CaliMagic Dosing

CaliMagic directions say, “use 1 ml per liter (1 teaspoon per gallon)”. A teaspoon is 5ml though and a gallon is roughly 3.8 liters so shouldn’t a full dose of CaliMagic be more like 4ml per gallon?

I grow in coco using RO water and I feel like it’s pretty important to make sure I’m getting my nutrient ratios on point. I never thought much about it until I realized That CaliMagic is contributing the most to my EC, like half my EC is CaliMagic, not sure if that’s normal or not. So I have tried contacting General Hydroponics multiple times and never get any response so I’m hoping someone here has some insight or am I over thinking this? Thanks in advance.

4 Likes

It depends on how much Calcium and Magnesium is present in the remaining fertilizer you also add after your calimagic. You can also go the EC way and add your calimagic until RO water + calmag = 0,4 EC then add rest of fertilizer.

5 Likes

I second the valid response you received on the same question you posted on 420 magazine last night.

3 Likes

Most full Hydro systems we run 2 to 5 mil per gallon completely changed over weekly. Most of us add an Epson salts at Minimum half a teaspoon per gallon to offset the extra cal mag in the ratio as it has to be in line. But these are in full hydro systems, not Coco. Most of my friends they grow in Coco do not add Epson salt however they run pretty heavy cal mag up to 5mil per gal. If you’re within these general guidelines You should be ok. Make sure you’re mixing Cal Mag into your reservoir first. You’re adding RO water and it needs to be mixed in the right sequence or nutrients will fall out. Taken into consideration your nutrient program. Most of these manufactures offer a complete line make sure you’re not missing a vital component. Cal Mag and or Epson salt (magnesium) are supplements to a full feeding program that you can basically bump up to match the increased nutrients throughout the growth. Cheers !!!

2 Likes

Im using RO water and growing in coco. Using Masterblend nutes I’ve found I need to use 2ml per gallon to not have any deficiencies.

1 Like