Buddy's AF Grow Show

It’s something you have to learn to recognize when you need to do it, your not going to need it with every plant. Some strains are worse than others.

Something else to add to the checklist. It’s why I keep a journal, reminds me when I read back all the stuff I forget to do lol.

I have a blueberry cough I just thinned out, and bent it around. I don’t take anything from the top unless I am topping it. I normally take larger leaves about 2 inches down from the top, that are close to the stem first. Then have a look at the amount of daylight you can see through it.

When the leaves are stacked on top of each other, without much airflow you are asking for a bit of powdery mildew to start, if you’re humidity is not under control.

If they are growing au naturel, lol, I will take the first 2 bud and branch sites off every branch closet to the stem. I will take lower branches off, a week before flowering, for clones.

3 Likes

I strip all large fans at up pot going into flower
then 3 weeks into flower again I do a total strip of all secondary leaves that got big from the previous strip from then on I’ll tuck and bend unless it piss’s me off she’s gone !
My second strip they look like Charlie browns xmas tree 2 weeks later you’d never know it got a hair cut , I also strip all lower bud sites on each stem leaving 2/3 sites below the top buds everything else gone like the wind!
@cdnBuddy
I’ll just add to answer your post below : at a young age third set of leaves I’ll top her .
when the 6 branches grow enough to top ,I’ll do each of those From there my mileage varies in theory I should have 12 tops if all goes as planned .

2 Likes

Since I’m growing autoflowers and flowering in the same tent they are around 45%, and I maintain that. I’ll see if I did an ok job soon. I really need to document what i’ve done, i swear my first plant I went ole natural…you can see her way up top. She was a beast, and couldnt keep her under control.
I’ll do my best with this one.

I’d be afraid to do that lol

I tried bending that main stem, but feared I’d break it so went with an ugly ass pony tail. I’ll take it off in 4hrs and check it out tomorrow and repeat if need be.

Future buddy, if you’re reading this it was either a good plucking or you messed it up. Deal with it.

Is there an optimal amount of main stems that you strive for? I wanted to fim her, but decided not to as she was a bit small.

5 Likes

In my opinion you don’t need to pluck anything. Once she starts stretching the node spacing will increase and more light will be available to the lower sections of the plant. Auto flowers you really don’t want to stress to much. A little lite defoliation of any leaves that are dead or dying should be fine though. She seems happy so let her do her thing :+1::v:

8 Likes

Yeah looking really great and wonderful lush green and she seems very happy :heart: Keep on shining bro, looking forward for her buds :slight_smile: Happy Easter days :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good point man, I was forgetting they are autos and not vegging photos.

4 Likes

She wasn’t phased by my plucking, but ill refrain from touching her again.

I’ll refrain from plucking her and stick to leaf tucking and some light lst.

3 Likes

Her stretch will start soon and she should triple in height. Me personally I’d not even bother with leaf tucking until she stops stretching and starts to bud properly @cdnBuddy. She’s looking real real healthy :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Will do…i’ll wait for the stretch. Feed is on point, and moving forward i’ll leave them alone until I’ve perfected a grow from start to finish then ill add in some extra’s!

5 Likes

Just my input bro that plant you have if you haven’t already done it I personally on a photo plant strip any big fan leaf off the main stem. However my approach to taking them off my auto was to strip all the big fan leaf so the originals there from day dot. HOWEVER the next day I got a surprise because for me taking like 5 big leafs off her she sprouted like double and now looks more bushy than she did before so I would just go with E’s opinion on the matter and see how she goes :+1:

2 Likes

24hrs…and she just keeps going. I’m afraid of how big she is going to be, but I’m ready! Could be stretch time, I should probably record height cause looks like she may have gained a few inches also.

12 Likes

Sounds spot on and looking good my friend. Jah!

:cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I’m still reading and liking and out of likes. so I’ll just reply and let you know I’m watching. Liking to learn so much from your helpers and looking forward to see your results.

I too was impressed with my 2 harvests and how much smoother it was than the smoke I had purchased in the past.

BTW my WW is chopped and drying as of today.

6 Likes

Thanks dude! I’ve come a long way since I had a bad streak of killing my girls lol

All the tips I’ve been getting and reading up on here are helping tremendously. I have another sprout that I’ll post tomorrow, it’s her 1 week bday! I think it’s the healthiest sprout Ive had to date.

My big girl…she looks rough right now, but still not as bad as my first one. I just took her off the Autopots and want to start to flush her as she’s getting close. Packing on some serious weight to, so hopefully she beats my first plant in terms of weight.

6 Likes

:rofl: expect a monster lol. I’m hoping she does what mine did and over grows your area :+1:

4 Likes

I hope so also! She’s still being fed the same EC, and waiting for her to lighten up in colour before upping it by a bit.

I’ll post pictures tonight, along with my latest sprout.

Other good news…I finally have replace my central air! No more issues with heat. Plus tomorrow I’m ordering the 10 5000k strips so ill have 2 racks now running 5 - 3500k and 5 - 5000k.

Going to buy a meanwell driver and rack down here though and assemble myself. Save a good chunk of change.

7 Likes

Moby Dick at 7days is going well, i’ve been giving her 300ppm MC and 90ppm of CalMag since her first leaves popped up. I may continue the same feed for awhile. Would a slight increase in a few days be good?

WW is adding some height every day and figure in a few days she’ll be around 10" from the lights. Feeding her once a day when I’m at work, but when working from home I’ll try to feed her more often spread out during the day. I’m hope she doubles in height! Anything beyond that will be my largest plant to date.

15 Likes

Looks good from where I am sitting…:+1:

Keep doing what you’re doing, I’m sure the plants will let you know when something is wrong.

Peace
DaFozz

5 Likes

Thanks @anon95954822, I’m keeping her feed the same and will wait for her to ask for it. Probably my problem with ugly plants on the first two. I didn’t let her ask for it, i just upped it until I burned her.

I just spent the past hour getting my temps setup to be 78degrees lights on and 70 degrees lights off. Turns out I had it messed up for the past few days, bought one of those Ecobee thermostats for my house, and it has a sensor for my grow room.

I expect great things now! Also 100% decided to go with 2 tents, 1 veg/1 flower so I can control the humidity in each tent independently. Should have my new lights next weekend, they’ve been shipped out to a friend who will be bringing it over to good ole Canada to save me import fees.

Tomorrow completes my first grow I guess. First plant 3 weeks ago and now my second one comes down tomorrow. Kinda curious about my GPW for first try.

8 Likes

Your plants and enthusiasm certainly show that you have a passion for it…

Keep On Keepin’ On Dude…

Peace
DaFozz

p.s. Any way you can take the Gubernment Of Canuck for a few bucks is all right in my books… They certainly aren’t shy about stickin’ it to ya when they can…

9 Likes