Can we get a collective donation for this?

So my never ending search for who has the original genetics of skunk #1 have finally led me to this Mel Frank is releasing his original 88’ skunk#1 to the public. Great news you say but here’s the problem, their $20 a seed. Yes. You heard right. So I was wondering if we could get a group collaboration donation to obtain a decent quantity to do an open pollination on them and some one or someone’s volunteer preferably a very reputable old school on here grow them out OP and divide up the seeds with the donors. ??? Anyone interested?
Here’s some info as well as a term profile on this strain sorry I could get the pic info but the f you look up Mel franks skunk #1 one of the websites I think strainly or something like that is were I sourced the info. If you look at the picture shown of the skunk #1 and then look up Vintage SSSC catalogs from the years 88’-89’ it’s an EXACT copy of the skunk 1.
Thanx everyone hope we can get some people on board.

Skunk No. 1, acquired by Mel Frank directly from Skunkman Sam in 1988. Mel personally grew theses seeds himself. If you have been looking for authentic Skunk No.1, this is it.

Very limited quantities. Price per seed.

Varietal type: IBL (in-bred line)
THC %: 15.0
Cannabinoids: High THC / Low CBD
Terpenes:
3-Carene
Alpha Humulene
Alpha Pinene
Alpha Terpinene
Beta Caryophyllene
Beta Pinene
Bisabolol
Camphene
Caryophyllene
Cymene
Eucaliptol
Gamma Terpinene
Geraniol
Guaiol
Isopulegol
Limonene
Linalool
Myrcene
Nerolidol 1
Nerolidol 2
Ocimene
Terpinolene
Valencene
Flowering: 60 - 70 days
Yield: Medium
Height: Medium
Indoor / Outdoor:
Indoor
Outdoor
Climate:
Hot
Temperate
Cool
Hybrid cultivars: Skunk #1
Quantity available: 100

15 Likes

Your speaking of the beans tom is selling correct ?

2 Likes

Yes bud that’s them!

1 Like

He defiently has some interesting genetics going on.

2 Likes

Sam was never known for having great skunk he actualy helped ruin it but the older beans are the best bet.

4 Likes

Yes he does I guess Mel is on the tail end of his life and finally wanting to open up his collection to the public, I figure if we can get 10-15 people to pitch in $20 we could all split the seeds after an op and preserve the genes.

5 Likes

Would be neat to do and see what lies within, hard to get people on board though I’ve been suggesting doing this with somas lavender but it hasent happend yet. I was even willing to go half on a pack if somebody in a country that can order from him was willing to do it.

3 Likes

No but this skunk 1 is before it got whored out in Amsterdam I don’t think Mel frank would have this in his stable if it wasn’t real deal. I’ve crossed referenced it to nevilles SSSC catalogs from 88-89 and the pic on toms site is an exact copy of skunk #1 from SSSC. Also if anyone still would have it it would be Mel.

4 Likes

I do agree it looks spot on with old skunk plants. I had one that looked identical but smelled more earthy then skunky so I bred with it and let it go to hunt for another. I think just about every breeder out there is looking and hoping for a good rks skunk.

3 Likes

But if we can’t get any donors I’ll buy 10 seeds at $200 and do an op and keep em myself. Lol

1 Like

Yeah I don’t know man if RKS is still around that’s why I would want to get the closest thing to original skunk as I could, even if it’s not RKS.

I plan to get somas lavendar someday somehow but I want to op and give out as many as I can once he stops carrying it.

4 Likes

I hear ya bud. That’s what I would want to do as well but I think the people that would donate should get the beans first then we could all pitch in and donate the rest here.

2 Likes

hope we can get some donors and a reputable grower here to make all this possible for us kinda like a go fund me but everyone would benefit.

1 Like

I’d have to see and smoke it to pay that much for seeds. I have alot of respect for todd but I’m a poor farmer lol

4 Likes

I can chip in a bit in a few weeks

2 Likes

Cool man awesome that would be perfect , I will set a date deadline in a day or to and payment info to give everyone a chance to pitch in .

02/29/2020

4 Likes

As well as get a reputable person here mod, or highly respected person here to setup the donations and then find a reputable grower to do the OP.

He’s the one who started selecting the sweet phenos to breed with correct?

Yes but this one is pre Amsterdam given to Mel frank by Sam before it was whored out. I know for sure it’s the 88’ if it’s not RKS it’s the closest thing to it before it became poly hybridized. It’s gonna be the exact same skunk that duke diamond has maybe better than the one he got from SSSC back in the early 90’s and I have quite a bit of dukes gear not ALL but he’s my favorite breeder.

1 Like