Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Financial update.
Progress, baby!

3 Likes

This is a huge problem.

The simplest and quickest way to alleviate this problem is universal legalization.
This basic restoration of freedom, combined with more ganja consumers learning how to grow their own high quality weed, would inevitably eradicate the problematic black market.
See, very simple.
Overgrowng is the solution!

4 Likes

great article, thanks for posting. It’s already looking like we need Legalization 2.0, the first go-around is going to be an epic fail. Guess the government forgot to talk to actual farmers when they were writing the law.

I think many entrepreneurs and investors that start retail businesses are going to lose their shirts too. The effective tax rate is far too high, and of course the tax rate on underground herb is 0.0%. after the initial thrill of shopping at stores wears off people will just call their old delivery guy for half the price.

4 Likes

@Muleskinner, of course you are correct.
Governmental over regulation and over taxation enable and invigorate the underground market.
Government ineptitude and stupidity are limitless.
Look at what NYC has done to create a thriving black market for bootlegged cigarettes…$13 for a legal pack now in New York City!
This is a windfall for bootleggers.

Marijuana is much easier for consumers to grow and enjoy than it would be for cigarette smokers to grow their own tobacco and then make cigarettes.
Besides, growing buds is loads of fun.

4 Likes

I have not noticed many women here on OG?
Yet.

2 Likes

Marijuana is much easier for consumers to grow and enjoy than it would be for cigarette smokers to grow their own tobacco and then make cigarettes.

yes, doesn’t tobacco have to cure for 1 year in a drying shed or something? what a pain in the ass that would be.

3 Likes

Looks like no bicycles either.
Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Gadzooks!

U.S. Marijuana Sales Are Predicted to Hit $30 Billion by 2021, According to a New Report

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/investment/markets-and-stocks/u-s-marijuana-sales-are-predicted-to-hit-billion-by/article_e931d2c5-b20f-59ec-9e64-0c150cc9f4a0.amp.html

1 Like

I have a recreational trip coming to a recreational state, I am going to purchase legal for recreational purposes ghanga and ship it to myself by courier, will I get away with it? Who knows I say yes

5 Likes

That is probably the safest way to do it.
I say yes also…success will be yours!

3 Likes

I have mailed a small vacuum-sealed jar to myself on vacation a couple times - I’ve sent it on ahead to the hotel I was staying at. Both times in Oregon. No problems!

One ounce was decriminalized in both states so I figured the feds wouldn’t pull my fingernails out or anything if they caught me.

6 Likes

Better late than never!

Former New York senator who opposed smoking pot joins marijuana lobbying group

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/politics/ex-senator-opposed-smoking-pot-joins-marijuana-lobbying-group-article-1.3490962

3 Likes

Well, since I have only ever grown illicit gardens, an article like this simply reinforces the benefit of remaining underground.
Even if my backwards state were to fully legalize, I would still be inclined to maintain the secrecy of my gardens.

I simply wish to be left alone.

http://www.alternet.org/drugs/western-states-try-tame-homegrown-marijuana?amp

7 Likes

Amen brother,secrecy is still important to stave off high graders and thieves

4 Likes

That is smart but won’t solve any problems. Exercising your rights and being vocal in legal states at least will keep the momentum pushing towards open legality. Hiding in the shadows allows governments to oppress and businesses to monetize while criminalizing the rest of us.

5 Likes

Heck ya. It’s called “OverGrow”, not “submit to regulation”.
This “Legalization” movement has been taken over by corporate-carpetbaggers who’s plan is to stamp-out the homegrowers that built this industry. An industry built on a foundation of our sweat, blood, sleepless nights, and time spent locked-up with diseased psychopaths.
Scotts Miracle Gro Weed …coming to a WalMart near you! $1/gram.

5 Likes

Yikes, that sounds really nasty.

Because I have been a secret gardener for over forty years, I have never experienced that delightful scenario!

I have never been in trouble with the goose stepping, jack booted thugs enforcing the bizarre, immoral prohibition of cannabis.

I plan on keeping it that way.

4 Likes

I spent 60 days in the county jail without having committed a crime, women can claim anything in child support court. When the proof of payment is in your mailbox waiting for you to come home, you don’t get that time back you don’t get paid for your inconvenience, you can’t make any kind of retribution. I know what diseased psychopaths look like.

4 Likes

YES you will get away with it.

2 Likes

This old guy’s statement regarding MMJ Research Bill is pretty funny.

2 Likes