Can we get a strain preservation sub category possibly? Good idea or bad?

Breeder category is great but what does anyone think about having an extra sub category dedicated to preservation of regular seeds of oldschool genetics?

I think theres a lot of great preservation type of work everyone is doing, the scope of this I still cant even fathom, ive learned a lot and seen a lot already. Meaning everyone is doing great preservation and has great knowledge of it too. I dont know of anywhere else doing it better. I also would suggest for it to be regular seeds because in terms of preservation those are the most reliable. Even if its a bad idea for the website or forum, I do think everyone is doing exceptional efforts and is amazing for this

9 Likes

I always support any efforts to make the forum more organized :+1:

My two cents. In general, we try to keep the number of categories low. We have tags at our disposal, which are still not used as much as I would like. #preservation

Using tags more frequently would greatly enhance the organization of the forum.

13 Likes

Where would I find a list of tags available?

6 Likes

In the menuā€¦

https://overgrow.com/tags

Only regulars (tl3+) can create new tags though.

We have only few Tag Groups now and it would probably deserve some timeā€¦ Iā€™m looking for ideas on moreā€¦

• Lighting
  • Regions
  • Strains
  • Techiques
11 Likes

Doh!
Thank you!

6 Likes

definitely a strong vote for Strains #hashtags ā€œTag Groupsā€ that would probably help categorize them individually really well sounds cool. stoked to be here yalls website is awesome and well planned out already it is great . Such as #GodsGift or #SweetNightmare

1 Like

Can you please explain how to best utilize and execute the use of this feature?

Sorry, Iā€™m a tad denseā€¦

2 Likes

Sureā€¦

1. Use relevant and specific tags: Choose tags that accurately describe the content of your post. This will help other users easily find and navigate to posts that are relevant to their interests.

2. Use multiple tags if needed but avoid over-tagging. Keep it relevant. The less is better.

3. Monitor popular tags. Go to your Profile ā†’ Tags and set tags you are interested in to receive notifications of new topics.

4. Search for posts using tags: Use tags to search for posts on topics that interest you or relate to your post. This can help you find relevant content.

Here is a topic about tags: Topic tagging - the best way to organize your topics

8 Likes