Cannabinology STS Spray Kit

Bout to dive into femmed seed for the first time.These clones are still in veg. I sprayed once 4 days ago. and again last night. Flip in 3 days and spray again.
Can I just paint it on with small brush? It seems like it would be the easiest and most efficient way to applicate it.

Anyone else go the pre prepped rout ?

10 Likes

Yep. I’ve used that brand, in fact. No telling whether painting it on would work but it should. It’s probably a lot less wasteful too. That bottle should be enough to treat a plant, but I usually end up having to order a second bottle.

2 Likes

I do not.

Seems very expensive compared to making my own.

4 Likes

Seriously? A second bottle just for the one plant? I applied twice on the two plants and have over 80% of it left. I cant imagine it being done after another application or two.

1 Like

I make pancakes all the time. a shit load of em. Sometimes i go to the diner. You can by peat and perlite but most people by promix… It was a present to myself. It was $40.

Is the upfront cost very expensive compared or do you just get a hell of a lot more for the same price when you make your own?
:pancakes:

2 Likes

I guess I did a lot of sprays. FWIW you might as well spray it all on the same plant because it doesn’t have a long shelf life.

but the two plants are in the same place at the same time. how would spraying it on one plant effect the shelf life? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

It wouldn’t, unless somehow spraying the plant affected the space-time continuum. :rofl::rofl::rofl: :crazy_face::point_left:

2 Likes

I been on the promix wagon a while but will be flipping to mixing my own straight peat n perilite with the next crop. Prob add a lil vermiculite as well but thats it.

Did ya get the home Depot peat brick 3cft something like that?

I gotta try this reversing stuff someday. Looks easy enough and I like the idea of making seed of a lady I love. Feminized seed was on the horizon when I stopped growing so I never got to try it. Fast forward a few decades and poof…I’m legal. Whoda thought.

I’ma follow along here.

3 Likes

Have been looking for a spray myself, but now just waiting for a kick up my own butt cuz the price difference and the amount you get from it, is just ridiculous.

0.5g of Silver Nitrate and 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate anhydrous or 3.9g of sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate will yield 500 ml of each solution of wich you will use 50 ml each time you make a batch of 900ml.

Once mixed it can be used up to 9 months. Geetting both the compounds for multiple rounds and batches is less than one bottle. Someone sent me this guide a while ago.

7 Likes

great link. much appreciated.
I 100% plan on making my own just for the experience. Like wise I bought this stuff for the experience. I deal with a large customer base and would love to be able to recommend it to people who I know cant handle mixing part A and part B

2 Likes

Silver Nitrate Crystal Powder 10 Grams $20

Sodium Thiosulfate 11$

Amber Bottle Set (2 Pack/16oz) or 4 Pack - 32oz 16 bucks
plus shipping
plus misc items needed. could be expensive if you dont have em.
plus having a bunch of extra stuff around

I am a huge advocate for doing it your self. Also a huge advocate for taking the easy route. This solution seems to be a valuable tool for some.
Hope it works.

2 Likes

That seems a lot for some glass bottles :frowning_face:. The first time I made STS I just used a couple of clean amber glass softdrink (soda) bottles to store the solutions. Later I found some 500mL amber glass bottles and a 100mL amber pump spray at Kmart for $2 each.

2 Likes

I really want to give the method in this thread a try. I’ve read through every post in the thread and it seems like many are having success using this injection method.

It would be so much easier than spraying.

I have yet to make feminized seeds. I helped a buddy do it once but that’s about it. Made plenty of regular seeds though. lol

@Mad_Barry it looks like this worked for you?

2 Likes

the world we live in…
If you brew you can buy inexpensive beer and pour it out for less expensing then buying bottles.

3 Likes

Yes, it worked great! Complete reversal from one application.

3 Likes

please clarify what you are talking about for the rest of the class. Slains method from 19’?

The thread I posted above has a method for injecting a tiny dose of silver nitrate right into the main stem of the plant to reverse it in a single application.

1 Like

That’s awesome!

1 Like