Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Thank you!

I guess I went backwards from what you did.
This is before any human attack

7 Likes

Nice, this was my last bud run. 2 Maui Waui, 2 Shiva Skunk. Came out ok.

11 Likes

Finish strong then. I wouldn’t worry about this too much, especially if you know a male wasn’t the cause for any pollination. Doug nailed it too; what’s a few seeds to pluck in your otherwise dank nuggets?

It’s hard to say too what made your plant hermie. Could be genetics, stress, conditions, or a combo. Some strains are more prone to hermaphroditism and will start showing signs if left very late in flower (don’t let this dissuade you from finishing). You’re doing well brother. Keep on keeping on :v:t2:

4 Likes

Now those are some healthy looking plants !

Incredible use of space as well!

I appreciate the kind words . I learned alot from my first run - so my next will be much better - unless this was beginners luck!! Haha I doubt it though .

Appreciate the quick replys. I was panicking :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

This is from what I just trimmed ! All the lower little buds.
It’s nice to know now for next time what these little side branches can produce!

5 Likes

Wow you have been busy! You have had a lot of good answers to your questions. Like what @anon20530495 said, everyone has different ways going about EVERYTHING. Ultimately it’s something you will get a feel for and your going to tweek certain aspects of your grow/harvest.
Don’t have the fan on your harvest. You just want the air moving around. After 24 hours cut off the fan. Just let them hang. I give them about 3 to 4 days. If they feel like there getting too dry you can put em in a paper bag for a little bit. I did a little dance this last harvest. Pulling them out and putting them back in. Mind the buds the less you handle the better. There is the Grove Bags I want to use for the curing process.

You dry your buds then put em in the bag and leave them. They have a build an order option. You don’t have to buy in bulk. These are a game changer.

4 Likes

heh heh!!
yes I made a few decisions and mistakes in a short period lol

sought OG for help

boy am i glad that the admins made me this diary back in December!
i would be lost!!

now as for harvest and drying, its a whole new ball game!
i think i rushed this plant a bit, but as i mentioned i was fairly eager to experience the process, which in some scenarios can be a big mistake.

i have been setting my humidity reader in different spots to try and locate the best spot without much intervention
i like the idea of cutitng the fan after 24 hours.
we live in a very humid area. and my basement especially is humid. ive been removing two loads of water from my dehumifier a day/night. what a difference.
its usually cold in the basement but now the temperature is noticeably warmer

I will be testing the product tomorrow! am looking forward to it!!

2 Likes

I will shortly be putting an oz into one of those bags to test, will update that thread when done. If they can stop you from having to burp jars they could be great.

1 Like

Yeah most definitely let us know @DougDawson . Thank you sir.

The first one is always a lil rushed.
Key: remember what you did wrong past grows and what you can improve on. It sometimes doesn’t get easier. Expecally when you want to run different strains all the time like myself.

Hey @Calix ! Found your thread and have been reading along.

Those buds turned out great ! Now the hardest part for every new grower - THE CURE. Hehe :wink:

For dry trim vs wet trim - it all depends where you are located. People who live in drier climates usually tend to do a dry trim. Where those with higher humidity levels do a wet trim - so they can eliminate mould or bud rot.

I always dry trim because my climate. But I’ve done both; and personally think dry trims a breeze. Scissors don’t get as sticky heh.

I’ve also ruined lots by doing wet trim and over drying buds! Ouch; hard lessons bro but I’m sure we all have done it. Dry those buds as slow as possible and keep and eye on humidity level… I personally like 58% humidity while hanging…

Peace bro you have a lot of good help here :slight_smile: just thought I’d say hello and throw in my 2 cents.

:maple_leaf:

Edit - oh btw those nanners- don’t stress em unless you have other plants in different stages of flower nearby.

3 Likes

Howdy! Thanks for the input!
I am going to try some wet trim an dry trim!

Smoke report - It wasn’t as dry as I thought…There must have just moisture inside the bud still and It seeped out , redampening the whole bud!
Couldn’t get a joint burn!

The first one burned well and smoked great but the following I rolled too tight and it was too wet! Managed to get a third one burning.

Amazing effects.still buzzed 8 hours later hah going to sleep well tonight.

I can tell the drying process and curing will not be easy. Or a fast process.

I have buds hanging from Tuesday and they are rock hard on the exterior , like it’s covered in resin .

This is going to require patience !

3 Likes

I truely appreciate your time and experience Mr.Leaf!

I am just exhausted at the moment and can’t muster up the energy to reply wholeheartedly lol!

Your words are not going unappreciated :). I Am toast and ready for the bed.

2 Likes

Focusing on another plant now

Flowering very nicely. Beautiful buds.

How ever a few days ago i.noticed a crown appearing right at top of the main cola. With white/yellow hairs emerging. Where the rest of the plant the hairs have turned red.

Seem like a new stage of growth …

It’s now happening on multiple bud sites.

Any ideas on these ‘crowns’

7 Likes

How much P and K are you pushing these days? Any issues with heat?

I did my last round of nutrients 7 days ago I think it was 51 ml of each nutrient .I’m not sure I can calculate exactly the phosphorus and nitrogen.

Micro-bloom -velokelp - natures kandys and astroflower are the nutrients.
No heat stressed highs of 23 24 low of 15.5 . Daytime high and overnight low…

These are in the 8th week now. Well- day 63- end of 7th

The previous plant is finally starting to show some discolouration in the Leafs indicating flush is working…I’m glad I waited to chop whole.plant.

I am pretty well flushing these other plant also. Hoping for a 9-10week harvest…maybe I should.do one more feed of nutes?

Yeah it didn’t really look like fox tailing anyway, but thought I’d ask about heat. I’m not savvy enough with the site to know how to post from a separate thread, but this is verbatim from @ifish’s Mapito thread. You may be pushing too much P this late in flower. That would explain the new growth. Fish is a wise man. Hope he doesn’t mind me tagging him here :v:t2:

“The plant needs p and k togeather to make new buds form so at week 8 when we see calx start to fatten we drop p , so now we have given the signal to plant to finish , no confusion , without p and k togeather all the plant can do now is ripen and finish as all it has is,mostly k in feed

People that feed p and k after w8 even at a lower ppm , always say " my plant keeps on pushing out new buds ,excessive foxtailing etc and dos not want to finish , this is because the plant thinks it has a chance to survive longer and get pollinated , as it can still produce more buds kind off as enough p still in feed with the k ( survival mode )”

3 Likes

Wow man thank you!!!
Definitely no more nutes LOL

I followed REMO calculatorfor my nute feed and I think week 7 was last feed.

That makes so much sense .

I will flush when I get home. That is what I’ll do today.

Is it required for the plant leaves to begin to die off before harvest ? Or is it just good indicators that your plant Has flushed it self of nutrients?

1 Like

Some folks don’t flush at all my friend. If you are going the flush route, a fade, in the fan leaves especially, is indication that the plants are becoming void of nutes. No need to wait until leaves start falling off though. You also don’t want to flush too early as to encourage deficiencies. However, I don’t think you have that problem.