struggling with it this year, they all found success by using a store-bought complete mix like Roots Organic 707 or Michigan M3 blend. THese are only available in the US though. It has to be a mix specifically designed for cannabis - this herb needs way more aeration and porosity than typical gardening plants and vegetables.

I can clearly remember my first grow in 2000 - I killed off $300 worth of premium seeds from Brothers Grimm - C99 - and Sensi Star from Paradise Seeds. I planted in some expensive organic potting soil, a local product called Coast of Maine Bar Harbor. It has premium ingredients alright, but it’s heavy and thick as swamp mud. It’s suited for outdoor raised vegetable beds, not cannabis in containers, way too high in compost and aged bark and only 5% perlite instead of 30% cannabis needs.

4 Likes

ahem look what I said 2 weeks ago…I wasn’t wrong!:sunglasses::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Fundamentally we are in agreement

1 Like

I remember back on overgrow 1.0 I was asking people for help for 1-2 years thinking I had fusarium root fungus. I was sure of it! But it was a combination of other problems - when I upgraded to more powerful lights, the plants became rootbound in the same pots that worked under a 250W light. It can be super difficult to figure this stuff out. The fix was as simple as using 4-5 gallon pots instead of 3 gallon.

4 Likes

I use 5 gallon buckets, when I exit vegetative stage I Kik up the lights to 3x 400w mh + 2x 250 hps for color with 1 of each in reserve just in case

1 Like

I think so too, maybe the scrawny plants make me feel like culling them and sometimes i feel even with all the problems I’ve had, i’m still learning… I’ll get an eight of an ounce if anything from this plants but i am learning. Thanks @Muleskinner, i know where your heart is, but i gotta learn without giving up, otherwise i’ll keep on giving up everytime i face an obstacle.

I got a big 20 gallon bag of Formula 707, but it’s quarantined right now because it has a potential thread of being infested with gnats or bugs… Anyway. Will use it in one of my upcoming grows. I wanna succeed with the coco/perlite mix; the way i figured they wouldn’t sell it and people wouldn’t buy it unless it worked. Thanks for your comments and time, Overgrow and Madscientist thanks you!

This is what it’s all about…

Do you just wanna try all the grow methods?

1 Like

I wanna see what works best for me, and yes, it would be awesome to know-how in every situation, so maybe i’ll try a few and after i fuck up a couple of times then i might be better at doing it…

2 Likes

i just noticed the 600w in the title lol are these under 600w of cob??

1 Like

They were. But now under 220W Citizen CLU048.

The time to move has come. Need to pack up and leave. Will probably shut down and cull.

Tomorrow i will be better. Promise.

2 Likes

throw it, its just waste of time and money imo, i know its not because of yield and so on, but this is reality that this have no sense , no offense

2 Likes

I would hate having to bail out on a location once I have established, what a crappy deal

1 Like

Oh damn bro you gotta move??

1 Like

Yes i need to move, it’s been going on for months that it’s been planned. Now, the time has come, but it’s all good.

I just might be able to move the plants at night, or something…

4 Likes

The smaller ones should easily fit in a cardboard box. I hope the move is an upgrade for you.

3 Likes

I’ll give them a good home and all the attention they wish they didn’t get

3 Likes

Hung over AND moving! Sorry to hear that. Is it because of security concerns?

but i gotta learn without giving up, otherwise i’ll keep on giving up everytime i face an obstacle.

hell yeah I like the warrior attitude! Roots 707 is awesome, it’s guaranteed to work, the only bugs would be fungus gnats, all the good soil mixes will have them. Just use Bti (mosquito dunks) right from the start and you’ll wipe them out. Every time I start plants there are fungus gnats. If you quarantine the bag that long you will lose some of the microbial life, living soil is going to have a few gnats in there every time.

One my great joys of outdoor gardening is to watch all the spiders and other bugs that come to dine on the fungus gnats. There’s a daddy-longlegs spider living in each of my begonias. plus other spiders that come up at night and work the soil surface. Plus flying bugs, etc, fungus gants are like scooby-snacks to the insect world

5 Likes

:joy:
I’m using that one!

2 Likes

The only time I get gnats is when I fail to wash the dishes or take out the trash… Lol

5 Likes

Update.

More problems… This coco and its EC to begin with, after that i flushed them once and drowned them in nutes, had to flush them again, now they are turning yellow and drying but the medium is still moist, damn…

2 Likes