Can you help me identify deficiency/problem?

Hi,
Can u guys help me? It appears on new growth. I’m growing in a soil. Using Biobizz fertilisers, biogrow and algamic + Calmag from advanced nutrients because I’m growing under a LED and using RO water so they want that Calmag so much. Right now I’m in week 3 of vegetative stage. I would say it’s zinc deficiency or PH problem. Or maybe it’s problem when I use Calmag with bio fertilisers?Thanks for any reply.

5 Likes

The yellowing has begun on the newer growth, and includes the very newest growth.

It would appear there is a fair amount of fertilizer and I am guessing you may be looking at nutrient burn. You are in soil?

A few questions.

What is your relative humidity, temp under the lights. What kind of lights? Do you have an accurate pH meter?

If you are in soil try to get the soil to around 6.7 or 6.8. I would water with pH corrected water only at first and see how it responds.

If you are in Hydroponic, you will need help from someone who works with those systems.

Best of luck and welcome to OG @Pang

5 Likes

It almost resembles a zinc deficiency according to the chart here. New growth affected too.

This one here days it’s iron deficiency.

Can we get someone else to chime in who knows better?

1 Like

@Pang
MynameStitch's Guide to Plant Diseases and Nutrient Deficiencies: magnesium

It’s looking spot on to your plant there

1 Like

Thanks all of u guys. I have LED lights, COB 190W. I will calibrate my PH meter, I think it will be high PH and zinc lockout. Just in a case I will raise my lamp and spray them with liquid seaweed.

3 Likes

Keep on growing. If it’s going to progress any further it’ll show what it is for sure. After seeing the pics for a magnesium deficiency it looks exactly like yours almost.

Check the pH of the soil, test your water temperature, and for good measure make sure the pH of the water going in is within the 6-7 window to ensure that nothing gets locked out even temporarily before the microbes buffer it to normal if you’re using any chelated nutrients or anything that makes them absorb easier for the plants.

My water going in I think was a little too cold and I saw a deficiency show up immediately like a rash. It’s very slowly fading, but makes me wonder mostly why it’s fading. Not that I’m complaining LoL

Don’t be discouraged if you see some off growth. Do the math and find the solution. Don’t add anything to fix it unless you’re 100% sure that will fix it.

2 Likes

I’m guessing iron and prob caused by ph or drainage issue.

1 Like

Make sure it’s at lights out don’t want to burn the plants with water droplet on the leaves

1 Like