Can I re-use my"TLO" soil right away after I take out a male?

I’m at day 41
I’m wondering"IF" some of these turn out to be male; could I simply re-plant into that soil?
OR do I have to keep it separate and start a NEW bin for my re-ammending? Ive never done “Organic” soil to this extent b4. Ive always simply bought pre made soil in the past. (More for the sheer convenience of it) But it was also a fair bit cheaper (less costly) to buy bags of pre made soils. With that being said; this way that I’m doing now is definitely the better route in the long run. Now that I have ALL the soil amendments, it goes alot further and its re-use able. I’m just wondering if it’s ok to re plant into the soil right away. Or if I should simply stay safe and start my “USED” soil pile? What do you guys think?

5 Likes

I’m not an organics fan but from what I have readen, yes, you can. You may make amendments later on if needed … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yes, no problems, as @George said. There’s a couple ways to play it. You can amend through top dressing or you can amend with liquid ferts as required.

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Dig a hole right next to the stump as the old root die they leave easy tunnels for the new roots to easily spread “old roots have nutes “ top dress occasionally and you are golden!

6 Likes

Screw that! Lol go to the “dark side “ Luke!

3 Likes

I don’t use liquid nutes at all! Except Some good ole organic tea! I have a brand new bottle of “Emerald Goddess” that I ended up getting stuck with! But the darn thing was like $50cdn and then I realized it’s best if I DON’T use it! Anyone using it or ever use “Emerald Goddess” liquid nutes?

3 Likes

For the record, I don’t either but I acknowledge that the ‘dark Side’ exists…
:japanese_goblin: :innocent:

Cheers
G

2 Likes

Lol! We need somewhere to practice our voodoo magic!

4 Likes

Chop the mail plant up and place it on top of the soil. It will compost and return all the nutrients to the new seedling. Isnt that how it works in nature? The old decomposing plants nourish the new generation.
:+1::seedling:

6 Likes

I heard that using the decomposing weed plants b4 their degraded really brings up the acidity of the soil! Which makes sense… But I’m really not sure.

Incase no one mentioned it if the male was close to dropping pollen I would mix it up real good and give it a little water to kill any stray pollen though I’m sure it’s probably sterile after it lays on the dirt for a while

3 Likes