Budmeisters Grow Box Diaries

Hello Everyone!

I’ve just joined this Forum today… This is my first ever grow in a 2x2 ( 600w LED )

Medium - Coco Coir / Perlite
Pot Size - 5 Gallon
Strain - Dutch Passion - Shaman
Light KingLED 600w LED ( Veg / Bloom alteration )
Air - 2 Clip fans one down one up!
Dehumidifier - Cheap 500ml version ( lowers the humidity by 5-10 points… ( just ordered a bigger one )

Carbon Filter is up but not in use at the moment!!

Soo… I think my plant looks quite healthy i’m watering every 24 hours of latest picture with a nice little drain off at 6.2 PH

I rinsed the coco coir and squeezed it then soaked it in PH5.8 Solution with a touch of calmag

I have noticed one little crook on one leaf maybe you can see on the picture…

So what do you all think I am glad to be part of the group and welcome any advice or info :slight_smile:

Also I Will start my first question off with…
Q. Will my carbon filter lower the humidity when it comes into play?

Thanks All!

38 Likes

Welcome to the forums!

Looking good so far, I’m sure people will be around to give you the more in depth stuffs lol

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the reply! glad to be here!

7 Likes

Aye, welcome!

So when you go into flower, you will have 12 hours of dark. This is when that humidity will spike way high, around me to like 90%+. So right now, you want to be a little higher humidity during veg, but that dehumidifier will really come into play when you’re in the 12/12 stage to produce buds.

Lots of good people here, looking forward to watching your garden grow :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Looks great! Set up and seedling!!

Welcome!! This is indeed a wonderful community.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG man.

Your exhast fan will lower the humidity if its not just blowing it back out into the same room as the plants and the air in the room its taking in is lower than the tents humidity :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you!! maybe i shal raise the humidity a touch for now then I usually leave a little unzip at the top of the door to make it 55% as it spiked to like 80% but with the tent closed now and the little dehumidifier on it goes down to 65%… I will get there :)… its just about being attentive I guess!

Fingers crossed thank you for the reply.

5 Likes

Thanks I will adjust room and tent accordingly with the gear!

3 Likes

Here’s a good chart most use to exactly dial in their environment. Just for reference though, don’t stress too much, this is just for optimal optimal

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @Budmeister , glad to see another grower jumping into the forum.

3 Likes

Thanks bro! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just to add… I did a little test then this is whilst lights are off… completely closed tent up… temp is about 25 degrees and it shot up to 70% humidity within an hour… whether it was stable there im not sure but didnt want to risk it so i popped another hole open with the zip for a little vent… hopefully the other dehumidifier will make up for this in conjuction with when the carbon filter comes into play later on!

13 Likes

Welcome to the community :seedling::herb:
Your off to a good start. Do some searches here and read lots.
Most of your questions you will find are probably already answered.
Lets smoke a fatty
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

2 Likes

Question for you is your light 600 W from the wall or is it 600 W replacement as advertised ?
If you look at the driver name plate it should say output wattage thats the true wattage ratting. In the real world most manufacturers of LED lights count up the LEDs and add them, it doesn’t quite work that way :+1:

2 Likes

Hello mate,

Thanks for your reply… I will check that out tomorrow!!

So yeah… its only a 2x2 160cm tall i believe… So I will be looking to Top it, and veg it right out for as long as possible so it fills the 2x2… fingers crossed hopefully my KINGLED600 should be ok for it!

2 Likes

I see from their website it draws 120-watt so 120 watts is 120 watts but it should be good enough for your 2x2 for now
:dash::dash::sunglasses::v::canada:

3 Likes

Ahh I see… I’m loving this forum already!! This is exactly why i joined to learn and have new info to absorb for my journey! I see what you mean now it only draws 120w power but they state each LED is of 10w equivelent power 60 x 10w = 600w

hmm… maybe a good sales tactic… but yeah we move on hopefully it should be ok for the one plant in my 2x2… I already can see myself getting right into this and going for a 4x2 next or maybe even 4x4 :wink:

5 Likes

Welcome to OG @Budmeister. Glad to have you here in our community.

3 Likes

Welcome to OG @Budmeister, seedlings looking great, you’re in good hands here mate💚

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes