Can we talk birds?

We added a new family member last night. Unfortunately, his owner passed from a heart attack over the weekend. We took him in. And I was surprised that he is already out of his cage, talking up a storm, and all over us already. :+1:.

36 Likes

He’s very lucky to be placed in a new home so quickly. And you’re lucky that he’s opened up to your family so quickly. I have a friend who had one for decades…and guess what his name was…Lucky!

Birds shouldn’t be caged, IMO - so I hope you give him an open-door policy whenever possible (but only indoors!).

Good luck…and I’m sorry for your loss if you were close to his previous owner.

11 Likes

Here’s my buddy Kelli he’s been with me now 37 years got him when he was 3 months

I’m 67 now so he will go to my daughter at some point

I had a yellow collar McCall but he actually escaped the house and is living the good live somewhere

28 Likes

I just cannot bring myself to own a bird but it is beautiful. Really cool it took to you all so quickly. Shame the circumstances but great that you were willing to open your home.

6 Likes

Thank you guys :+1:
@Purple-N-Hairy he is already out of his cage :+1: we are actually going to build him a walk in cage as part of the house, complete with a water fall. Kinda going to be the focal point. He is about to be spoiled beyond his dreams, I just hope I can train him and fly him :+1:

Don’t mind that back wall, we are under constant construction and that’s a temp wall.

13 Likes

17 Likes

My sons conure. Begging for a finger ride.

16 Likes

One of my boys

26 Likes

That’s my favorite bird! Although I have a soft side for the albino males. They are very fancy birds. Annoying as hell, our neighbor has 6 or 10,… Everyday they caw and caw. Or whatever the sound is. That’s very cool to have a peacock!

3 Likes

Mine never make a noise.
If they have a female they stay quiet

4 Likes

They must not have one, these birds sound off in the mornings and evenings.

3 Likes

I’ve heard peacocks make that noise.
I thought about it before I got mine.
One time our female was out while they were in the coop and they started doing that. I made sure she stays close now lol

4 Likes

So long as he has flight feathers, its just a case of fitness and stamina as to him wanting to fly. My African grey would fly all over the house and crash land into the curtains when he was tired lol.

5 Likes

[smh]

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

no thanks. :blush: chickens are enough for me, the rest need to stay with you all! :laughing:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Have you seen my profile photo :grin:
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

10 Likes

LMAO, I have NOW…hahaha

2 Likes

Haha, we have lots of chickens, and guineas. Throw a few ducks in also…haha

3 Likes

Pic? Those can be super bossy themselves. Our flock of 6 likes to follow you around and tell you exactly what to do.

Just to keep it fun, every once in awhile I pop off with some random stuff back at them, like, Louise, don’t you ever call me that again! I already told you we don’t talk like that here!

I’m sure the neighbors think I’m nuts. :joy:

8 Likes

:sweat_smile: :chicken: I actually gave “Princess” away on craigslist for that reason… a silver “lavender” auracana that was like a rooster hen. The adopters & I are still in contact 5 years on & she’s had multiple generations of weird chicks. They also took my last surviving hen, a red “Rhodie” named Penny who is incredibly social & independent. My dog got Sunny Chicken the day before the two were to be adopted. :man_facepalming: :dog:

Looking forward to a future flock.

:evergreen_tree: all the flock I can get :rofl:

4 Likes

We don’t play that way here. Everyone gets along. I wish I had a Pic with the cats as well. They all share the yard.

That dog right there has killed other cats that have gotten in the yard, but not ours. I bet if that rooster down the block gets in our yard, he’s toast as well. She’s extremely defensive. Kinda the point right? :thinking:

Yeah, Louise and maybeline are the bossy ones here. I think they were the best gift I’ve ever given my wife.

Here’s them sharing the heat lamp on a cold winter day.

I’ve heard of those. I’m the rooster in our yard. :joy:

I like to think of myself as a better looking, smarter foghorn leghorn :rofl:

11 Likes