Can you breed autos

Wonder if I pollinate some auto I have growing would it make seeds or even auto seeds? New to trying to breed just wondering if any growers have done this?

Thank you growers for any info

2 Likes

You sure can. If you pollinate an auto with another auto the seeds will be autoflowers. If you pollinate an auto with a photoperiod strain the seeds will all be photoperiods.

6 Likes

Thank you beaches that was the info I was looking for. Mite be worth breeding green crack and white window strains together.

4 Likes

That should be a killer cross. White crack? Lol

Are they both autos?

1 Like

No whitewindows are auto and green crack is photoperiods that I thought were fems until I came home today from work to water and the finely showed what they truly where disappointing for sure 10 weeks of love gone. Lol lol

1 Like

It happens lol. Did the males throw pollen yet?

1 Like

Like beacher said, the first generation will all be photoperiod plants.

However, if you take them to F2 (second generation), 25% of the offspring will be autos. You could then cull the photoperiod plants (it’ll be obvious if they don’t start flowering under 18/6) and breed the autos with each other and you are back to all autos for that line.

7 Likes

No cut one down still deciding if I’m going to cross the two.

1 Like

i have some reg auto seeds coming soon from seedsman. plan to make a bunch of crosses to produce seed so i can grow a shitload of autos and have every thing harvested by aug.

2 Likes

You can move a male into a different area and save the pollen from it. Then you can just pollinate a branch or two.

1 Like

Ye well good luck …I’ve been waiting for seeds from seedsman for seven weeks…now received a message they be delivered on Monday.

Don’t count on it …seedsman seems to be in a bit of a predicament a mo.

Happy growing

2 Likes

must be being delivered in the same package because mine supposed to be in mon. also. i hope your wrong. :wink:

Good luck on your grow. Ye I’m sure they be here on Mon… Then it usually 10 days to ship to Central America… All in all about 9 weeks from order for me.

1 Like

They’ve been really slow and having to repack everything for stealth, I think they’ve lost a few shipments. I’ve ways received my orders

2 Likes

I have used spray on autos on two differnet grows. The 1st grow i sprayed an auto GSC and pollinated it with another GSC and Critical BCN. I got a ton of seeds. I have grown a bunch and the germ rate is 100%! On the second grow i sprayed a Critical Purple and let it pollinate a Diesel, Cream, GSC and a Critical Jack. I have one more i want to do and use GG4 with some of the above mentioned. I have no intention of buying seeds again. The germination rate is so much better than store bought.

5 Likes

got 2 formula 1 reg autos from seedsman, a n. lights fem auto, and 2 unnamed reg autos from Corey going . hopefully i have a male in there. instead of messing with c. silver I’m just going to let nature run its course. should have plenty of seed to share. even if all regs turn out male at least i have the one n.light fem . that will be full of seeds. up potting to 4 gal . grow bags. i know its kind of over kill but i want as many seeds as possible.

5 Likes