Can you assess the damage please? (Fox tailing & burn)

I vegged a lil too long for space and didn’t expect that much stretch after flower, so they grew too close to the light (I tried some super cropping but it wasn’t enough) around week 6 they showed leaf burning but it wasn’t that much so I just moved the lights a bit but they have fox tailed a lot also so I lowered the power. But how much damage has been made ?

5 Likes

I’ll tell you what I’ll do.

If you finish the grow and properly dry & cure the weed, I’ll safely dispose of it for you.

Deal?

She’s fine.

11 Likes

Yes it looks fine to me. It might not even be your fault. Some plants just want to foxtail.

Don’t even worry about it.

8 Likes

This case I do believe is heat / light because of the leaf burning (there is more burning than just that pic) and the fact that lights were too close (about 10’inches, they are powerful led lm301b at full power) but it’s good to know how t doesn’t look that bad yet :slight_smile:

Also it is GG4 S1 and I believe there is no genetic foxtail reported on it.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are you expecting seeds on that/those plant(s)?

2 Likes

please dont tell me you saw some :sob: no im not expecting seeds, but i understand they are sensitve to stress and can hermie easily…

2 Likes

It looks like seed pods on top of a couple of those buds. I might be wrong; they could just be calyx’s or small, strangely curled and trichome covered leaves. Oh well, even if it’s seeds, they won’t affect the quality of your smoke (unless you smoke them!). Either way, you’ll know soon enough.

2 Likes

That’s what it looks like to me too. I just delt with it in the summer outside.

2 Likes

I see what you mean. I just looked at them up close and seem to be curled (heat?) trichome covered small leaves. but honestly, im too inexperienced to know for sure. As you said, Ill know soon enough lol. i was really afraid these would hermie on me.

I dont see any male organs, so it might just be the foxtail.

2 Likes

Gently look at/in the bud being developed right on the tip

The little section that’s circled kinda looks like a few seed pods on my crappy phone

1 Like

I think you loss some bag appeal but I would totally smoke that no issue. a few seeds won’t hurt much . You know where and why they happened so the best you can do is correct and move on. Stress might throw off your harvest time a little.

3 Likes

Agreed! a few seeds never hurt anyone just nice to know it before you find them in the buster

1 Like

Alright I took a bit better pics. I tried digging in carefuly, and carefully broke off the tip hahaha. im not sure what to look for… it seemed filled with more green matter.

3 Likes

Well and I just noticed, the hairs right there are red and on the sides of the bud theirs still white.
That generally happens when pollen hits an area. At this age they should still white and developing with the bud.

I’m pretty sure this here is a seed

looks frosty good job! let them go another 2-3 weeks and they should be set. They should put on some more weight now.

2 Likes

heartbreaking. but ok, ill have te be more careful. thank you really!

1 Like

thank you @Gpaw i was on a work call when i read your correction and laughed out loud… hard to explain since we really werent on a jolly topic.

2 Likes

Too many "S"s in that word… :laughing: :vulcan_salute:

Cheers
G

1 Like

From what I have seen and experienced… Everyone using LEDS is fox-tailing to some degree.

4 Likes