Calcium deficiency?

The only ones other than calcium that show rust spots at centre of leaf
other than that i dunnnoooo

1 Like

Did some nute experimenting when they were still in veg before i went out and spent a few bucks on some actual cannabis targeted flowering organics (FF).

I know i nailed one of the plants too hard with nitrogen so this isnā€™t much of a surpriseā€¦ Will never use miracle grow againā€¦ i just wanted to see how it compared (used it last grow all the way to flower with very good resultsā€¦ it was heavily watered down thoughā€¦ like 1/8th of the recommended dose on the back.

Switched over to 100% organic when they went into flower 6 wx ago.

2 Likes

cool, I am trying ā€œchempakā€ for the second year, miracle grow is strong lol dont breathe this
1KG (2,2pounds) makes 1600L (300G) Ā£8 a box

for the chempak you mean?Just googled it- How is it working?

I would have never used MG but i had no idea i could produce the kind of flowers i did last time under compact flourescents so i just assumed it was going to all be cooked out into oil anyway and flushed them heavily.

To my surprise, MG/CFL produced some really good results:

Thats 100% MG general veg and general flower liquid food.

Used MG again for the first month of veg this time and decided to switch over because i was really happy with how the plants were coming in again and i wasnā€™t satisfied with the way the MG grown buds cured out. Now that ive switched, Iā€™ll just keep going down the rabbit hole.

Trying to soak up as much as possible right now so thanks for the input.

Hereā€™s the current grow if youā€™re at all interested:

Well I used chempak on my toms last year and was epic
Using natural ferts on outdoor weed plants as the chemicals need applying too often for guerilla methods.
the High potash works real nice for cannabis though, no add ons required,
complete food. Cheapest way I know to grow good green

I made my own hydro mix using hydrobuddy for a few years I used ā€˜Reactant gradeā€™ 99.9% pure chems and it made a difference over the fertiliser grade chems that are something like 80% pure, you could taste it they were as good as organic in flavour
They were also the most expensive tomatoes Ive ever eaten : ) think I worked out they were ~Ā£3 eachā€¦
:om_symbol:

1 Like

Ah yeah im getting some of that pretty bad on one of my plants that is closest to harvest and have brown tips on a couple of themt (i identified as N burn) ā€¦now that im wrapping my head around this NPK stuff and have switched over to organics itā€™s all making sense.

really am enjoying the fact that i started with bare bones for a couple of grows and learned what is what before investing in a proper setupā€¦ wouldnā€™t have learned half the stuff i did (even about cloningā€¦doing it in dirt, rough with peroxide but it works maybe 40%) had i went out and bought some all in one growing kit or something ā€¦ so many people i know did that when AK legalized a few years back.

cheers

2 Likes

Iā€™m gonna hold my tongue on this one bc I donā€™t wanna give a wrong suggestion.

2 Likes

I mean itā€™s hard to tell ā€¦ a lot of signs are very similar ot each other (Zinc def. vs Nitro burn, etc).

I think itā€™s either a manganese burn. or a calcium def. based on all the visuals ive looked at over the past few days. It looks like rust spots on top-most fan leavesā€¦ lower leaves dont have any of it.

Thank you for the chart! They are so close to harvest that nothing is going to take a hard hitā€¦ The buds are all looking great.

My goal is to have perfect leaves even at harvest (as much as possible anyway) but I probably wont get there until i have a few more grows under my belt.

Learning a lotā€¦ Definitely my new passion.

1 Like

Personally, I like to have my leaves yellow and slowly pluck them off as harvest nears. By plucking them off I mean giving them a little tug and if they fall right off itā€™s a good thing (I take it as a clean plate in that the girl ate all her food)
Yellowing is natural come harvest time as Nitrogen isnā€™t needed in peak flower bc she isnā€™t growing up anymore, just swelling fat.
What you have going on is a little different. What leaves is this showing up on? More upper? More lower?

2 Likes

I was just doing that in my closet a few minutes agoā€¦ Noticed that the plant just sort of aborts the leaf at a certain point and they almost fall right off with the slightest tug like you mentioned.

Guessing that varries from plant to plant.

I have one that has turned almost completely yellow on all fan leaves ā€¦ barely can hold itself up right now, using wire ties to help take some of the bud weightā€¦ fresh green coming in off the buds but fans are all yellowing and even brown/curling up.Itā€™s probably MAX 2 weeks out from harvest, maybe sooner.

Only one plant is showing the ā€˜rust spotsā€™ and its not much at all reallyā€¦ its in a very small pot so it could be respond to the fact that itā€™s intensely rootbound right now. But Iā€™m guessing it just needed less nutrients due to itā€™s relative size to the other plants and got hit a little hard with something. Hasnā€™t worsened at all since i took the original picture.

It was more out of curiosity to be able to identifyā€¦ i doubt it will have much affect on the outcome.

1 Like

I doubt it will either. Sorry if youā€™ve said this already but whatā€™s your full nutrient regimen and medium Soil? Coco? If soil, whatā€™s in your mix? I know you said you were using some Fox Farm bloom, Cal-mag (botanicare?), and molasses. Being that you said itā€™s week 6, I would start slowly dialing down on all your nutes except for things like Kelp for its potassium and molasses for its carbs and magnesium, but honestly if youā€™ve been feeding em a lot maybe just give em water for a bit. I really donā€™t wanna give any suggestions without knowing too much about what the plants already have on the buffet to eat.

Best
Swampy

More often than not in hydro systems there is a PH imbalance when it looks like there is deficiency or lockout.

1 Like

Hey man- Here is a link to my grow- This is only my first indoor grow where ive taken nutrients seriously:

Posted an update picture yesterday

I did not expect to be able to grow decent buds with CFL lighting and was planning on making butter out of everything until i upgraded to HID/LEDā€¦ but the first grow proved that i can actually get decent quality with the current setup so i went out and did some minor purchasing.

So the base is Sunshine #4 soil. I started out using miracle grow veg (I know) and switched over to pure organics right before flower. Im guessing there was nitrogen builduip in the soil even though the MG was heavily diluted. Again, this was going to be a couple of test runs so i didnā€™t want to go out and buy a bunch of nutrients (as i had planned to do a compost pile and do everything right after these two CFL runs with proper lighting).

So basically at flower I contacted a friend who makes compost tea for his plants and started using that in rotation with FF bloom and straight water/molasses. I make calmag out of powdered eggshells mixed with a minor amount of apple cider vinegar and mixed with water and epsom salt for the calcium and magnesium.

I think the compost tea was proabbly pretty rich so i have dialed that back heavily and been switching between once per week heavy big bloom dose and once per week molasses dose with probably 1 pure water in between.

You know, trial and error style. I like to know what Iā€™m seeing so i can adjust and just eventually get a feel for the plant ā€¦ i plan on going full-time horticulture for the rest of my life here in alaska (big plans :slight_smile: )ā€¦ ive got obsession levels of interest in this stuff right now and itā€™s been going strong since popping my first indoor beans a year or so agoā€¦

Luckily i cloned the top of this one so if it does have issues, i will be more careful with the clone as itā€™s a GSC cross - buds are looking sexy af. And the clone will be getting at a 3.5 gallon pot.

one thing i have not touched yet is PH levels. I donā€™t have a kit but will be getting all of that before my next run when i setup the solstrips. The plants are looking great thoughā€¦ really stoked to try a few of theseā€¦ very citrus closet.

Thank you for the feedback man, itā€™s very much appreciated as per usual.

5 Likes