Buddy's AF Grow Show

This is my take as well. They are not as sensitive as some people would have you believe IMHO. Also I find for some reason I can’t quite work out that Kelp seems to help the plants be more tolerant of PH fluctuation without showing obvious stress. I NEVER grow without good quality Kelp anymore because the difference in the plants is so obvious.
For my DWC PH I mostly I check mine once a week and at top up but that is about it. Plants like consistence, so more than anything it’s wild fluctuations in PH, nutes and temps that are the likely cause of most peoples problems.

5 Likes

Pretty excited to use them. Found watering the solo cup was easy enough, now just need to work on my starting ppm.

The ww I went a bit too low, to start so going to find my sweet spot.

Have you seen these? Came up on my feed and even cheaper.
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B072TSQC6H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cn8SCb63EPZHD

6 Likes

Plant #3 is doing well. She was underfed as you can see on her lower leaf, but all under control now.

Looking forward to seeing this one grow. Didn’t end up fimming her so I’ll just stick with some leaf tucking on her.

Potted another seed today, and I tipped her over and just threw everything back in the pot. Couldn’t find the seed, so I’ll give her a few days to see if she pops her head up. If not I’ll setup the next seed!

Plant #3

6 Likes

Looks perfectly uniform and healthy. Is this the WW??

3 Likes

That’s her! By next week she’ll have the entire light to herself.

4 Likes

Yeah she’s gonna be a big big girl :v:

4 Likes

This one took no time sprouting! Coco and pertile mix this try, and using the moss pots which I’m digging.

Moby Dick autoflower

Also finally weighed my first harvest and did a smoke test. 6oz and change and the smoke was great. Big difference from the stuff I’ve smoked my whole life, very smooth!

Looking forward to trying her when she’s had more time to cure. I think I’ll stick with the wet trim and bag method for my curing process as it makes me happy. I’ll give dry trimming a test one day though.

8 Likes

Roots growing through the peat pots

6 Likes

Ah nice to see. Wasn’t sure if I had to poke some holes in the bottom or not. I’ll let them do its job then.

Also ordering my second rack in 2 weeks, so I’ll have 2 racks with 5 3500k and 5 5000k strips.

4 Likes

You can put them on a saucer and add a little water directly into the saucer and the pots and coco will soak it up :wink: no risk of getting droplets on the leafs doing it that way and it also encourages the roots to search for the water :+1:

4 Likes

I use them for drying out over watered soil. If you have a seedling that you have watered too much place the peat pot on top of some folded papertowel and it will wick moisture out

3 Likes

Congratulations @cdnBuddy! Sounds like a success for as long as you’ve been growing! Keep on doing what you’re doing, keep reading threads here and remember your LITFA! My first indoor grow I got seeds from SSSC and promptly killed every one of them! Love and Jah!

5 Likes

It’s a huge success to me for my first grow. Lots of bumps, and still making them but no longer killing my plants lol

I LIFTA like crazy now, sometimes not even peaking in the tent for 3-4days. I do check up on them on the camera though. In a few weeks I’ll have my second light setup, and can finally run my 4 plants so looking forward to making my tent burst!

8 Likes

:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Here’s my big girl, getting closer to chop time. 81days, she suffered a bit with some nutrient burn but overall a much smoother grow than my first attempt.

It will be sad to see her go, until my WW starts to stretch.

12 Likes

Weekly reservoir cleaning is done. This time I checked my ppm before dumping what was left (not much) and she was at 1180ppm which i guess some water is evaporating (initial ppm was 1050). No worries though, just something for me to keep an eye out moving forward. PH is on point still as starting with 5.5 and letting it drift up to 6 before correcting back.

I’m in the process of ordering my Solstix for my second rack and have 10 5000k lights in the cart and decided this time i’ll just build my own rack and get a Meanwell closer to home and i’ll wire it myself.

EDIT :
WW is doing well. For the past few days been doing lots of leaf tucking trying equal out my canopy a bit before she starts to stretch. I’m also finally writing down EC/PH etc each feed, and plan on going lighter this time on EC. Making this my third plant, but hoping to make her issue free (but if anything arises more to learn).

Happy Easter!

9 Likes

She is looking great atm, probably could remove more inner leaves get some more airflow through her.

3 Likes

I agree Shadey hit the nail on the head! Open her right up gets light and air where it’s needed .I told my buddy just a few weeks back your growing buds not leaves, he then went right and removed all the lower large fans .

4 Likes

What are you feeding that happy plant?

:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I failed last time at pulling leaves, just not sure which ones to remove. I’ve only removed some undergrowth that won’t do a thing. Im afraid to touch the top…but will do with guidance if anyone has time lol

See above, all for opening her up just no clue which ones to pluck. Or how many.

RO Water
Great White Mycorrhizae
CalMag - 90ppm
MC(v2) - 600ppm
Sweet Candy - 50ppm
LIFTA
1.48EC

Trying to take it easy with this plant, and not going to push her as I’ve pushed both of my last plants which shows. I’m looking for videos to show people de-leafing so hopefully I can figure out which ones to pull.

3 Likes