Buying seeds for outdoor grow

What are some old school strains that produce the largest main colas? I’m partial to the classic breeders and still order seeds from Amsterdam.

Any suggestions for large, tall growing plants for guerilla growing?

Thank you

1 Like

Thats pretty broad question mate.
You will get 1 million answers.
large and tall and guerrilla gardening dont exactly go hand and hand.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’d pick a nice short squat plant personally :heart:

3 Likes

when they get about 5 feet tall, tie them down to the ground. then do it again at 5 feet if they make it. like an upside down w. or an m. man, i must have hit one too many hits. or just enough.

3 Likes

Dutch passion
Frisian duck FTW

2 Likes

Hopefully you’re somewhere with low humidity… so much heartbreak in big colas in wetter climates (so beautiful, and so mold prone).

5 Likes

KC Brains Mango is good outdoor, fruity, good yielder and theyre based in Holland.

4 Likes

You really need to add a bit of info for us to answer. End of season? Humidity a concern or no?

1 Like

That sounds like a native Sativa. Easy, vigorous, big long colas.

Some details on your climate for outdoor growing would be helpful. But if I had to suggest something that’s a bit older but produces heavily and is tried and tested for growing in the outdoor and been bred for mold resistance is Next Generation Seeds company’s, Timewarp

2 Likes

Where are you growing? How long is your summer?
How humid will it be around harvest time…
There’s a lot to consider. Give us something to work with

This will definitely help them in guiding our suggestions moving forward

I’m northern Michigan so humidity can get somewhat higher some year

2 Likes

Similar to upstate ny and northeast than.
I’ve been getting good results with fast photo period. You can find stuff but it’s a lot of work sifting through it all.
You should check out the COPA thread, ny thread and northeast thread. I’m pretty sure that a Michigan thread is also around

2 Likes

I know a guy named Carty who is getting ready to release his

Oregon Kids Oger x Vietnamese Black F3 female… Black Oger
Celtic Stone F4 donkey dik pheno pollen used to create Black Oger 2.0

The CS is known for Megalithic harvests and the Stonehenge part of her mix has Western Winds and boy can she get some big colas…
The dd pheno of this grows a main cola anywhere from 4ft to 9ft above the canopy, outside can get really big.

The Vietnamese Black F3 used was passed out in mass on another site and was grown by many with awesome results and again, big plants.

The Oregon Kid Oger is no slouch, over in Hawaii she spider branched out into a monster… so the mix of these 2 proven powerhouses, My Black Oger x CS I’m expecting big things and would gladly give you a deal on 100…
pm me.

7 Likes

I’m only used to grow outdoors in the north of Europe and in Oz.

If you have to deal with humidity and/or temperatures like in Europe, they’re using stuff like Frisian dew, erdbeerli, Holland’s hope, AMS, c99, skunk, the church just to name a few.
They’re all sort of mould resistant and have a short flower phase.
That’s really what you want to look out for. Either really fast plants or plants which make fluffy buds(like a lot of south east Asian strains)

Take your time and do some research before you buy,it hurts when you loose your crop in the last weeks due to the environment they grow in.
I bet ya, some OGers will be happy to offer you something. Here’s my offer…I have some Erdbeerli x Ogkush Lemonlarry which I tried to give away in the Australian trading corner…but noone seems interested. They’re still up fir grabs, but you gotta find the answer to my question there :joy::v:
Since its got the Erdbeerli (Swiss Strawberry) in it, I’m sure it’s a good strain for outdoor.

If you do so im happy to send them to wherever you live
Cheers, stiff

2 Likes

Lol

In ground with some replaced soil.

Northern Michigan so humidity sometimes can be a factor… summer is a decent three months

1 Like

Then try planting them in an fairly open area where wind will get to them.
My brother just had that issue and he grows in Hungary.
No wind at all and dew on the plants till 11am🫣. Luckily he only lost a small part of his harvest. Best performer was my cross of c99xSowahSherb

3 Likes

rising moon medicinals (northern MI!) and staefli gardens (southern OR) make seeds that do not not care about pests, pathogens or weather. stuff I got from them grew great for me outside in MA last season. Purple Berries and KoffeeF6, respectively were the plants I didn’t have to worry about last year, like, at all💚

2 Likes