Bud Dryer unit, anyone bought one?

Has anyone bought and or used something like this?

I know most people just hang their bud to dry if you have a decent temperature and humidity.

Looks kinda cool. Don’t really like that the trays are clear, and it’s kinda small, but I suppose it could do the job. Also doesn’t have any kind of humidity control except for the shot glass of water you can throw in there. Looking through the FAQ its basically just a temp controlled blower. Wouldn’t be hard to build a more efficient (humidity and temp controlled) unit with a larger capacity.

1 Like

Takes times to rid your buds of chlorophyll.

Not for me.

6 Likes

Since I’m a sucker for gadgets, I was planning on getting one of these to test out. But won’t be for a few months.

Did read some reviews, and looks promising in the end if it doesn’t work I can make beef jerky in it lol

3 Likes

it looks like a food dehydrator.

I dont think buds are something you want to dry fast because of the process that makes it taste and smell sweeter during the cure

3 Likes

They also promise 10-15% hydration at the end but no monitoring. Humid environments may require more time… says it wont over dry, but not sure how that’s supposed to work without any monitoring of humidity at least

1 Like

Why pay when air is for free. Patience will save you a lot of money.

1 Like

@allotment and @Hashtree have a couple home brew dryer designs going on in the Junk and stuff thread that look promising.

2 Likes

No idea what they’re asking for that, but we bought our food dehydrater at K-mart for Au$35-
Takes around 16 hours to do peaches and apricots that are sliced about 6mm thick.
Apple the same thickness roughly takes 10 hours.
Jerky(deer) was tried once but wasn’t satisfactory after 72 hours.
My thinking is it wouldn’t produce the desired outcome with bud for time/cost expended. Also, you’d have to be turning your product to ensure consistency. My leaning would be hang dry for results over this item.

1 Like

They’re $150+… 20 chars

1 Like

Bloody hell. I’ll sell you mine for 50 and CoD. Seriously, google dehydrator, or eBay it. Like I said we got ours at kmart for less than 35. I don’t think it’d be any good for what we want though I may be wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, this one is super sketchy. Love their business model though, because if the retail on a bottom of the barrel dehydrator is $35 I’d have to imagine their profit margins are in the four-digit range.

Quick dry the old fashioned way – on top of the light ballast/driver :+1:

3 Likes

nebula haze from growweedeasy tested it out and said it worked A+ - only issue was one side of the buds were a little flattened from laying on it for so long

its basically a food dehydrator thats designed to run at a lower temp i think