Buddertons P1 Afghani mission

Looks awesome, nice job!

2 Likes

Gorgeous @Naptown916 ! Everything grows a bit ā€˜oddlyā€™ here but Iā€™m hoping this one is also half way done, but Iā€™m outdoor and having to check for budrot 3X/day right now! The best #11 got hit with a spot on the main cola, so I cut the topā€¦rest of the plant still looking fine. The #9ā€™s havenā€™t shown any problems with it.

Are you growing the #11ā€™s also?

:call_me_hand:

17 Likes

I popped a few #11 at the same time but no females in that bunch. I am using the male though for a cloning experiment Iā€™ll be sharing on here at some point. They were basically identical though through the first 2 weeks of flower. I had 3 of each, the 9 and 11 and they were all super consistent. Iā€™m sure the bud would have its differences but very happy with these. He accidentally sent me two packs of each, so you can bet Iā€™ll be trying them again. Hoping I get some of the lemon slush in my vet box. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Everything happens for a reason, fuk around and get to the last seed and it turns out to be Jackā€™s beanstalk or something. :rofl:

4 Likes

Itā€™s Buddertonā€¦it wasnā€™t an accident. The guy is just generous as hell.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s a fact!

6 Likes

Iā€™m working with two of Buddertonā€™s Afghanis right now, one male #11 which I already grew, cut, and harvested pollen from, and one female #9, shown below, which just started showing some pink pistils. Both plants turned out with purple flowering parts.

Male BA#11:
PXL_20230127_212730742

26 Likes

Right on @GlassJoeGrows ! Those are some pretty plants! @Tlander was getting some pink pistils on one of his A11s too. I glad to see it in bolth lines. And what a handsome male! These are an outdoor/hothouse winter flower run, if I remember correctly? The plants look nice and healthy! :grin::v::canada:

7 Likes

Yep, Iā€™m excited to see how they develop. Iā€™ll be pollinating a couple of lowers on the female (and a couple females of other strains) and bagging them to have a look at the cross, and I kept clones of the female to share with a local old timer. Thanks again for your generosity with the seed! :pray:

4 Likes

Whoa, love those colors! Very cool

3 Likes

Damn mine are just greenā€¦ :joy: :yum:

3 Likes

@Budderton I havenā€™t started my Afghani mission yet, but I did plop 2 samples into some coco. Lucky me one of each, but I am not ready for guys and all that mess so he got chopped early. This is what I was after

One of my Solo cup ride along plants

26 Likes

Right on @Indoornesian ! Thatā€™s a nice looking plant. Looks like it made lots of trichs on a chunky frame. Iā€™m glad it turn out decent for you.
Iā€™m looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how it smokes. Best of luck on your Affie mission! :grin::v::canada:

8 Likes

Whatā€™s the finishing time been like on these? Iā€™m a little over 9 weeks still lots of white pistils.

2 Likes

Hey @Naptown916 , the F1s where right in the 9-10 wk range. I believe I had 1 that went 11 wks. That one you have does look quite pistilly and a bit more ā€œsativaā€ looking. Possibly a throwback to whatever was put into the Afghani by the Dutch way back when they made Afghani Hash Plant?
I was only working with the AHP males when I made the F1s.

5 Likes

Buddertonā€™s Afghani #9 at about 47 days. Sweet, fruity, earthy smell, but the pink pistils are gone.

35 Likes

Wow thatā€™sa good one! Much more frost than my #11

2 Likes

Thanks! I really have no complaints with it so far. Itā€™s sturdy and terpy and has a really tight internodal distance, the ends of some of the branches have the bud at the tip and the next two nodes all within like a 2-3 inch distance. I kept a couple cuts and Iā€™ll be using one to pollinate with some of the pollen I have from a #11 male.

5 Likes

Awesome yeah my 11 is a fat yielded solid terpy baseball bats but maybe half the frost

2 Likes

Sheā€™s a beautā€¦but no surprise coming from Budderton. Nice grow @GlassJoeGrows

4 Likes