Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Lol! That’s is freezing!

My plants are healing up great after my newb prune crazy mistake. Bushy and green again.

My 9lbhammer is super stunted though…17 Days An day maybe 3” tall lol . . . . Filling up within the first branch about 1/2” from the soil. My timer got messed up and I was givng them two 4 hour Darin periods within 24 hours…didn’t realize a program was set …4am-8am ans My actual time of fashion 330pm-730pm.

Might have gone on for a week …not sure the effects of this…guessing big delay in growth growth…

9lb hammers Looks like a dwarf plant!! WIll update pics tomorrow of the little green goblins.

5 Likes

Recovery: day 19
9lb hammer is the short dwarf

Bubba is skinny mini

I will upload the well recovered S.S. later. … all seem healthy atm.

Sherbet sunrise

6 Likes

Day 19
All 3. 9lb is shaping up!
Bubba is droopy…maybe too much Water
s.s looking fine

5 Likes

I forgot about you. I see you got your second light. Man I thought where of to a great start. You been checking your ph? I feel like you’re girls should be close to a foot tall. The little trim should have only set you back 4 to 5 days tops. That blurple light driving you nuts yet. They look like they would give me a headache.

1 Like

Right…?
They are indica too…
BUt I thought a bit slow?..
I don’t think think they we’re root bound…

The are starting To pick up the pace now.

I’ve got my ph pen now, and strips. At first. Calibrated the pen.

I think my timer mess up didn’t help. The lights were shutting off an extra 4 hours a day while i was sleeping for a week at the start.

:frowning: I am still rooting for them though. I might try from seed later in the winter . And I am go gonna pick a 4th clone this week and see whats goin on.

3 Likes

They are def blurple lol just looked.
I think they’ will be alright … I’ll giv the morning 7 more days to bounce back

9lb is 3.75”

Bubba 5”

S.s.8”

4 Likes

Yeah, there not root bound. That sucks about your light. Just hang in there. I’ll check in later. :v:

3 Likes

Okay my brothers n sistas.

Here is my plants under regular light!!!

A bit dwarfy and a bit of nute burn on a few spts. Soils almost dry s9 hopefully 2 more days I will feed PH BALANCed water.

Im rooting for this guy even though so short. looks bushier every day. Nodes are really close to each other .

And here’ bubba

This is my biggest. ITS A Bit older also.

8 Likes

Not looking to bad. The Bubba might be over watering. I like to let my soil dry just about completely out before I water. Hold off on watering until the pot feels light. Here is an article on clawing / curling leaves.

I hope this helps. Other then that things are looking good.

3 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, I can see a slight green in the soil , I’d let them dry out at least half way threw the pot before watering , i let mine dry out all the way unless the plant tells me it thirsty.

2 Likes

I am being as patient as a kid at Christmas!!!

Some Leaves are going Pale green. Needing nutrients maybe…

However I may jus take do a firs time PH pen balanced water as previous was with a Strip and high 7s.

The top 1/3 is dry. I anticipate half tomorrow.

After tomorrows lights out period i will decide.

Thanks.

I hear some the Pale green leaves meant it’s time for nutrients. Any claims to this.

None of them Fromm those pictures, this is about 12 hours later.

2 Likes

You want your ph 6.5. I dont think your soil is depleted of nutes just yet. Light green leaves at the tip ant always bad. They have always grown out of that when they got bigger. A second opinion is always good. If you want to try nutes I would go light on them. See what happens. You can work your way up.
Right now I’m having issues with my soil. So I’m not so confident in that department atm.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your time.

I have my water around 6.4-.6.5 last i checked. With only one drop,of ph down to get there.

I had to re do my rese4voir a few times as if first time I used a a squirt of Down and up to get whERE I NEEDED ph LOL but my friend advised u don’t want want to flip flop using ph e balancers .

So I did dump reservoirs and checked ph , dropped too mcuch. DUmped it, refilled and used a mini drop of PH then a mini drop again to get to 6.4-6.6

My nute mixed was conveniently 6.4 when I checked all on it’s own! Remo calc works well i guess!

I agree, em soil has lots of nutrienta i think also. So just water wil be fine .
Thanks again

3 Likes

From what I’ve gathered in the past usually the only time you want to start using nutes is a little after you start flowering. By then most of your nutes in the soil will be mostly depleted.

1 Like

Day 31 - NYE

My 9lb hammer is filling out, super thick stalks and since inmoved lights UP they are starting too stretch finally,

My originals goal was for some short and bushy plants. They are def short. BUT I believe believe first lights I bought weee absolute garbage, and the lights were too low , along with many mistakes.

Bubba had an accident, lost 1 of 3 main branches . TIED it out of way to open up and it split. Tried saving it for a day or two but cut it off , too much lost energy

Lights are a bit higher than this now, Nd I gotta my newer light on . And another small ones to help with heat. really loving the 9lb im, i think i will be cloning it later on before flower!

11 Likes

That light looks beastly! Its got a veg setting and a flower setting? I snapped a couple branches of this current grow. With soil the trick is to do your training right before you water. There more flexible then. But when the get bigger give them a little pinch to crush the cell wall enough to position it where you want it. Seems harsh but she will bounce back.

2 Likes

How many days of veg are you. Are you really seeing a difference in the light?

1 Like

I have only had the light for 2 days now. And I have it on VEG only. The bloom has more red in it!

The light has a huge area coverage I think the plants like it so far!!! I love the light . It’s holding temperature also , takes a bit to heat up tent , but it’s steady around 23-23.5 celcius.

I have had them for 30 days Now. With that serious prune job about 10 days in lol. I would say with all the mistakes I am set back 7 days, between transplanting too soon and taking a while to acclimate to new pot size and my timer fuckps, over watering.

SO this next week is going now To be very intersting, I Am not going to touch the 9lb and see what happens.

THe S.S. That’s tied down I will leave as is with no more interference . I should have waited before tyin it down that probly delayed it’s vertical growth as we’ll…

4 Likes

You got it Growing on. Yeah I seen all the red already I couldn’t believe it got more red. The light looks good tho. I see the coverage is awesome. I’m happy for you. But it seems like you have learned alot this go around. Next time will be easier. I would give them at least 2 weeks before you flip. The 9lb looks the best. Dont worry the other will fill out before you know it.

3 Likes

HEy bro,
Got my new light, again lol I want to keep it for flower . But i have to try it out.

Day 36

8 Likes