Chez Calix - Journey of a Junior grower

Hell yeah man! Looking really good. Really happy for you.
You in flower yet. If not I would really consider it if you want to keep all those in there.

THanks Jon!!!
I just Fed nutes today .

My friend mentioned the wedding cake stretches a lot in flower…lol I said there is no room as is!!!

He has a few directions for me for whenever I go Into flower. Some additional nutrients and candy or something? Astro rock or something like that.

It should be soon I agree. The end of this week I guess…

temperatures are still difficult to control at this time of year, I was hoping to make it to a point that I wouldn’t need To use space heater. Especially where I need complete darkness, I will can’t leave tent open with space heater on. I will have to do a heated lung room again…for the first 2-3 weeks.

I will have to raise the lights and get some stake stakes to support the branches,

2 Likes

I recommend you take 2 clones fome each plant. Do you have a fish tank air pump a couple air stones? Make a small 2 gallon cloner. Or just get some Root Tech clone gel… I’d your interested I’ll walk you thru it.

3 Likes

I do have the pump and stones.
I need to get a decent dome from the garden shop.
I have the gel also.

My last three attempts failed went through 12 peat pods!
I dont think my subjects we’re good for clones
They are healthy and strong now so hopefully this go around they will take

I will also take much better cuttings so I think that will help . My previous attempts we’re not good

I will let you know when i get the dome this weekend.

Thanks for reminding me to take clones!!!

1 Like

Everyone is using just tap water in the beginning. Then some rooter stuff afterwards. Im not sure the gel will work in a bubble cloner.

Here is what I use for cloning. Just plain tap water. No dome.
My homemade bubble cloner
There are lots of versions of this, but you get the idea. :smiley:

2 Likes

My man Floyd. I was going to hook him up with your DIY. Haha.

2 Likes

i use spring water as recommended by oxyclone in my oxyclone

1 Like

Spring water huh? That’s a first for me. Maybe for the minerals in the water?

1 Like

i assume so , ill read the manual again if it explains why i will get back to you

1 Like

looked on their site as i couldnt find my book ,bought it 4 years ago lol copied this from oxyclone site

Setting up the oxyCLONE

Fill the oxyCLONE with water to the fill line. We have found the best results from bottled spring water. Municipal tap water is also acceptable, and the chlorine has proven beneficial. We do not recommend using reverse osmosis or distilled water with the oxyCLONE.

• oxyCLONE 20 - use 1.75 gallons of water
  • oxyCLONE 40 - use 3.7 gallons of water
  • oxyCLONE 80 - use 7 gallons of water

Place the Active Aqua submersible pump, with Venturi air intake tubing attached, so that it sits below the fill line with the suction cups against the wall. The air tube, Venturi tube, and power cord will come out of the oxyCLONE through the small cutout in the back of the cover. Click on the thumbnails below to view the proper positioning of all components.

oxyCLONE 20

oxyCLONE 40

oxyCLONE 80

Remove all packaging from your Active Aqua air pump. Connect one end of the ¼" clear tubing to the air pump outlet, then connect the opposite ends of the clear tubing to the inlet of the air stone. NOTE: Make sure to mount the air pump unit on a stable dry surface above the water level near a 120V power source.

Position the air stone at the center of the bottom of the reservoir, directly in front of your Active Aqua submersible pump. Please note that the included air stone by Active Aqua will begin producing bubbles as soon as you set up your oxyCLONE. However, the air stone will produce even more bubbles after it has become fully saturated. The saturation process may take a day or two, but this will not delay the rooting process.

Plug in the air pump and the submersible pump. Observe the aeration of the water and make sure you are getting plenty of bubbles and movement. If you are not, you may reposition the water pump and adjust the Venturi air valve until you feel that you are receiving the maximum turbulence (the turbulence provides vital oxygenation). You can adjust the air and water pumps for minimum or maximum oxygenation. Run your oxyCLONE continuously 24 hours per day.

Attach cover (lid). The cover fits very snugly inside the rim. The tight fit helps to prevent leaks and maintain high levels of humidity and oxygen inside the cloning chamber.

Since thye mention no ro I again Ass u me its the minerals @LilJonB

3 Likes

Could very well be. Thanks for your effort :+1:.

1 Like

not a problem at all I didnt remember if it explained why and was curious, that excerpt from there site is the same thing as was in the book.

1 Like

I know there are some minerals in my tap water. I believe unless its RO water there will be some minerals. Not positive about it though.

2 Likes

Just noticed this.

3 Likes

i put a shot glass of tap in but my tap is real bad , we dont drink it

3 Likes

Our municipal water is good to drink, but I still buy jugs of RO water for my water cooler.

2 Likes

YIkes…I was hoping I could just put them in the pods in the humidity dome. I bought one today, and pods.

The plants need to go into flower this weekend so I took cuttings today so they could recover a bit…

The wedding cake is going to stretch A lot …I don’t think il have room.

Can the plants become root bound in flower and be Impacted negatively…??
Check out new pics lol
Might be similar to last ones. BUt they are ready . Just need to control the temperature during dark time…and control darkness

I am going to get some of those cheap humidity catchers to control humidity a Bit…

This is my favourite one

Wedding cake

And sir bushy

10 Likes

Don’t worry, you can clone like that. Many people do it like that. Open the dome once or twice a day and mist them lightly with water. You want to keep the humidity up.

I use old plastic soda cups from the gas station. They work for one seedling or a clone.
I have a problem with my temps getting to hot during the day. So my lights get ran at night. Just make sure they stay on long enough to get in there and do what you gotta do. I pushed my time forward a little bit more then I would like due to over sleeping way longer then I should. Hehe.

2 Likes