California Seed Exchange

First, I want to start by thanking @shag for the inspiration (Shaggys Island) Hats off to you. :tophat:

This got me thinking it would be nice to have a single space for all of California to have its own mini trade network. I have the idea for a single repository of seeds that can be “Shared Seeds”. The thought is, One central group of seeds ie the exchange housing seeds of all type by donation.

Seeds from donation go 1/1 that way you can diversify your seed collections based on independant trades.

So i don’t have 20 blueberry but can turn that into 4 sets of 5 seeds in different strains.
I can turn my 5 clones of Frozen cherry for 2 pink cookies and 3 black widow’s.

I might be overthinking this or over explaining it because well you know.

12 Likes

Thanks, good to see others with like minds. :grinning:
You know I like the idea…LOL

I know @crownpoodle is from Cali, he is a bit of a wild child but an all around good dude. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

He would be a good edition to your group, he always seems to find away to get his hands on some real good old school beans too.

He does have a bit of a seed addiction so he may gobble up good beans you provide him with.

Good luck on the adventure.
Shag

7 Likes

@Ris sounds reasonable. Last couple years, I’ve come across very few from Ca on the forums I’m on, or ones who admit it. Bunch of freaks here. I’m Cen Cal. Tried to connect as they were both in areas I visit, but nothing came of it. @shag do I need to update my decoder ring?

2 Likes

As a Californian of 44 years & 1 in Hawai’i I must say :sweat_smile: hell no, ahem CA is spoiled enough with the weed :joy:

But whatevers… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

there are a ton of california growers on these forums but all “meetup” or event type stuff seems to fizzle out. its not all that surprising. on the seed exchange front, the mods who run the official seed boxes put quiet a bit of work into that. is there something specific youre looking for? seeds are pretty easy to trade throughout the US, just make sure there is enough padding to avoid the rollers smashing them

3 Likes

Yes I agree. Trading within the US Borders is better than limited potential. I’m in Canada and won’t do cross border trades anymore. The Borders are the issue.

5 Likes

Southern California here. About an hour south of Bakersfield. Iv been looking for people locally to meet and trade. Have sesh. All that. Would be awesome

2 Likes

I’m originally from Norwalk, probably close.

1 Like

Bay Area and interested.

Peace

2 Likes

Im all for a meet up but more interested in trading/networking/exchanging etc. Also clone trading would be nice to incorporate

@LivingBlackSoil - Im Bay Area adjacent Manteca
@SativaKid - I have family in Downey, i visit couple times a year
@McKushin - Drive through there a few times a year headed to LA
@sardinebags - Not looking for anything specific but more just gauging interest.

3 Likes

I think there is a thread somewhere on here called California clone exchange or something along those lines where I attempted to do the same thing , there are quite a few of us here in California , I’m about 2 hours east of San Francisco myself but the thread never amounted to much.

3 Likes

Anaheim myself just popping my head up and looking around.

3 Likes

@Lorax17 I’ve been hunting the SoCal master kush for a long time , if you ever come across it down there please sound the alarms.

3 Likes

Ill create a few polls in order to get some general ideas of what this will be.

Interested?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

What are we looking for most?
  • Seeds
  • Clones
  • Just Networking
  • Something Else

0 voters

What Key Features should CSE have? Select Multiple
  • Exchanges
  • Donations
  • Raffle
  • Lottery
  • Wish List
  • Not Listed (Add Comment instead)

0 voters

1 Like

I have Julius ceasar, so cal master kush cross with sfv og

5 Likes

I have those beans as well :grin:

1 Like

Haha. Have you grown it out? I plan on Crossing it to my Tahoe male and then back crossing the babies back to the moms cuts. Just curious on the terps of Jc.

1 Like

Here is what i have; Let me know if anything interests you

LSD
Strawberry Cheesecake
Pineapple Express
White Widow
Zombie Death Fuck
Chocolopez
Blue Gold
Alien OG
Blue Light District
Durban Blues
White Rhino
Skunk#1 X Blue Cookies
NL#5 X Blue Cookies
Fantasmo (CBD)
Cherry Brandy
Lucifer’s Big Buddy
Strawberry Stomper
24K X Lemon Pie
Waterstone
Frankenbubble
Wedding Cake x PPP
Grape Crush x X-60
Pink Panama (CBD)
Black Cream
Auto mix
gelonade x jack
Lennon/Skywalker Ghost Triangle Kush
C99
Blueberry Diesel

6 Likes

Adding the following to my list and trying to keep this thread alive

Blackberry Auto
Blueberry Auto
Girl Scout Cookies Auto
Skunk Auto
Peanut Butter Breath
Blue Kush
Green Crack
Purple Kush
Blue zkittles
Bubba OG

5 Likes

Borders are no issue in 2023 lol. I’ve sent and received clones from Cali and other US states and the boxes were delivered stinking lol. We’re not in the 80’s anymore and they have definitely become more relaxed about our wonderful plant :grin:

4 Likes