Cannabis Current Events (Part 1)

Anything for the money.

https://www.heraldonline.com/latest-news/article226150860.html

1 Like

Well…maybe…

1 Like

YouTube’s ‘Pot Scientist’ Fired for Answering Burning Questions

1 Like

Looks like NJ’s Politburo has already screwed up the tax part - now someone buying a $25 ounce of cheap schwag will pay the same tax as someone buying a $500 ounce. a regressive cannabis tax! very innovative

1 Like

So, I will assume that the author of this piece meant well.
However…
Jeezly Crow

Cannabis seeds – understanding the basics

2 Likes

South Carolina…not gonna hold my breath…
I hope I’m wrong.

2 Likes

This guy “gets” it. So simple.

“I firmly believe if you really want to get rid of that street corner dealer, legalize marijuana and put no tax on it the first two years.”

from this
Former New Jersey Trooper Lobbying State To Go Tax-Free On Recreational Marijuana

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/former-new-jersey-trooper-lobbying-state-to-go-tax-free-on-recreational-marijuana/ar-BBTMGJ6

4 Likes

Idk, would they really offer a fair price just because there’s no tax?

2 Likes

Maybe.
Seems to me that it’s worth trying, as other states are expressing feigned
surprise that the underground market is thriving in virtually all legal states.

2 Likes

there’s no evidence but I believe the political class is protecting the larger drug rackets because they get paid by the larger drug rackets - i.e. a skim or cut of the action.

For example Mayor Marty Walsh in Boston has been part of the Irish clans (mafia) his whole life and weed is basically still illegal in Boston - 2 1/2 years after legalization, no retail stores. 62% of the city voted in favor. How can you ignore the fact that the Irish mafia has run drugs, gambling and sex in Boston for decades? need I mention Whitey Bulger, who’s brother ran the State Legislature.

The changes the state Legislature made to the law, and the security/regulatory requirements imposed by their appointees, could not have been written better to preserve and prolong the black market. Coincidence? There are no coincidences in politics. :smile:

7 Likes

Mass is just making things difficult.

https://www.salemnews.com/news/salem-shop-suspends-retail-marijuana-sales/article_0cff3de8-352b-11e9-823b-a37e588bf5cb.html

3 Likes

This is truly shocking…behind the scenes effort to eliminate home-growing
of cannabis in NY State’s proposed legalization framework.
Surprise, surprise!

Freedom?

4 Likes

Marijuana companies (listed as members of NYMCIA in the memo to Cuomo’s office)[1]:

• Columbia Care
  • Etain
  • PharmaCann
  • The Botanist
  • Acreage Holdings, NY (U.S. House Speaker John Boehner board member)
  • Vireo Health

“Law enforcement must be given the tools to aid in the battle against the black market”

At the same time, for non-exempt transactions, “a general consensus agrees that the net-effective taxation level should be between 15% and 25%.”
But, “we encourage the State to remove the 7% excise tax currently being paid by ROs (and ultimately being paid by patients) on the retail price of the medicinal products sold and to exempt medical transactions from any other form of taxation.”
Because, “If patients are able to purchase similar products for the same price (as) in an adult-use dispensary it will lead to medical dispensaries being unable to provide the level of care that patients need.”

2 Likes

Legalization without home cultivation is a slap in the face to every citizen in this state

5 Likes
2 Likes

How does that work?

A public servant discharging public duties having a meeting with the public from within a public office?

Wouldn’t that be considered a public recording from a public place? Was the recording device concealed?

1 Like

it must have been concealed.

Bad news - Boston Freedom Rally just got trimmed from 3 days to 1!

1 Like

this is cool - these people are smart, they’re looking around at Mass. and California and sensing they’re about to be cut out of legalization completely…

2 Likes