Can I mix Coco Coir with a peat moss soil

So my question is can I
50% Miracle grow moisture control with 20 % buffered coco coir and 30 % perlite

can’t I just reduce my dolomite lime add

Will my PH stay neutral at 7

2 Likes

Welcome to OG. Coco and Perlite are PH neutral I believe so it should not effect your PH. Don’t know about the Miracle grow.

2 Likes

I’d stick with just 3:1 coco to perlite and just run it hydro. Honestly that miracle grow soil specifically is really bad. Its mostly half rotten woodchips. You will do better with regular MG soil than that one.

3 Likes

thanks peace

3 Likes

Welcome @ColeLennon! Good to have you here. Can’t wait to see your grow. You might want to introduce yourself here: Introduce Yourself @OG

2 Likes

Hey @ColeLennon, welcome to Overgrow!!

I guess you probably noticed, Miracle Gro does not have much of a ‘fan base’ here, long story… :laughing:

I hope you have a good look around, there’s lots of great projects on the go and be sure to ask questions!
Post a grow thread when you get started, lots of folks around to give advice as you need it. :sunglasses: :+1:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Miracle grow is excellent potting soil for a lot of things… but marijuana is not one of them. You ask about 50 /20/ 30 %… I have to ask why and where did you come up with said ratio. There are professional soiless companies who’ve already done this aspect for you. First let me say welcome colin its good to have you here. You’ve come to the right place for learning to grow MJ. I always tell people keep things as simple as possible. Over complicating things is the highway to hell. Pick a proven pre-made soilless mix or medium and start with that. These are usually ph neutral or close and have a ph buffer in them. I’m a fan of promix it works fine right out of the bag or bale. As you get to know it you could add a bit more perlite or dolmitic limestone. But it’ll work fine without it. There are many similar products out there. If you have your heart set on coco for some reason stay with another inert soiless component. Keep things simple and do less not more. Most MJ growing mistakes are grower created by way overdoing/over complicating things. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Sure you can. Not a bad ratio at all.

Can’t guarantee it’ll hold pH at exactly 7 but it should get you fairly close.

1 Like